MMA-UFC UFC 205 - New York

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be so bloody hard. Put the suit on after one of the biggest fights of your career, losing your belt and getting knocked out in front of the biggest audience ever and then get probed with questions.

Must be so bloody hard. Put the suit on after one of the biggest fights of your career, losing your belt and getting knocked out in front of the biggest audience ever and then get probed with questions.
especially after saying your opponent is the easiest fight in the division or his career etc then getting knocked out

Well, what a night.

The part of the world I'm currently in seemingly doesn't show prelims so I missed all those, will watch when home, but the main card lived up to the hype in a big, big way.

Pennington over Tate was a bit of a surprise, but I guess it shouldn't really have been in hindsight. Tate looked awful on the feet, so little movement, and really couldn't implement her grappling at all. I don't mind Pennington and she's definitely growing as a fighter. Interesting to see how she goes against another top contender. Tate was talking about retirement before she got the Holm fight, or maybe it was earlier still, so it was probably the right time now. She's had a great career and done a lot for women's MMA.

The Romero KO of Weidman was pretty crazy, and how's the celebration from him. Couldn't really see any great detail on the pub TV's but looked like he opened him up really bad. The bit of banter between Romero and Bisping has all but assured him of the next title shot you'd think. If Whittaker gets through Brunson, him v Weidman next?

JJ v KK went kinda as expected. JJ is just fantastic to watch. Speed, technique and cardio for days. You really have to finish her to beat her, who is gonna manage a decision against that? Karolina did as well as she could, may have even managed to break her nose, and it was good to see her get on top for a little bit and take a round.

TWood and Wonderboy was fun. I love Maia, but this one definitely needs the rematch. I take it I wasn't the only one who was a little confused when they called it a split decision first up too. That 4th round was just insane. How did Thompson manage to survive that? These WW title fights continue to produce the goods.

Conor just had his way with Eddie. Totally dominant. He's undoubtedly one of the greats of the sport now. Have seen a few suggest the next fight should be Diaz 3, I guess financially that makes the most sense, but I'd love to see him work his way through the best few LWs next. Khabib and Ferguson for starters. And please just give up the 145 belt, so we can get that division moving.

So first NYC card a huge success then. Gonna be weird watching Ross Pearson in the co main next weekend...

i have no problem with conors act/ schtick..its great for the sport. People need to realise they are not competinh in an ancient tournament where you must show respect, it is a corporate business and conor has it all worked out. He Knows how to make money, which is what anyone worth their salt in the game should be trying to achieve

i have no problem with conors act/ schtick..its great for the sport. People need to realise they are not competinh in an ancient tournament where you must show respect, it is a corporate business and conor has it all worked out. He Knows how to make money, which is what anyone worth their salt in the game should be trying to achieve
Wonder what was said in that interaction with Dana after he won the fight ? Looked heated

Wonder what was said in that interaction with Dana after he won the fight ? Looked heated

Dana explained it in the presser. Conor asked where his second belt was and dana replied "its not my job to bring your belt, you bring your belt i give you the new belt"

Conor wasnt impressed and demanded a second belt for photos

lol @ people not knowing everything Conor does is planned/part of an act.

just as gullible as the fighters

I don't think anyone thinks it's not an act.

He's still being a disrespectful jerk to his opponents. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.

He's still being a disrespectful jerk to his opponents. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive.
it works though even more generally pretty calm headed blokes like Aldo

Was funny Eddie talked up wrestling and ground game so much and only managed 3 take down attempts the whole time lol

I like it when there is mutual respect going into a fight, but, at the end of the day, its a sport where the aim in to inflict as much damage as possible to your opponent until the fights over.

Respect is nice but not necessary.

There was nothing respectful about Romeros flying knee.

You obviously hate the diaz bros because of the disrespect.

Alvarez and his coach were both disrespectful to McGregor and his team in the lead up, im sure that rubbed you the wrong way.

Are you going to root for Khabib in a fight against McGregor? because he was disrespectful in his call out after the MJ fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"

Congrats to Connor and his camp on an amazing accomplishment , these guys continue to deliver ,hats off to you fellas . As for my performance , the only thing I can honestly say was I ******* blew it ... I did nothing I trained , I did the complete opposite of what we planned on a daily basis for 10 weeks . To sum up our plan in a sentence it was "Go left and mostly wrestle " instead I circled into his left hand and mostly boxed . Fighting the way I did was a for sure death sentence and the result was fitting . I say it all the time, there is really small margin for error at this level and I paid for my mistakes . I managed to make it to the biggest stage and audience in my long career and ****ed it all up when I arrived , my heart sincerely hurts and when I dwell on it I fill up with regret and anger . If there was a list of what not to do against an Opponent of this nature I did them all on Saturday . I am disappointed in myself and this is not a reflection of my coaches , training Partners , and the endless hours of training I commit to this sport . Every Time I get into the cage I negotiate being vulnerable and possibly embarrassed against the opportunity to do something great and Grow more . I always choose the latter regardless of the uncomfortability and anxiety it brings to me , I think this choice is the only reason I ever succeeded in the first place . I thought in my head at least making a lot of money would make me happy but I am having a lot of trouble enjoying myself regardless of the check thats going to be written , I am very uneasy and discontent for the most part . I am lucky to have my wife and my child at a time like this to help me laugh and smile and let me know everything's gonna be all right , they are my saving Grace , without them I am a shell of a man . Besides the outcome I thoroughly enjoyed fight week and the lead up , it was a lot fun . I have never defined myself off one win and I'll never define myself off one loss ,I simply had a bad night .. I'll have the opportunity again to have a g"

eddie admitting he pretty much got psyched out

Big fan of Eddie after 205, made no excuses, and good on him for sharing his headspace with the world. Thought it was pretty good his insight (while pretty obvious) that he wasn't surprised by Conor's power, but his speed, articulated himself pretty well I thought. Big ask especially straight after a huge loss.

Hope he bounces back and becomes better for it.

Big fan of Eddie after 205, made no excuses, and good on him for sharing his headspace with the world. Thought it was pretty good his insight (while pretty obvious) that he wasn't surprised by Conor's power, but his speed, articulated himself pretty well I thought. Big ask especially straight after a huge loss.

Hope he bounces back and becomes better for it.
I hope too, that he bounces back...
I'm lesser a fan of Eddie's since 205, tho. I liked him plenty b4 205, but yeah, the like has dropped off a bit. Mainly because he gave Conor no chance, yet in the fight he got bullied, by the Irish coont.

I like it when there is mutual respect going into a fight, but, at the end of the day, its a sport where the aim in to inflict as much damage as possible to your opponent until the fights over.

Respect is nice but not necessary.

There was nothing respectful about Romeros flying knee.

You obviously hate the diaz bros because of the disrespect.

Alvarez and his coach were both disrespectful to McGregor and his team in the lead up, im sure that rubbed you the wrong way.

Are you going to root for Khabib in a fight against McGregor? because he was disrespectful in his call out after the MJ fight.
Good call.

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.. let them just admit it. They didnt get on the train when it left the station and now theyre too proud to admit they were wrong so they make up bullshit reasons to dislike him like above.

I don't dislike Connor, I just won't blow smoke up his arse til he actually stages a title defence.

As for his lip, he's got nothing on the American gangster from Flint Michigan.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

I don't dislike Connor, I just won't blow smoke up his arse til he actually stages a title defence.

As for his lip, he's got nothing on the American gangster from Flint Michigan.

why Flint Michigan?

Is this a joke im not getting or are you confusing Chael P. with Jackie Moon? lol.

Good call.

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.. let them just admit it. They didnt get on the train when it left the station and now theyre too proud to admit they were wrong so they make up bullshit reasons to dislike him like above.

What a small minded and idiotic thing to say.

What you're essentially saying is "whoever doesn't agree with me must be a bitter liar who is incapable of independent thought and doesn't have a right to have their opinion valued or respected."

What a small minded and idiotic thing to say.

What you're essentially saying is "whoever doesn't agree with me must be a bitter liar who is incapable of independent thought and doesn't have a right to have their opinion valued or respected."
Every MMA commentator has been marvelling at Conor's performance. If you arent on board you're a hater... fact

why Flint Michigan?

Is this a joke im not getting or are you confusing Chael P. with Jackie Moon? lol.

Lol I could be, my bad. It's Michigan something isn't it? I've been watching Michael Moore a bit lately and he's always dropping Flint Michigan.

EDIT: West Lin, Oregon. Stupid irrelevant Americana.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back