MMA-UFC UFC 235

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked out to me because of his arm drop but clearly not

This, surely no ref can be blamed for calling that. What a fight regardless, I was thinking this was a version of Cro Cop v Gonzaga with Askren getting slammed like that. Dude is tough as hell and no joke clearly, regardless of any perceived controversy he's going to be a problem for other WWs.

Sick fight

How did the campaigner with stand that? Was always on the cards once he got up, an improbable victory.

Lawlor's arm went limp. How was the ref to know, I thought he was out. In any case, he wasn't getting out of that. His arm was limp and not reacting. I reckon one or two more seconds, he would have been out cold.

Lawler's a gentlemen anyway. Handled it well.

Yeah when all 3 commentators think hes out, its not hard for the ref to think the same. I dont see how Lawler was getting out of that anyway, Askren would have just squeezed harder

Also what the * was up with what Cody did earlier? Entertaining but geez the bloke needs to think about it a bit more, what happened to the smart fighting he showed against Cruz? I think TJ had him rattled in both their fights but he fought the same way today? Calm down and control that distance and no one should get near him in that division imo.

Sucks, probably tad unfair but when referees made mistakes, always better when they err on the side of caution.

Lawler has some kms on the clock, rather those guys don't get.

Who knows, crazy enough fight might see it run back if Askren isn't going to fight his mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if he gets out of this with a finish will be close to the best win of his career, body shots in the 1st and 2nd against a guy with great cardio and ground game is a huge hurdle from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back