MMA-UFC UFC 200: Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt - Jones has USADA Violation

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
320px-UFC_200_event_poster.jpg

Light Heavyweight Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Jon Jones (ic)
Featherweight José Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
Women's Bantamweight Miesha Tate (c) vs. Amanda Nunes
Heavyweight Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne
Welterweight Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Middleweight Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson
Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon
Lightweight Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marín
Lightweight Takanori Gomi vs. Jim Miller
Women's Bantamweight Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Peña

So it's official, no McGregor vs Diaz for this one. The card turned out stacked and will keep the hardcore and new fans happy, even without the Irishman. Massive card with 3 title fights at the top.

Heavyweight Brock Lesnar (c) def. Frank Mir (ic) TKO (punches) 2 1:48 [a]
Welterweight Georges St-Pierre (c) def. Thiago Alves Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_100#cite_note-15
Middleweight Dan Henderson def. Michael Bisping KO (punch) 2 3:20 [c]
Welterweight Jon Fitch def. Paulo Thiago Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 [d]
Middleweight Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Alan Belcher Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Preliminary Card
Weight class
Method Round Time Notes
Light Heavyweight Mark Coleman def. Stephan Bonnar Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Jon Jones def. Jake O'Brien Submission (modified guillotine choke) 2 2:43
Lightweight Jim Miller def. Mac Danzig Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim def. TJ Grant Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–26, 30–26) 3 5:00
Middleweight Tom Lawlor def. CB Dollaway Submission (guillotine choke) 1 0:55
Lightweight Shannon Gugerty def. Matt Grice Submission (guillotine choke)

im pretty happy with 200 TBH id be happy to say its the biggest card ever

Heavyweight Brock Lesnar (c) def. Frank Mir (ic) TKO (punches) 2 1:48 [a]
Welterweight Georges St-Pierre (c) def. Thiago Alves Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–44, 50–45) 5 5:00
Middleweight Dan Henderson def. Michael Bisping KO (punch) 2 3:20 [c]
Welterweight Jon Fitch def. Paulo Thiago Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 [d]
Middleweight Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Alan Belcher Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Preliminary Card
Weight class
Method Round Time Notes
Light Heavyweight Mark Coleman def. Stephan Bonnar Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Jon Jones def. Jake O'Brien Submission (modified guillotine choke) 2 2:43
Lightweight Jim Miller def. Mac Danzig Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim def. TJ Grant Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–26, 30–26) 3 5:00
Middleweight Tom Lawlor def. CB Dollaway Submission (guillotine choke) 1 0:55
Lightweight Shannon Gugerty def. Matt Grice Submission (guillotine choke)

im pretty happy with 200 TBH id be happy to say its the biggest card ever

For those that don't know, this was the UFC 100 card. The Brock vs Mir fight was huge and GSP was/is the best welterweight and one of the best pound for pound best fighters to compete. I may also love GSP. The Henderson vs Bisping had a decent build up as they were The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) coaches for a USA vs UK comp. Henderson knocked out Bisping and pretty much king hit him while he was out cold. Everone in the US hated Bisping so no one cared.

Great card. I think I recently posted something stupid about this card being just another card. It's not. It's stacked.

Cormier vs Jones is so great because they really hate each other. Lots of other rivalries in MMA are put on for the cameras, but this one definitely isn't.
Agreed.

If they stopped the card before the 3 title fights, it still stacks up as a decent card. Add them in & its epic! Only thing it is missing is Conor fighting either Aldo or Edgar to make it a real title fight.

This will hit 1m PPV's, the question is: Can it break UFC 100 for sales?

I don't think it'll come close to UFC 100 for PPV buys. That card had Lesnar and GSP on it, who were both huge draws. This card doesn't have any huge PPV draws on it. It could hit 1 million buys, but I don't think it's a certainty to do so. If it does hit 1 million most of it will be because of the Jones/Cormier rivalry.

This card is better than UFC 100, but I don't think it'll be the financial success that UFC 100 was.

I don't think it'll come close to UFC 100 for PPV buys. That card had Lesnar and GSP on it, who were both huge draws. This card doesn't have any huge PPV draws on it. It could hit 1 million buys, but I don't think it's a certainty to do so. If it does hit 1 million most of it will be because of the Jones/Cormier rivalry.

This card is better than UFC 100, but I don't think it'll be the financial success that UFC 100 was.
greg savage said something on cheap seats about the PPV buys. "do you really give a s**t about ppv buys, the amount of $$$ the UFC makes of this makes this a good card ? does it really matter to you the fan ? or if this makes this card so much better than the next card cause it sold more " "

greg savage said something on cheap seats about the PPV buys. "do you really give a s**t about ppv buys, the amount of $$$ the UFC makes of this makes this a good card ? does it really matter to you the fan ? or if this makes this card so much better than the next card cause it sold more " "
I don't really get this idea that fans shouldn't care about PPV buys or the money being made.

More money means, theoretically at least, more money for the fighters. In practice it's more money for the promoters, but with more money being made there can be more pressure on the promoters to pay fighters better. The more huge PPV cards there are that are generating millions of dollars, the more pressure the fans, media and fighters can put on promoters to pay more money to the fighters.

More PPV buys also indicates more interest in the sport. Right now huge PPV buys are generated by fighters with huge fanbases or because of big rivalries between fighters with decent fanbases. It's basically casual fans that cause PPV buys to be huge. The hardcore fanbase is pretty small as witnessed by Demetrious Johnson headlining PPV cards. Turning these casual fans into hardcores would be great for the sport. A UFC PPV will get 100,000 or so buys no matter what right now. Increasing that to 300,000 would be great for the sport going forward and it should be good for the fighters' pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I am just reading that Paige VanZant has pulled out due t her good showing on Dancing With The Stars where she should make finals. So her management have decided to pull her from UFC 200 to prepare for the finals...o_O

So I am just reading that Paige VanZant has pulled out due t her good showing on Dancing With The Stars where she should make finals. So her management have decided to pull her from UFC 200 to prepare for the finals...o_O

I think that's a good idea too. Paige hasn't had a break, although she has had a break from training. I'd be happy to see her come back around UFC 205 in New York so she can have a change o get back into the gym and work on improving her game.

I think that's a good idea too. Paige hasn't had a break, although she has had a break from training. I'd be happy to see her come back around UFC 205 in New York so she can have a change o get back into the gym and work on improving her game.
Yeah. No reason to rush back in. If she gets enough exposure from dancing with the stars that she can go do something else instead of fighting, she'd be smart to do that. I have no idea how likely that is because I pay no attention to the show.

Yeah. No reason to rush back in. If she gets enough exposure from dancing with the stars that she can go do something else instead of fighting, she'd be smart to do that. I have no idea how likely that is because I pay no attention to the show.
Aparentley she is quite good, it wouldn't be a bad idea it will also show she is more focused on her fighting. Though I have been told dancing will do wonders to her game

Dana White apparently saying 1 more fight to be added...or did I dream that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back