MMA-UFC UFC 225 - Whittaker v Romero

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Romero doesn't deserve it. Twice missed weight and that's a major part of title fights.

Lucky to have had the second fight after missing weight the first time.

Yeah, I can see the 5th being a 10-8... would have made it a draw on my scores
think a draw was the right result not being biased rob won 3 rounds but romero 10-8 in the last

With the new, more liberal use of the 10-8 round, you can easily argue that 5th round was 10-8. 3rd is a little closer, but 10-8 there is easily possible too.

If I was going to be happy about anyone being harshly judged it's Romero after missing weight two fights in a row.

I thought the 5th should have been a 10-8 but it's not a robbery.

I’d have to watch it back just through scoring eyes cause I lost all objectivity in the third (which was a stand up and watch through your hands round) but on gut I thought it was 3-2 to Rob, fifth was probably a 10-8 but exactly what you said, it was tight and couldn’t be called a robbery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throughout the build up I said I just couldn’t see rob getting through another 5 rounds without Yoel landing a fight ending shot. Well Yoel probably landed 3 but somehow Rob stayed in it.

Bigger story than the decision which was a shame.

He was animal, gets rocked badly, gets injured again and regardless of the result, leaves the cage standing.

Win lose or draw thats one of the most gutsy performances in any sport IMO.

Robbed is silly. Certainly an argument for Romero or a draw but that isn’t a robbery

Their logic isn't unfounded. Plenty had it 3-2 Romero plus 10-8 fifth... 48-46.

Wouldn't mind betting opinion on here would be a smidge different if the bias was on the other fighter.

Their logic isn't unfounded. Plenty had it 3-2 Romero plus 10-8 fifth... 48-46.

Wouldn't mind betting opinion on here would be a smidge different if the bias was on the other fighter.

Nah I had money on Romero my bias isn’t either way. 48-47 either way or a draw would have been appropriate. I’m not saying they are wrong but calling it a robbery is silly.

Nah I had money on Romero my bias isn’t either way. 48-47 either way or a draw would have been appropriate. I’m not saying they are wrong but calling it a robbery is silly.

You literally said you didn't even score the final 3 rounds so not sure what to say to you...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back