HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What's your goal here? I gave an opinion on a scorecard an you wont **** off
I though it was 29-28 but didn't think the last round was much chop anyway
End of.
Find someone else to argue with I'm going to bed.
There’s no need to get emotional here mate. Everybody is wrong at least once in their life. Nobody’s perfect.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There’s no need to get emotional here mate. Everybody is wrong at least once in their life. Nobody’s perfect.

Well one of the judges agreed with me an so did some posters here.
Not that big of a stretch to give the 2nd to Spider.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I worry that if it could have been ‘fatal’ to take a blow to the midsection today, Whittaker won’t be troubled by his mid section in the future.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Obviously a lack of name value to the card, I can't imagine it did many buys, especially after the title fight was gone. I hope Rob gets well soon. Sounds brutal what happened. There was some solid fights in there, and the Adesanya vs. Silva fight was fairly solid to watch. Could have easily watched two more rounds of that. It is crazy how much of an underdog Silva was going into the fight. He doesn't have it all, but he still has something. Legend. A lot thought Adesanya would just go in and spark him. I'm not that sold on him completely.

I enjoyed the Yahya-Simon fight. Simon fought well and smart. Did not want any of the ground game, even off his own takedowns. Savage on the feet. Solid fight to watch.

My guess is that there will be an interim title (zzz) fight next for between Adesanya vs. Gastelum. The change in tune from sympathy to 'I'm the champ' of Kelvin in the space of like 4 hours is rather comical. Seems nervous he may just outright get passed up for Adesanya. ;)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Wonder if Dana White will proudly declare the PPV buys at his presser like he usually does. campaigner deserves to get roasted by the local media for charging $65 for a fight night quality card. Also wonder what the crowd figure ended up at.
Foxtel always charges an arm and a leg for PPV. They'd charge that regardless.

Agreed on the s**t card. ******* atrocious.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Dana just said in the presser that the PPV numbers “weren’t bad”. Make of that what you will.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I did. Paid a bomb for my tickets to be close to the cage. If there was a decent undercard, i would of gone. But other than adesanya v silva, no other fights interested me.

For those that did go - what does the arena look like in terms of capacity? 75% full? Less?
It was 90% full I reckon. Maybe more

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anderson hopefully retires now or one last fight in Brazil. His record is starting to hurt his statues as a legend In mma imo.. lost 6 of the last 7

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Anderson hopefully retires now or one last fight in Brazil. His record is starting to hurt his statues as a legend In mma imo.. lost 6 of the last 7
People will always think of him like Prime Tyson, Prime Ali, Prime B.J Penn for example. These guys don't know when to quit though, and it's understandable. It's all they have, know, and a means of making money. But * I also see your side of it and agree with it. Don't tarnish a great vehicle. Let it remain in good condition and be remembered for being a beast.

These campaigners always tarnish a work of art.

The main event made up for what was largely a sombre day. That fight reminded me of my Tekken days on the playstation.

As for Rob.....I think fairest thing to do is allow him to keep the belt provided he recovers and can commit to a fight by June.

Israel fights the winner.

Last edited:
Good presser. Dana was cool and showed plenty of sympathy for Rob.
obviously knew how bad an injury it was.

Instead of knocking Rob, he used it to have a go at other fighters who pull out.

At the end of the day, everyone was disappointed with Robs withdrawal. But the proper fans and Dana know he will fight the hardest campaigners at the drop off a hat! unlike many others

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seriously underwhelming card. Average fights top to bottom. That was one rude haircut on Ricky Simon too. Hopefully 235 restores some faith in the company.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
People will always think of him like Prime Tyson, Prime Ali, Prime B.J Penn for example. These guys don't know when to quit though, and it's understandable. It's all they have, know, and a means of making money. But **** I also see your side of it and agree with it. Don't tarnish a great vehicle. Let it remain in good condition and be remembered for being a beast.

These campaigners always tarnish a work of art.

Didn’t see the fight Mac but saw highlights and Izzy out struck him and won. I hope that’s his last fight .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Didn’t see the fight Mac but saw highlights and Izzy out struck him and won. I hope that’s his last fight .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looks like they’ll give him another fight, and people want to see it.

I have absolutely no interest in him fighting in the UFC. He’s done, he’s lost timing, speed and power. It’s largely just a dance when he’s in there.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

I have absolutely no interest in him fighting in the UFC. He’s done, he’s lost timing, speed and power. It’s largely just a dance when he’s in there.

Yeah his pre fights interviews . Kinda like a going out fight . He didn’t convince me yet he didn’t get knocked out .

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Sounds like Gastelum is just gonna miss his chance, I think in an out 4-5 months Adesanya faces Whittaker in Sydney for the title.
Gastelum probably has to face Romero or someone else to get the number one contender spot again because I can't see them having Adesanya wait 9 months to fight Whittaker.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Still looked sharp reading Adesanyas moves but had nothing in attack that would concern anyone in the division. Was making me nervous when he dropped his hands and let Adesanya fire.
Was nostalgic as * watching a legend back in the ring but he should have a farewell in Brazil if he wants it an then move on

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds like Gastelum is just gonna miss his chance, I think in an out 4-5 months Adesanya faces Whittaker in Sydney for the title.
Gastelum probably has to face Romero or someone else to get the number one contender spot again because I can't see them having Adesanya wait 9 months to fight Whittaker.
You do realise the first half of this year has already been planned out? They can’t just create a PPV and put it in Sydney in the next 4-5 months.

Back