MMA-UFC UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Max would give Khabib a thrashing, he’s so good at staying off the ground and he would destroy Khabib standing.
the problem is nobody can keep standing v Khabib

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Holloway Ferguson would be a blood bath

He’d obviously give Khabib, Tony and Conor a run up to their eyeballs.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do you watch Khabib’s fights?
Sure do. Max didn’t end up on his back from a single take down just then, Khabib can’t do his leg wrap thing unless Max hits the mat. I want to see it.

I’m a huge Khabib fan, I just think it’d be super interesting to see that fight.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
So impressed by both guys in the main event. That's what a fight should be, both guys were respectful in the lead up and both guys gave their all in the cage. Holloway is just so damned good though! I was surprised by all the talk of people being worried for his health in the build up to the card. With the number of tests these guys have to go through and the amount of money it could potentially cost an organisation if they negligently clear damaged fighters means Max was always going to be OK. I was as surprised as anyone that he started the underdog and made a nice little profit off his performance.

And how fun was the Santos/Manuwa fight? That's up there with Silva/Stann and Frye/Takayama as my favourite high level brawls.

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do you watch Khabib’s fights?
Sure do. Max didn’t end up on his back from a single take down just then, Khabib can’t do his leg wrap thing unless Max hits the mat. I want to see it.

I’m a huge Khabib fan, I just think it’d be super interesting to see that fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
St Kilda
Moderator #112
Worth remembering Khabib is a big 55er too. So he’s gonna have a big big size advantage. Ortega had opportunities to clinch in that fight too. Maxes movement is amazing and I’m not sure anyone has a chin like Ortega but I suspect Khabib gets a hold of Max at some point

Papa Juggs

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Great fight. Ortega was bashed and didn't go down. He can really take a beating. Had no defense in that last round.

He really needed to stick a take down and just couldn't get it done. All credit to Max for being too quick to get pinned.

Seeing how he bounces back from this should be good. I hope his eye is ok.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
**** Ortega is tough to cop that beating and never go down or stop fighting back.

But how scary good does Holloway look? The time out of the cage has made him look even more deadlier. His hands were lightning quick

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
No broken eye socket, thankfully.
Yeah, that's good news. It's not uncommon for an eye to swell like that after damage to the nose. Sucks about his thumb being broken though!

**** Ortega is tough to sop that beating and never go down or stop fighting back.

But how scary good does Holloway look? The time out of the cage has made him look even more deadlier. His hands were lightning quick
He is a frightening man. The pace he puts on guys is just soul destroying. You could see moments in the fourth round where Ortega wanted to separate and take a breath, but every time he did Max stepped in to punching range and just kept hitting him. I honestly don't see anyone at 145 who can hold a candle to him, so hope to see him up at 155 early next year. Fresh fights with Khabib, Ferguson, Lee, Barboza and co are intriguing as are rematches with McGregor and Poirier.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
Some cool fights to be had for Max at 155. He looked phenomenal at 145 but there's just nothing much left for him at that weight.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Some cool fights to be had for Max at 155. He looked phenomenal at 145 but there's just nothing much left for him at that weight.
Holloway and Askrin both joing the 155 division makes it very interesting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Moderator #124
Man Ortega can take a punch! Or 500.

lol at Rogan saying that Max is the greatest FW ever. What happened to Aldo? 9 Defenses if you count WEC. Gets caught up in the moment does old Joe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom