UFC 196 - McGregor vs Diaz

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Lawler but think he will get KO'd inside two rounds if he fights Wonderboy next. The majority of MMA media outlets had him losing in the Condit and Hendricks fights and neither of those guys are in their prime. Carlos had fought twice in three years and Hendricks certainly isn't the fighter he was pre-GSP.

Lawler doesn't have the foot/head movement, slip and counter boxing or the ground game of Diaz. Mcgregor could easily pick him apart and if Robbie's chin is about to give like it looks, it would go similar to the Wonderboy fight.
Do you know how much bigger lawler would look against McGregor would be like a high school kid against a primary school kid. McGregor got rocked by Diaz wait to you see what lawler would do to him.......

McGregor cost himself that fight.

He absolutely bullied Diaz for the first round and a half. Was way to quick and kept catching him with a lot of punches... The fight looked so one sided at that stage.

Conor knew he had the upper hand at this stage, and it looked like he was waiting for a highlight reel KO (uppercut so that he could say he predicted it and keep up the whole mystic mac stuff), rather than keeping his head on his shoulders and just finishing off Diaz with whatever opportunities presented..... Was too cocky, left himself open and got his button rattled by a good left from Diaz.... The fight was over from that punch.

He will learn from this fight... But if there is one thing that we should learn is that Conor can defiantly compete at 170. Just needs to get the cardio inline with his new weight.

Do you know how much bigger lawler would look against McGregor would be like a high school kid against a primary school kid. McGregor got rocked by Diaz wait to you see what lawler would do to him.......

My guess is Robbie probably cuts 15-18 pounds, rehydrates most of that. I'd imagine Conor having no problem getting to 180 before the cut. Robbie would go in with a size advantage but wouldn't be that significant, he's less than two inches taller and the reach is the same. I think it highlights how ridiculous the cut from Mcgregor to 145 was.

Conor didn't cost himself the fight, the hyperbole here is in overdrive.

He fought a much bigger guy, his featherweight power didn't translate and he gassed out, got tagged and lost.

It's an upset but honestly if you didn't think it was at least a possibility.. Well, then I don't know what to tell you

I'm not sure Nate can be considered a much bigger guy.........

Hendo vs Thatch was a significant size difference; Nate was only slightly bigger than McGregor.

Lawler probably walks through Conor's punches with a s**t eating grin.

McGregor cost himself that fight.

He absolutely bullied Diaz for the first round and a half. Was way to quick and kept catching him with a lot of punches... The fight looked so one sided at that stage.

Conor knew he had the upper hand at this stage, and it looked like he was waiting for a highlight reel KO (uppercut so that he could say he predicted it and keep up the whole mystic mac stuff), rather than keeping his head on his shoulders and just finishing off Diaz with whatever opportunities presented..... Was too cocky, left himself open and got his button rattled by a good left from Diaz.... The fight was over from that punch.

He will learn from this fight... But if there is one thing that we should learn is that Conor can defiantly compete at 170. Just needs to get the cardio inline with his new weight.
How does this fight mean he can definitely compete at 170?

Diaz would be a fringe top ten welterweight at best. Condit, Rory and Wonderboy would slaughter him with their reach. Hendricks and Woodley wrestle*s him into oblivion. Maia submits him with ease. He would have a puncher's chance against Lawler only cause Lawler eats a few punches every fight.

He fought a much bigger guy, his featherweight power didn't translate and he gassed out, got tagged and lost.

I wouldn't go as far to say his power didn't translate. He probably did more damage to Nate's head in a single round than anyone has. Everyone who has hurt Diaz with stand up has really attacked the legs and body.

I'm not sure he gassed either, he was arrogant with his hands down and the precision of that right left combo catches many by surprise. Probably thought he could walk through punches like he did at 145.

He should really forget the movement coach and go train with the Diaz boys for a year to improve his head movement and submission defence.

I wouldn't go as far to say his power didn't translate. He probably did more damage to Nate's head in a single round than anyone has. Everyone who has hurt Diaz with stand up has really attacked the legs and body.

I'm not sure he gassed either, he was arrogant with his hands down and the precision of that right left combo catches many by surprise. Probably thought he could walk through punches like he did at 145.

He should really forget the movement coach and go train with the Diaz boys for a year to improve his head movement and submission defence.

Diaz is a bleeder and got one bad cut, also didn't get rocked in spite of eating a tonne of flush punches.

He said himself he wasn't efficient with his energy, he was throwing nothing but full power shots that would normally knock guys at 145 out and Diaz copped them.

He also got caught with an elementary combination, pretty sure Diaz was shocked that rattled Conor when it landed.

He's been fighting guys he is used to being bigger, stronger and faster than and today those advantages were gone, added to the fact his cardio was always going to be suspect (anyone go put on 20 pounds of muscles in a few months and see how your gas tank is).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think with the responses since the fight people would be bragging about their betting slips from the TAB, but alas...

You would think with the responses since the fight people would be bragging about their betting slips from the TAB, but alas...

I went in to the TAB and checked the markets on the website between 10am - 1230pm could not find any UFC markets.

Liked the comments McGregor has made since. Basically said he underestimated Diaz efficiency and the damage he can sustain

Liked the comments McGregor has made since. Basically said he underestimated Diaz efficiency and the damage he can sustain

I'm more impressed he basically said straight off the bat he'll defend his title and then work his way back up. Definitely doesn't want any freebies. Spose would have been hard for him to get RDA regardless, on top of that naming the guy that just beat him as a candidate of the match he was suppose to have.

I went in to the TAB and checked the markets on the website between 10am - 1230pm could not find any UFC markets.

Well your first mistake was bothering with TAB in the first place ;)

For future ref tho, Sportsbet are pretty good.

TAB has stopped UFC betting since Rousey - Holm. Something about fight fixing concerns or complaints about the sport IIRC.

I'm more impressed he basically said straight off the bat he'll defend his title and then work his way back up. Definitely doesn't want any freebies. Spose would have been hard for him to get RDA regardless, on top of that naming the guy that just beat him as a candidate of the match he was suppose to have.

Well your first mistake was bothering with TAB in the first place ;)

For future ref tho, Sportsbet are pretty good.

I backed few things with Sportsbet no winners of course.

McGregor was overrated heading into this fight, Diaz criminally underrated. $4.60 for Diaz to win? Wow, bookies must be very casual UFC fans like #TeamMcGregor. :p

I actually made a couple of hundred on Nunez which I saw as the best value bet.
I also don't understand why people aren't talking about her, she is scary good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back