Alex Oliveira vs. Yancy Medeiros
David Teymur vs. Drakkar Klose
Felice Herrig vs. Cortney Casey

Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi
Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes
Justin Willis vs. Allen Crowder
Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magaña

Good card top to bottom.

Some really interesting fights this weekend. Yancy vs Oliveria, Torres vs Waterson. Think Overeem and Alvarez get Ko'd early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Overeem and Alvarez get Ko'd early
I'm leaning towards Alvarez.. he is the better, more technical fighter. If it's a slug fest, Justin will probably win but I don't think Eddie's gameplay will be to embrace that. If he gets tagger hard early, that will probably go out the window.

I'd also pick Overeem if his chin wasn't a big problem. He provides big issues for Ngannou technically. There is also a big discrepency in fight IQ and experience. Unfortunately for him, Francis probably only needs to land once.

Awesome card.

I'll watch the whole card as always, but these are the fights I'm mostly interested in:

Preliminary Card

Charles Oliveira vs. Paul Felder
*Felder is a guy I want to see rise the tanks. He has talent for days he just hasn't seemed to be able to consistently put it all together often enough. Felder at his best wins this. Oliveira is no world beater, if Felder wants a serious run into the top 15 he needs these wins. Felder - TKO.

*I like Yancy, seems like a good dude and I hope he's successful. Brazilian Cowboy is no joke though! He's on a semi-decent run and I think he'll be the much bigger guy, Yancy is one of the softer WW. Oliveira - UD.

*This fight won't get talked about and it won't get looked at, in fact most people don't give a * which is a shame. This is an awesome fight and a big fight in the discussion of the next generation at LW. Klose looked great against a great striker in Diakese, and Teymur looked damn good against the insane Vannata. This is probably the most unsure I am about any fight on the card. Teymur is the better striker, but Klose mixes his game up really well and excels in most areas. Klose - UD.

Main Card

Max Holloway (c) vs. José Aldo

*Holloway once again whethers the early round or two pretty easily. Aldo will come in heavy on kicks, until he tastes two or three straight right counters (One of Holloway's go to's.) Holloway - Late TKO/SUB.

Alistair Overeem vs. Francis Ngannou
*My heart says Ngannou, my head says Overeem. Since his Jackson/Eco approach, Overeem tends to fight more with his head thus trying to keep his chin nicely tucked away for the majority of the fight. Can he keep out of trouble for 15 minutes though? He couldn't vs. Werdum, and I'd be willing to bet Ngannou cracks a bit harder than Werdum. Though I will go with my heart on this one. Francis finds that chin with a left hook. Ngannou - KO.

Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
*Some may butt heads with me on this one. Cejudo wipes the floor with Pettis, anywhere the fight is. Standing, wrestling, transitions. Cejudo dominates. No finish because I think little Pettis might be as tough as big Pettis. Cejudo - Clear UD.

Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje

*We know he can take a punch to give one, we know he likes a war, we know he has cardio for days, we know he can crack a chin. Which fighter you ask? The beauty of this fight, is that it applies to both fighters. I believe Eddie is in for a tough night. Gaethje eats punches like food, and genuinely thrives on being the victor in a war of pure attrition. If Eddie decides to try a wrestling game, I'm not convinced his offensive wrestling could overcome Geathje's brilliant Chuck Liddell level defensive sprawling. Gaethje - Late TKO.

Last edited:
keen to see how sergio goes. after his last fight i thought yup his takedown d is top notch but boy oh boy will it get tested here.

felder v charles what odds are they offering for fight of the night? hope felder wins so we don't get to hear him on commentary again haha

I'll watch the whole card as always, but these are the fights I'm mostly interested in:

Preliminary Card

Charles Oliveira vs. Paul Felder
*Felder is a guy I want to see rise the tanks. He has talent for days he just hasn't seemed to be able to consistently put it all together often enough. Felder at his best wins this. Oliveira is no world beater, if Felder wants a serious run into the top 15 he needs these wins. Felder - TKO.

*I like Yancy, seems like a good dude and I hope he's successful. Brazilian Cowboy is no joke though! He's on a semi-decent run and I think he'll be the much bigger guy, Yancy is one of the softer WW. Oliveira - UD.

*This fight won't get talked about and it won't get looked at, in fact most people don't give a **** which is a shame. This is an awesome fight and a big fight in the discussion of the next generation at LW. Klose looked great against a great striker in Diakese, and Teymur looked damn good against the insane Vannata. This is probably the most unsure I am about any fight on the card. Teymur is the better striker, but Klose mixes his game up really well and excels in most areas. Klose - UD.

Main Card

Max Holloway (c) vs. José Aldo

*Holloway once again whethers the early round or two pretty easily. Aldo will come in heavy on kicks, until he tastes two or three straight right counters (One of Holloway's go to's.) Holloway - Late TKO/SUB.

Alistair Overeem vs. Francis Ngannou
*My heart says Ngannou, my head says Overeem. Since his Jackson/Eco approach, Overeem tends to fight more with his head thus trying to keep his chin nicely tucked away for the majority of the fight. Can he keep out of trouble for 15 minutes though? He couldn't vs. Werdum, and I'd be willing to bet Ngannou cracks a bit harder than Werdum. Though I will go with my heart on this one. Francis finds that chin with a left hook. Ngannou - KO.

Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
*Some may butt heads with me on this one. Cejudo wipes the floor with Pettis, anywhere the fight is. Standing, wrestling, transitions. Cejudo dominates. No finish because I think little Pettis might be as tough as big Pettis. Cejudo - Clear UD.

Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje

*We know he can take a punch to give one, we know he likes a war, we know he has cardio for days, we know he can crack a chin. Which fighter you ask? The beauty of this fight, is that it applies to both fighters. I believe Eddie is in for a tough night. Gaethje eats punches like food, and genuinely thrives on being the victor in a war of pure attrition. If Eddie decides to try a wrestling game, I'm not convinced his offensive wrestling could overcome Geathje's brilliant Chuck Liddell level defensive sprawling. Gaethje - Late TKO.

I dont get all this love for Gaethje tbh.

Only 1 win in the UfC and Michael Johnson rocked him a few times in that fight too.

Alvarez to beat him in a decision

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back