MMA-UFC UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Wonder if JJs cardio could be an advantage going into the championship rounds. Especially with an easier weight cut.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valentina is going to be the champ there for a long time. May as well have another crack at Nunes and try be a double champ
Very close fight in the first one with Nunes. I say why not.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Like Barry said earlier in the thread Ortega has been in trouble in quite a few of his fights only to pull off a late KO or Sub. If Holloway is fit I think he doesn't leave as many holes to exploit as the likes of Guida etc. in the stand up. On the fround he's obviously on another level...

Ortega's rate of improvement fight to fight is exponential so it may be redundant looking too far back for a formline on him.

Pumped!

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
My only worry on the feet with Max is being lulled into a brawl like he did against Lamas.

Great and intriguing fight, wondering if Max is mindful of Ortega pulling something crazy out of nowhere when he smelled blood. Loved he was still walking down Max.

Max on the other hand amazing to watch, timing and head movement was elite.

Hope these guys fight again.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Apparently Max's BJJ coach and Rener Gracie have trained together heaps. Seems like it has paid off with Max keeping out of trouble on the ground.

Back