Welterweight Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena
Middleweight Thiago Santos vs. Nate Marquardt
Bantamweight John Lineker vs. Rob Font
Lightweight Francisco Trinaldo vs. Yancy Medeiros
Welterweight Sérgio Moraes vs. Kamaru Usman
Featherweight Renato Moicano vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
Light Heavyweight Patrick Cummins vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira

Last edited by a moderator:

198 is a solid card packed with mainly Brazilian MMA legends and should be a fun card. Outside of the main card there are a few to watch. Damian Maia is considered to have the best BJJ in the sport and is a top welterweight contender. His opponent, Matt Brown, has been in some great fights and is a tough dude. Bryan Barberena is known mainly for beating Sage Northcutt in his last fight, and that's about all. Nogueira, or Lil Nog, is a legend. He is definitely on the end of his career but he is worth watching. He is a boxer and BJJ black belt. He has allegedly once tried to feed a bus a carrot, according to Chael Sonnen.

Good card.

Some huge mismatches on here. The UFC must be pissed that Barberena beat Northcutt. Alves will run through him. Santos is going to brutally KO Marquardt with a head kick. Cyborg will maul Smith too.

Werdum/Miocic is great. Jacare/Belfort is great. I don't like Silva/Hall, but it looks to be a close fight. Anderson has to beat Shogun because if he doesn't the division is in even worse shape than anyone thought. Maia/Brown is good and a nice stylstic match-up for Maia. Lineker's always fun and Font's UFC career has started well. Trinaldo/Medeiros is a good fight. Moraes/Usman is good. Cummins/Little Nog is alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Werdum to make light work of this fight

I really don't know what to expect in the Werdum/Miocic fight.

At first I thought Miocic being less likely to look for takedowns could hurt him a lot. Then I looked at his recent fights and realised that outside of the Hunt fight he hasn't got many takedowns and he's still done well. He tried to take JDS down a lot, but didn't get him down often and still had a competitive fight.

In the end I have to pick Werdum for a few reasons. I think Werdum's the more dangerous fighter and has more ways to win. If someone's submitting the other it'll very likely be Werdum winning. Werdum's more likely to win by KO too imo. Miocic's best shot is winning a decision and I think he could outwork Werdum on his way to a decision, but Werdum could just as easily do that too. I think Werdum will get the better of Miocic on the feet because he's got more tools there. Werdum will throw punches, kicks and knees, while Miocic will mainly be throwing hands. I'm not very sure about it, but I think Werdum wins.

Might be because i saw him destroy Hunt in Adelaide or because i have cash on him at like $21's to end the year as champion but i dont think it will go that way.

I can't see anyone making light work of Stipe right now, the guy is a stud. His stand up was good enough to go 5 hard rounds with JDS and his wrestling is good enough to keep most heavy's from taking him down. I see this fight as a flip of the coin.

Main card is awesome.

Prelim cards in Brazil are a toss of the coin...Either going to be grappling for 3 rounds or some crazy ass ko's that you will never see again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back