MMA-UFC UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
this is the worst i've ever seen...View attachment 594053

That was the worst cut, but hardly seemed to bleed. The Stevenson cut was spurting blood everywhere like a fountain. Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray on TUF 4 was another shocker. Ray landed an elbow from bottom and Dewees pretty much bled on him for 2 and a bit rounds.

Askren is joining 170

Says he could make 165 if they make the division but not 55
i didnt think he wanted that division as he wont fight his great mate Woodley

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
He’s still fighting in it, but your right he won’t fight Woodley.

Which is kinda dumb why join a division if you can’t become champion.

Expecting him to join a division he either can't make weight for or is too small for is asking a bit much. If his ideal fighting weight is 170, what do you expect him to do? Koscheck and Fitch used to have the same problem at 170 when GSP was champ. Neither of them ended up winning the belt, but both were able to co-exist.

As good as he is, Woodley likely wont be around too much longer at the elite level. Askren is a couple of years younger and likely has less miles on the clock so could be the heir apparent at 170.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Expecting him to join a division he either can't make weight for or is too small for is asking a bit much. If his ideal fighting weight is 170, what do you expect him to do? Koscheck and Fitch used to have the same problem at 170 when GSP was champ. Neither of them ended up winning the belt, but both were able to co-exist.

As good as he is, Woodley likely wont be around too much longer at the elite level. Askren is a couple of years younger and likely has less miles on the clock so could be the heir apparent at 170.

What makes you suggest Wodley wont be around much longer?

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Im not asking him to go to 155, he can't do it.

Ideally he would just fight Woodley.

Maybe he overtakes Tyron eventually, I think Woodley beats everyone in the division.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
What makes you suggest Wodley wont be around much longer?

I said too much longer at the elite level. I'm not expecting him to retire or lose his next fight badly by any means, more looking at it as he's soon to be 37, has had a bad run with injuries of late and his athleticism will surely start to leave him at some stage soon. He's also a smart, well spoken guy who would have plenty of options outside of fighting.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Im not asking him to go to 155, he can't do it.

Ideally he would just fight Woodley.

Maybe he overtakes Tyron eventually, I think Woodley beats everyone in the division.

Ideally he would, but they've both said it won't happen. I just don't see why it's dumb for him to sign with the biggest MMA promotion in the world just because he won't fight the current champ. If Woodley loses the belt, you can bet your bottom dollar Askren would be calling out whoever beats him.

Back