MMA-UFC UFC 205 - New York

Remove this Banner Ad

annoucement of conor and confirmation of tyron make this card incredibly stacked now, few good fights/ers will be pushed down to the prelims
cant wait

This card, although stacked, needed Conor on it to live up the the "MSG" hype.

Now this card is the best we have ever seen on paper.

Glad conor is getting the 155 pound title shot, but i know ill probably be on my own here. Well maybe me and Tyron Woodley.

Alvarez is no joke and will pose plenty of problems for Conor.

Lol all this talk of McGregor facing Alvarez for the 155 title. I guess nobody heard what I did. A very reliable source says that it's not true. Khabib's getting that title shot. ;)
Whats that from? Its been confirmed by the ufc. Both to be at the press conference 2moro. Khabib is pissed.

The UFC did Khabib dirty. They used him as a pawn in this whole thing. How's he going to trust them in the future?

I guess he never should have trusted them in the first place. So in a way it's good that he now knows not to trust them. That's how it should have been all along. MMA Promoters are inherently untrusty individuals and the sooner fighters figure that out, the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This card, although stacked, needed Conor on it to live up the the "MSG" hype.

Now this card is the best we have ever seen on paper.

Glad conor is getting the 155 pound title shot, but i know ill probably be on my own here. Well maybe me and Tyron Woodley.

Alvarez is no joke and will pose plenty of problems for Conor.

This is now bigger than 100.

I have no issue with him getting a shot other than him not being stripped of the 145 belt for fighting 3 times without defending it. I may be wrong but this has never happened in combat sports history, a fighter being very active while not having to defend the belt he holds.

It's now or never for Conor at 155, I don't see him beating Kahabib or RDS. Alvarez looks to be a good match stylistically for him. I would love to see him fight Barboza next should he stay at 155 and not return to 145.

Should he lose I would love Conor to be stripped of the 145 belt - if he's not going back, during the post fight interviews.

This is now bigger than 100.

I have no issue with him getting a shot other than him not being stripped of the 145 belt for fighting 3 times without defending it. I may be wrong but this has never happened in combat sports history, a fighter being very active while not having to defend the belt he holds.

It's now or never for Conor at 155, I don't see him beating Kahabib or RDS. Alvarez looks to be a good match stylistically for him. I would love to see him fight Barboza next should he stay at 155 and not return to 145.

Should he lose I would love Conor to be stripped of the 145 belt - if he's not going back, during the post fight interviews.

Yeh basically feel the same.. him keeping the belt is the only thing that annoys me, but at the same time the word was he would need a little while to get his weight down so he could cut to 145, so he couldnt have fought at featherweight so soon anyway.

RDA is the real tough fight. I can see a way to victory against Khabib and i think he beats Ferguson.

Barboza would be unreal and i think thats the most entertaining fight at lightweight.

Id love to see him fight Aldo again and i think a Holloway rematch would be awesome, but im not sure we will ever get to see them. Maybe a aldo champion vs champion fight will happen, but so much will have to go right over the next year or so.

Interesting thing is that McGregor's never defended a title in MMA. He won the Cage Warriors FW title. Then he went up and won the LW title in his next fight.

To be fair to the guy, he did go to the UFC straight after winning those two titles. He'd have defended one of them next unless he went up to WW to try to win that title. Honestly, that's probably what was most likely if he stuck around in Cage Warriors haha.

What does he do next if he beats Alvarez? He might be crazy enough to fight for the WW title and he'd get that if he wants it.

Interesting thing is that McGregor's never defended a title in MMA. He won the Cage Warriors FW title. Then he went up and won the LW title in his next fight.

To be fair to the guy, he did go to the UFC straight after winning those two titles. He'd have defended one of them next unless he went up to WW to try to win that title. Honestly, that's probably what was most likely if he stuck around in Cage Warriors haha.

What does he do next if he beats Alvarez? He might be crazy enough to fight for the WW title and he'd get that if he wants it.
His a cocky bastard but i dont think his that cocky lol. id guess he will go back down for one fight, win or lose. I hope so, anyway.

Love a Conor fight but the whole "first fighter to hold two belts simultaneously" legacy thing just seems so manufactured and phoney... He really should have been forced to defend against Aldo first but I can understand a shot against Alvarez who, after Bisping, looks like the most beatable champ on the roster, would have been too good to refuse.

Jesus christ this card is stacked.

Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Anyone watching the presser?

Conor killing it as usual. Nice burn on Jeremy Stephens.
Thats was entertaining as *! I thought that was a good from stephens and then he got burnt bad! Haha

How good was the last question? The guy looked like a legit reporter and presented like it. Half way through, just sledged the * outta Alvarez haha

Thats was entertaining as ****! I thought that was a good from stephens and then he got burnt bad! Haha

How good was the last question? The guy looked like a legit reporter and presented like it. Half way through, just sledged the **** outta Alvarez haha
Had to have been a plant. What are the odds that Dana picks him as the last question guy and it turns out like that. Either way it was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back