MMA-UFC UFC 225 - Whittaker v Romero

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Dana had Gastelum as back-up but Gastelum couldn't do it..

You literally said you didn't even score the final 3 rounds so not sure what to say to you...

I have no issue awarding Yoel the Sherdog Internet Sympathy Championship - no weight limit required. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A whole lot of people did. I didn't personally.

He clearly won 3 and 5, and the argument could be made for round 4

You’re getting mighty defensive. General consensus from what I’m seeing is 1, 2, 4 Rob and 3, 5 Romero (with 5 being a 10-8) so general consensus is a draw. Some people pretty comfortable with it being a rob win, a lot saying it should have been a draw and some saying it should have been Romero hence people saying it wasn’t a robbery but rather a very close decision. Don’t think too many people would have argued with any of those results but will argue it wasn’t a robbery.

You’re getting mighty defensive. General consensus from what I’m seeing is 1, 2, 4 Rob and 3, 5 Romero (with 5 being a 10-8) so general consensus is a draw. Some people pretty comfortable with it being a rob win, a lot saying it should have been a draw and some saying it should have been Romero hence people saying it wasn’t a robbery but rather a very close decision. Don’t think too many people would have argued with any of those results but will argue it wasn’t a robbery.

I'm not getting defensive, I had it 47-47... Rob 1 2 and 4, Romero 10-8 round 5.

Simply pointing out how some people could conceivably see it as a robbery.

I'm not getting defensive, I had it 47-47... Rob 1 2 and 4, Romero 10-8 round 5.

Simply pointing out how some people could conceivably see it as a robbery.

Absolute best case for Romero would be a draw. There wasn't any blantant misinterpretation of the match. So when a fight is close and the fight gets judged as such, im not sure any argument can be made that he was robbed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back