MMA-UFC UFC 234 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

So i got my tickets yesterday (big props to my main man Ryz ) go on this morning out of curiosity, expecting to see the whole thing sold out, tickets available everywhere, yesterday all floor allocations were exhausted, and two of the tiers were single or limited, this morning only the most expensive tickets are gone and nowhere else is even limited.

I know they cap the pre sale (which ive never agreed with) but the tickets released yesterday must have been about 5% of the capacity.
I found Perth the opposite presale almost took most of the arena, all the affordable tix anyways

Here’s what is on tap for UFC 234 at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, keeping in mind we should see 4-5 fights announced soon:

Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva
Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez
Jim Crute vs. Ryan Spann
Kai-Kara France vs. Raulian Paiva
Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem
Shane Young vs. Austin Arnett
Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang

I hope we get a couple more ranked fights!

Pretty frustrating seeing the card for ufc 235. Think we got played, once the card sold out so quick.
Think Tuivasa and Pedro's losses in Adelaide threw the spanner in the works a bit

No other viable Aussie or Kiwi contenders to fill the main card.

I know the travel over isn't appealing but you'd think there'd be some US-based fighters putting their hand up to get onto a PPV card

Actually looks like they’ve announced Crute as the featured prelim so they have 3 main card fights to announce. I’d assume we’ve got a women’s fight.

Interesting.
Cutting it fine. Surely they'd have to announce no less than a month out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Tuivasa and Pedro's losses in Adelaide threw the spanner in the works a bit

No other viable Aussie or Kiwi contenders to fill the main card.

I know the travel over isn't appealing but you'd think there'd be some US-based fighters putting their hand up to get onto a PPV card
Provided he wants to fight......I'd still put Tuivasa on Melbourne card.

There are clearly plenty of good fighters willing to fight (as seen by the 235 card) they’re just not interested in the travel.

The costs to get over here for the camps and then the taxes make it a less the ideal for fighters. then fighting in the early arvo

Certainly a bit concerning with only 4 weeks to go.

Hopefully they've got some more fights booked already, they're just looking for clear space to announce them.

I'd be happy with one more ranked men's fight + fight featuring a popular or notorious journeyman (e.g. Hector Lombard, Diego Sanchez, Artem Lobov, BJ Penn etc.)

Pretty much every ppv in the last 12 months has had 12-13 fights. 5 on the main card.

So at a minimum they need to add four fights. Apparently only two fights already announced are on the main card which means three more main card fights to be added.

Surely they have something decent cooked up...

Classic aussie card s**t show. Will be filled with aussie cans and called a day.

Yeah, understandable for a fight night, but for a PPV this is shizen so close to the PPV, zero chance of getting anyone decent. UFC have our money and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, understandable for a fight night, but for a PPV this is shizen so close to the PPV, zero chance of getting anyone decent. UFC have our money and are laughing all the way to the bank.
Sounds about right.
Tiny card atm with only 2 fights that really interest me. Those 2 fights are awesome, but the rest of the card is laughable right now.

But it’s not like once they have sold the tickets they can forget about it.

PPV is still very important I would have thought more than gate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back