UFC 214 Jones vs Cormier II

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to be on mma news that I read it, just can't find it again.
His camp said they were stunned as theres no point taking anything between weigh in and fight day as its just simply not going to do anything.

But being tested between that time period doesn't mean he took it then does it (I'm guessing?)

Either way they will come up with a story pleading innocence etc

It could just be that he was taking it throughout camp but managed to get undetected (either intention or not) in all the tests before the weigh ins?
Well that's what I thought
But getting busted for stuff real late is just stupid
Either way he will cry innocence.
Feel sorry for DC

Just listened to Dave Meltzer talk about this. The drug he used (Turinabol) was a drug used in the 70s by East German athletes, no reputable lab even makes it even more.

Just listened to Dave Meltzer talk about this. The drug he used (Turinabol) was a drug used in the 70s by East German athletes, no reputable lab even makes it even more.

From what I heard its also really easy to detect.

Jon Jones, cant even cheat properly without ******* up

This brings with it a shade of doubt... SURELY he wouldn't be that stupid and he could afford far better gear.

Even then.... He doesn't have a leg to stand on. Dude should have everything that enters his mouth that isn't from whole foods ticked off by his management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't believe it.
I'm giving Jon the benefit of the doubt, until it's 100%. Plus need to hear from Jon himself.
I really just can't accept it atm.

really? when has it ever happened you test pro then the b sample comes back good?

all the signs were there jones wasn't the fighter he once was in his come back. guess he took the chance for one final pay day.

do laugh at people saying this is the end of ufc. book gus v dc an people will move on. end of ufc will be no names holding belts fron non English sneaking country's imo

really? when has it ever happened you test pro then the b sample comes back good?

all the signs were there jones wasn't the fighter he once was in his come back. guess he took the chance for one final pay day.

do laugh at people saying this is the end of ufc. book gus v dc an people will move on. end of ufc will be no names holding belts fron non English sneaking country's imo
Yeah defo dodgy. I just can't believe it atm.
I've watched Jones over the past couple years, and especially in the lead up to the fight. And after all he's said and everything he's been through...yeah I can't efing believe it.

Lol
He been on it since day dot
Wouldve thought his brother wouldve had a few tips from the NFL
Or yeah, he got busted too

They also changed the test for turinabol where it's detectable for weeks I believe
Same stuff Mir tested for, same camp
Cmon
The rumor of him hiding under the training octagon when USADA (edit I believe it was NAC) rolled thru, hid under there for near on 8hrs, this before the whole 'report where u are daily stuff' came about

Like nate said
They're all on roids

Last edited:
The UFC isn't dead but this is horrible timing, think about it for the casual fans (who is what the UFC relies on)

Heavyweight - Most people couldn't pick Stipe out of a line up, JDS has just been popped and Cain cant stay healthy, most others in the division are at best an afterthought at worst no names
LHW - DC goes back to champ and most people think its a joke, JBJ is the better fighter etc. Gus doesn't get the JBJ fight we all want and the talent drops off a cliff from there
Middleweight - Bisping is a paper champ, wont fight the rightful #1 contenders
Welterweight - Tyron is boring and unlikeable
Lightweight - Where is Conor? Khabib injured, Tony? Who cares until Conor is back
Featherweight - As above, Max as champ but he wants Conor (cause everyone does) but theres only one to go around
Bantamweight - Cody has some sell, not a bad division
Flyweight - Literally no one cares about DJ and whoever DJ is gonna beat next

Fethwerweight - Cyborg wasn't as dominant as we expected, will she even fight again
Bantanweight - Nunes pulls out and shes no Holly, Meisha, Ronda anyway...
Flyweight - Joanna is a beast but needs some finishes.

Again, not necessarily my opinions but the UFC is in am average state right at this minute. JBJ could have tied them over until Conor came back or they developed the next superstar but the timeline now is bad and the next PPV wont help that at all (Nunes and DJ headlining)

I keep reading snippets all over the place that the UFC, his camp and everyone else is expecting he will be cleared, I cant see how and its all speculative anyway but I'm wondering how.
Please let those snippets be right. Jon's copping a big pounding atm. I'm keeping faith in the big man, for the time being anyway.

Last edited:
I keep reading snippets all over the place that the UFC, his camp and everyone else is expecting he will be cleared, I cant see how and its all speculative anyway but I'm wondering how.

I could only imagine that they mean he'll be cleared of intentional wrong-doing (ie tainted supplement). That he fought with the steroid in his system seems to be fact, so I doubt he'd be able to be cleared all together.

I could only imagine that they mean he'll be cleared of intentional wrong-doing (ie tainted supplement). That he fought with the steroid in his system seems to be fact, so I doubt he'd be able to be cleared all together.

Well from what I understand he was cleared in all pre fight tests up to weigh in, then post weigh in got popped then tested clean post fight, so the whole thing just seems bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back