MMA-UFC UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping (Weidman injured)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
200px-Rockhold_vs_Weidman_2.jpg

Middleweight Luke Rockhold (c) vs. Chris Weidman
Bantamweight Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber
Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas
Middleweight Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard
Lightweight Dustin Poirier vs. Bobby Green
Featherweight B.J. Penn vs. Dennis Siver
Featherweight Brian Ortega vs. Clay Guida
Lightweight Evan Dunham vs. Leonardo Santos
Women's Strawweight Jessica Penne vs. Jessica Andrade
Welterweight Sean Strickland vs. Tom Breese
Light Heavyweight Jonathan Wilson vs. Luiz Henrique da Silva
Middleweight Kevin Casey vs. Elvis Mutapcic
Lightweight Polo Reyes vs. Dong Hyun Kim

This is another fun card. Two title fights at the top of the card will be great to watch, and provide plenty of buildup with the trash talking. Weidman looked unstoppable after he KO'ed Anderson Silva and then Silva broke his leg on his knee. If you want to check the video of that then be my guest, but it isn't pretty.

I can't see Faber beating Cruz now, especially now that Cruz has had a fight recently. To come back and beat TJ like he did is not a good thing for Faber.

Holloway and Lamas is going to be a fight to watch, I'm pumped for that one. I worry for Holloway though, he still might have to fight again before getting a title shot even if he wins, thanks to the McGregor shenanigans.

Poitier is always in a good fight and Green will probably stand and bang with Dustin, but that's just a guess. I can't see it being a boring fight.

I can't say that I'm excited to see BJ back. He was one of my favourite fighters and seeing his decline has been sad to watch. I don't know if a win or a loss is worse for BJ but I think that he is still probably too good for Siver.

Brian Ortega is such value to watch, I can see this guy fighting for a title one day, he has so much potential and his skills are ridiculous for a 25 year old. If he can stay away from the roids, he has an exciting future. I think that he might retire Guida.

Last edited:
I hope Weidman wins. I know he probably won't win but I've only recently started following MMA and him vs Anderson silva was one of the first fights I saw on YouTube. Slowly been getting more and more addicted to it since.

I thought the first fight could've gone either way and not much has changed here.

Weidman was definitely on top early against him last time, before that spinning back fist or whatever the * it was which lead to him getting taken down.

Also, will be in LA for this card :thumbsu: ******* nosebleeds are like 95 US though... might just have to find a sports bar.

I thought the first fight could've gone either way and not much has changed here.

Weidman was definitely on top early against him last time, before that spinning back fist or whatever the **** it was which lead to him getting taken down.

Also, will be in LA for this card :thumbsu: ******* nosebleeds are like 95 US though... might just have to find a sports bar.
nose bleeds in US basketball stadiums from what ive read are no where near as bad as the level 1 seats we had in melbourne, and i payed $300 for those

Holloway v Lamas is a fun fight on paper but I see Max running through Lamas with ease.

Cruz will win...

Not a Rockhold fan but I think he has Weidman's number. Weidman didnt show up in the last fight.

Is Weidman already made or does he still have alot to learn?

Rockhold/Weidman is a good fight. After that last fight you'd have to think Rockhold would win. Although it was a close fight up until Weidman threw that spinning kick. Then Rockhold dominated from there. It's a good fight and it's an unnecessary rematch on the surface, but there wasn't much else for Rockhold except for this fight.

The Cruz/Faber fight is very uninteresting to me. I don't really see how a fading Faber beats Cruz. Cruz just had an extremely close fight with Dillashaw. I don't see what Faber has to offer that will give Cruz much trouble this time. Last time Faber cracked him a few times with right hands. Cruz's striking looked much better in the Dillashaw fight than it did back when he fought Faber for the 2nd time. That's all Faber had going for him last time and this time it'll be more one-sided.

Holloway/Lamas is good. I think Holloway will be able to keep it standing and pick Lamas apart.

Poirier/Green is good. Not really sure how that one goes at this stage. Poirier probably the smart choice because Green's been out for a while.

I don't have any interest in Penn coming back. At least he's not being thrown in there against someone near the very top of a division.

Ortega's a solid prospect. He might get blanketed by Guida here though. Ortega was losing large portions of his previous two fights before getting the finish. A loss here wouldn't surprise me and it shouldn't do much harm to him going forward. A win for him would be big.

Breese/Strickland is a good fight. Breese is a very good prospect and Strickland's a good up and comer too. Should be an interesting fight.

Ortega's a solid prospect. He might get blanketed by Guida here though. Ortega was losing large portions of his previous two fights before getting the finish. A loss here wouldn't surprise me and it shouldn't do much harm to him going forward. A win for him would be big.

I think that if Guida tries to lay on Ortega then he will get submitted. I know that Guida is no slouch on the mat but Ortega is a weapon

Rockhold/Weidman is certainly a fairly even match-up. After that last fight I think Rockhold has advantages in most areas though. On the feet it was pretty even, but I think Rockhold has a slight edge there.

Rockhold's better from top position than Weidman, or maybe it's that Weidman's worse off of his back than Rockhold. Probably it's a bit of both. Weidman got on top and Rockhold was able to neutralise the situation for the most part. Rockhold got on top and Weidman could do nothing. Rockhold's dominance from top position is why I have to think he'll win. If he gets on top Weidman's in all sorts of trouble.

Not if Jones stays there.
Not many fighters have success in this sport if that's how you want to define it. I think he can have success at LHW without being the champion.

If he loses twice to Rockhold it's unlikely that he becomes champion at MW again. Going up to LHW and having a bunch of fresh match-ups wouldn't be the worst decision. At worst he'd end up in the top 7 of LHW.

Not many fighters have success in this sport if that's how you want to define it. I think he can have success at LHW without being the champion.

If he loses twice to Rockhold it's unlikely that he becomes champion at MW again. Going up to LHW and having a bunch of fresh match-ups wouldn't be the worst decision. At worst he'd end up in the top 7 of LHW.

Not a lot of glory in being the second best anything. If you're in professional sport and consider anything but championships, world titles, being #1 as "success" you're in the wrong business my friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weidman is made of glass.
do we know what his injury is yet?

He will have to work his way back in now.. Romero v Weidman?

I'd like to see bisping get his shot but I think he would need a full camp. Souza didn't take any damage and will still be in shape, I think that's the fight to make.

Weidman is made of glass.
do we know what his injury is yet?

He will have to work his way back in now.. Romero v Weidman?

I'd like to see bisping get his shot but I think he would need a full camp. Souza didn't take any damage and will still be in shape, I think that's the fight to make.

No injury announcement that I've been able to find yet. Sucks for Chris, but you're probably right that he'll need to fight his way back to a shot now.

Agree that Jacare should be good to go and would be the right choice. Bisping hasn't had any fight lined up since the Silva fight so likely won't be in fight shape. His last fight against Rockhold didn't leave me begging for a rematch either.

No injury announcement that I've been able to find yet. Sucks for Chris, but you're probably right that he'll need to fight his way back to a shot now.

Agree that Jacare should be good to go and would be the right choice. Bisping hasn't had any fight lined up since the Silva fight so likely won't be in fight shape. His last fight against Rockhold didn't leave me begging for a rematch either.
id like to see him get his day, I feel if he doesn't get it now he never will

It's starting to get ridiculous with all these fighters pulling out. Yes I understand they get injuried but there have been many pull outs recently to great fights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back