MMA-UFC UFC 206 - Pettis v Holloway

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
EDIT: Card has taken a huuuuuuuuuuge hit, if the main event wasn't for a fake interim I'd suggest this was on okay fight night card now, expect buy rates to be very, very low.

Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis [a]
Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown
Featherweight Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi
Middleweight Tim Kennedy vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Emil Weber Meek
Light Heavyweight Nikita Krylov vs. Misha Cirkunov
Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Drew Dober
Women's Strawweight Valérie Létourneau vs. Viviane Pereira
Bantamweight Mitch Gagnon vs. Matthew Lopez
Lightweight John Makdessi vs. Lando Vannata
Lightweight Jason Saggo vs. Rustam Khabilov
Flyweight Zach Makovsky vs. Dustin Ortiz

Last edited:
What a fun card. I'll be rooting for Johnson in the main event, if only to revive some interest and open things up in the light heavy division.

Nice to see Superboy get his desired matchup by using the oft neglected technique of asking very politely.

And does anyone think Pettis has a chance? He had a good victory last time up but Max seems like a massive step up in competition.

What a fun card. I'll be rooting for Johnson in the main event, if only to revive some interest and open things up in the light heavy division.

Nice to see Superboy get his desired matchup by using the oft neglected technique of asking very politely.

And does anyone think Pettis has a chance? He had a good victory last time up but Max seems like a massive step up in competition.

It's either the last nail in Showtimes coffin or the potential for a Lazarus like revival

It's either the last nail in Showtimes coffin or the potential for a Lazarus like revival
It's amazing to consider a couple of years ago we could see who could beat him.

Would love to see him fight Conor if he get on a streak, even back at 155.

Oh man, just noticed Vannata was on this card too. Will be great to see if he can bring the endurance to match his flair after almost knocking out Ferguson on short notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And all of a sudden this card is looking a bit s**t again. Probably too soon for Bader to come up to fight rumble after his last fight. I would love to see Gustafson and rumble go at it again but I'm pretty sure he is injured too. Mind you it's all kinda pointless for rumble not to be fighting for the title now

Man, that sucks. AKA again.

What do the UFC do here? Turn this into a fight night card?

With what's left there's some nice fights but it isn't PPV worthy, not for me anyway. UFC would realllly have to pull something to make it worth the $.

Last edited:
Rumours that Pettis and Holloway for the interim FW belt as the new main event and Aldo new champ.
If Aldo becomes the new champ (no longer interim) due to Conor vacating then there wouldn't be a need for an interim champ.

If Aldo becomes the new champ (no longer interim) due to Conor vacating then there wouldn't be a need for an interim champ.

That's what confuses the hell out of me but few decent sites running with it.

The rumour seems to be gaining traction.

If true they are doing it to try to save the card but its pathetic. Conor was supposed to be giving F/Weight up but this smacks of desperation and the interim belt between Holloway and Pettis? Riiiiiiightio then.

No doubt. Still, I'm stoked there's gonna be some life back in the division though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back