MMA-UFC UFC 232

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Cyborg fight was awesome! Unreal! Great to see, but I will say this. The same thing was evident when the guys fought after Mendes and Volk, so much swinging with their hands down. I get they're MMA fighters and not boxers, and I know they train with world class boxers { Or at least good boxers/and or Boxing coaches } every fight is different and you can get caught up in the moment. But to use a term Rogan said, why would you throw and exchange so recklessly? World Class athletes and fighters, but not showing it in that moment and it can cost you like it did Cyborg. Could go the other way also, and that's the point I'm also making. Then it becomes a coin flip, and even less if you have less power than your opponent.

Not everyone is a Igor Vovchanchyn { who would swing recklessly and wildly and it worked for him } And now I guess an Amanda Nunes

resized_adf3c963-f109-4e6d-a523-a26f4db82532.png

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Cant understand Alexanders game plan the first fight he fought like a lion going toe to toe with jones and nearly beat him its like he did the exact
Opposite in this fight very tenative to engage very
Defensive im dissapointed could of been a different fight if he put some pressure on the druggie.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Zingano having a sook on twitter and people saying it should be ruled a NC.....FMD.

The only defense of any of this is that Zingano has had the weirdest career in recent memory, blew her knee and missed a chunk, got done by roused fighting dumb... in any event if she gets her hands up this ain’t an issue, alternately if Megan throws that kick in instead of up it’s also not an issue and cat probably has 3 months no contacts.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cant understand Alexanders game plan the first fight he fought like a lion going toe to toe with jones and nearly beat him its like he did the exact
Opposite in this fight very tenative to engage very
Defensive im dissapointed could of been a different fight if he put some pressure on the druggie.
Alex was hurt very early in the fight and unable to do what he wanted. On top of that Jones fought very well.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cant understand Alexanders game plan the first fight he fought like a lion going toe to toe with jones
Alex was hurt very early in the fight and unable to do what he wanted. On top of that Jones fought very well.

he also looked terribly out of shape.

given he lost the fourth and fifth in the first fight perhaps he had planned to fight more conservatively.

he didn't press the boxing at all which was disappointing.

jones is a cheat, and while talented, is actually a surprisingly boring fighter to watch. this whole week has been cringeworthy.

props to nunes who is a beast, and to volkanovski who showed some real heart in an entertaining fight.

dc should not fight jones at 205, in fact i don't think DC needs to fight again at 205.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would love to see Jones go up to Cormiers natural weight.

I also think Volkanovski should be aiming for Ortega now

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would love to see Jones go up to Cormiers natural weight.

If I were DC I'd only fight JJ at HW. It would be crazy to put himself through a 50lb weight cut at 40yo. JJ's done everything at 205lb he should move up to HW if he wants to fight DC again, but not before he proves himself at HW in an eliminator against Miocic first.

Back