MMA-UFC UFC 219: Cyborg vs Holm

Remove this Banner Ad

Some really interesting if not huge name fights on here

Khabib v Barboza - Classic striker v grappler
Condit v Magny - Condits fights are almost always classics, the man is a true warrior
Hooker v Diakese - Dan Hooker is likely my fave fighter at the moment, love how he goes about it

Obviously the Holm v Cyborg fight is a belter, I really think Holm at her sharpest can beat Cyborg just based on her footwork and cardio, obviously Cyborg is the favourite and rightfully so but I feel like Holly might get the upset, at the right odds ill plonk some cash on her.

Dan Hooker is looking good at lightweight

25348314_1526811310748396_8936113094188567218_n.jpg

Would have been better if Khabib's weight was 180. :D

The full card as it hasn't been posted yet:

Main Card

Cris Cyborg vs Holly Holm
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Edson Barboza
Jimmie Rivera vs John Lineker
Cynthia Calvillo vs Carla Esparza
Carlos Condit vs Neil Magny

Prelims on Fox

Khalil Rountree vs Michal Oleksiejczuk
Dan Hooker vs Marc Diakiese
Myles Jury vs Rick Glenn
Louis Smolka vs Matheus Nicolau

Fight Pass Prelims

Martin Vettori vs Omari Akhmedov

Love the main card. I expect Holly to have some very good moments in the main event. She's quick enough both on her feet and with her hands to make Cyborg miss and to make her pay. I wouldn't be shocked if she took a decision, but expect she'll eventually get cornered and taken down by Cris. From there, I can only see her getting mauled on the ground.

Khabib and Barboza is a great stylistic match up and should produce the man next in line either after Tony gets his shot or once Conor is stripped and Tony needs a fight for the belt. I can't bet against Khabib as his grappling is so dominant, but like Holm Edson has very quick feet and could prove to be a difficult man to take down. His best bet IMO is to use his leg kicks early to limit Khabib's movement. I can't remember Khabib ever being a guy to really catch kicks or blast double legs from a long way out.... most of his takedowns come either from the clinch after wading through striking range or from his opponent over-committing to a strike and getting too close. If Barboza can use feints to freeze him and take out his lead leg it should be an easy fight for him.

I've been high on Rivera since his showing on TUF where he lost in the elimination round to season runner up Dennis Bermudez and think he beats Lineker pretty comfortably. He's a super well rounded fighter and I can really only see a Lineker bomb shutting his lights out being the only way he can lose.

Calvillo and Esparza is a very interesting fight. Both girls like to fight on the ground, but with Calvillo being good at subs and Esparza being better at wrestling, I think this will turn in to a kickboxing match. Neither girl is a world beater on the feet, but I'd lean slightly towards Cynthia if it does stay there for the majority of the fight.

Great to have Condit back in the cage! Magny's no push over as a comeback opponent after such a long time out and if he's a bit rusty I could easily see Neil out working him to a decision. I'm hoping he's been training seriously for this comeback and if he has, he should be able to catch Neil on the feet and finish the fight convincingly.

Hooker and Diakiese really stands out on the undercard and should be a great fight. Diakiese was overwhelmed a bit by the wrestling of Klose in his last fight, but I don't think he'll have to worry about that in this fight. Both guys are very good strikers, so this should be fun.

Listening to Chael Sonnen and he raises a good question..Is this main event the most evenly matched womens fight in MMA history...I think it is

Listening to Chael Sonnen and he raises a good question..Is this main event the most evenly matched womens fight in MMA history...I think it is
I have a real hard time saying any cyborg fight is the most evenly matched. Especially when Holm is coming up a weight class. (I could easily be wrong)

Highest quality women's fight.. there is a decent argument for that I reckon.

Looking trim!! Surely he can't miss weight from here.

I think Barboza is a great priced underdog at $3.20. Seems fairly long for maybe the best, at least top 5 striker in the UFC.

Barboza has struggled with pressure fighters that push him backwards, but usually they have had striking that can worry him.

Think I'll be having a flutter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got on board a couple weeks back. Fingers crossed.

Watch out for that head kick.

and holm by KO paying $9...

i put 100 on TJ in November to win by KO and that netted me a 1k, i have a good feeling about this one as well

rountree fight is a sneaky one imo fight of the night is my pick or knock out.

holly will get ko within a minute. crybot an the world can pick she will be aiming for a kick. the bot will get her with a right arm over the top..

abit muh about buying the fights. last second decision ha

To a casual fan this isn't the greatest card but to the proper UFC fans, this card has fight after fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back