MMA-UFC UFC 200: Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt - Jones has USADA Violation

Remove this Banner Ad

The suspension won't apply to WWE will it? They're not under the same guidelines.
Going off twitter, it wont apply but WWE will most likely have to suspend him under their wellness policy to save face and pretend things are above board, which will only be 30 days i guess.

But after that it wont be a good look have a USADA suspended guy at the top of your bill.

Going off twitter, it wont apply but WWE will most likely have to suspend him under their wellness policy to save face and pretend things are above board, which will only be 30 days i guess.

But after that it wont be a good look have a USADA suspended guy at the top of your bill.

Brock lucky a few days breathing room if they apply the wellness violation now.

Brock can GAGF too.

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm waiting for everything with Lesnar and Jones to play out before saying much. That 4 month waiver Lesnar had doesn't look so great now though. If you're going to have a strict drug testing system in place then everyone should be held to the same standards. Maybe that's being idealistic, but to me it makes sense if you want to be taken seriously.

How far can someone get being clean in MMA? I know Lesnar got paid a lot, but other fighters are making very little. Some have to work another job. They're going to get everything they need from food and supplements? Then there's the issue that those supplements may contain banned substances anyway because the industry is a mess. Novitzky said that they don't believe fighters need to take supplements. All they need is food. That just goes to show the disconnect between the athletes and those overseeing the drug testing program if you ask me.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I find this really difficult to believe.

He was announced at UFC 199 on 6 June(ish); we know that he was tested 5 times in the following week or so.

Then he gets popped 3 weeks after that? Something doesn't add up. This can't be steroids - it's going to end up being a diuretic or something like that to help him lose weight.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
I see Brock spent his millions on a new tattoo

LtPPEgj.jpg

Just imagine if there was a potential lawsuit against the UFC or USADA for this, granted MMA competition is based on both fighters being clean and the UFC and USADA allowing Brock to fight with the waivers and what not. If Mark Hunt got seriously beat up in this fight (a lot more than he did) and maybe even suffered serious injuries, that could certainly be the case would it not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Just imagine if there was a potential lawsuit against the UFC or USADA for this, granted MMA competition is based on both fighters being clean and the UFC and USADA allowing Brock to fight with the waivers and what not. If Mark Hunt got seriously beat up in this fight (a lot more than he did) and maybe even suffered serious injuries, that could certainly be the case would it not?
Again it would depend what he tested positive for. Id bet my house it was a fat stripper or diuretic, looking at him fight night compared to a month ago he looked a lot leaner... (for him anyway)

Again it would depend what he tested positive for. Id bet my house it was a fat stripper or diuretic, looking at him fight night compared to a month ago he looked a lot leaner... (for him anyway)
Its could also be epo.. he didnt get tired and it has a very short testing window.

We have no idea what it could be but what ever it is im pretty confident that even if its a tainted supplement he is a juicer and deserved to be caught.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Even if it was a diuretic that is no more harmless as they have been known to dilute doping agents and their metabolites.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
where did you hear that ?
on my news feed this morning from all the usual suspects, faber, cyborg all from that ettim sports webstite which I still dont know much about. but all the fighters seem to share there strories

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Intersting article. All seems very convenient though. It also doesn't excuse the use or atleast not putting your hand up and being open about using an inhaler. Everyone knows inhalers have steroids in them don't they?

I guess the motivation for him to come clean is only there if he ever wanted to continue fighting, or whether he was just after a $2M payday.. If Lesnar would have come clean about what happened in his training camp then a similar situation to the Yoel Romero one may have played out? Or maybe still could?

If this was an existing condition as has been mentioned in the article then he should have sought an exemption for an inhaler..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back