MMA-UFC UFC 235

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* s**t co-main event. The ref should have separated them there was far too much holding on with little working, or effective work rate. s**t house. I'd rather watch a quarter and a half of the JLT Games.

Smith quit. He submitted. Mentally and physically. The knee when he was on the ground brought him some time and he managed to re-group, not that he offered much when he came out in the 5th. Credit to him though for at least attacking somewhat after that, because he checked out in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Jones just too good.

s**t co-main events and I'm disappointed. Wasted a good 90-120 mins of chilling time. Lucky I've saw quite a few goals from the 1st qtr in the Tigers-Demons game.

Waste of ******* $55. But the time lost on s**t is what pisses me off more.

Cool rant bro

Also what the **** was up with what Cody did earlier? Entertaining but geez the bloke needs to think about it a bit more, what happened to the smart fighting he showed against Cruz? I think TJ had him rattled in both their fights but he fought the same way today? Calm down and control that distance and no one should get near him in that division imo.
Hot head lost his head.

Needs to re-group and do some soul searching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed Smith was a *en bum. Looked like a novice. I can understand a novice fighter going into his shell. Even pro's. But at this level with a championship on the line, fmd.

Was like West Coast Eagles vs Vic School Boys.

52956241_2394275360604170_6733818269775429632_n.jpg

Haha

Good to have another look at that Askren Lawler fight in good quality, fascinating stuff.

He wasn’t out, but Ben had him where he wanted him with another two minutes on the clock, he’s squeeze is infamous, he doesn’t stop that.

Dana seems insistent on a rematch, understandable but I’d rather not.

Quite ironic to have Rogan critiquing the stoppage when he was literally yelling ‘He’s out! He’s out!’ cageside, which can have an impact of refs. You can’t really blame Herb.

You can’t really blame Herb.

I thought Robbie went out too, so I can't be too critical of Herb's decision. I definitely think he could have handled that better though. Him asking Robbie if he was OK while both his ears were covered was strange and when he grabbed Robbie's arm only to see it pulled away from his grip that should have been enough to suggest he was OK. Hopefully they can re-book this fight so we can get a definitive answer on who the better man is. Hats off to both guys though. Lawler looked great after a long time out and handled the stoppage with incredible class, while Askren showed amazing toughness to ride out that horrific start and managed to turn the tide.

I never bought Smith as being a legit challenger to Jones, but felt like he would make a fight of it and leave it all in the cage. To see him backed against the cage with Jones' palm on his forehead doing nothing or being curled in a ball showing no will to get up was very surprising. I feel like Jon could have ended the fight multiple times in those last three rounds with a bit of effort, but never really went for it.

I had a feeling going in that Usman could beat Woodley, but didn't expect such a one-sided fight. Usman had looked completely untroubled in the UFC prior to last night, but I thought Woodley's wrestling and counter punching would cause him problems. Instead, he's still never really been troubled. Woodley's performance was a lot like his one against Rory from a few years back which I thought he'd outgrown. He froze up badly and seemed content to just back up to the cage and let Usman do whatever he liked. Normally I would be supportive of a long term champ getting a re-match, but that performance doesn't warrant it I don't think.

Garbrandt and Munoz was a super fun fight. Cody looked good up until getting buzzed by that headbutt, but when he started throwing hell for leather I said to a mate of mine he was going to walk in to something and he did. I guess he's the only one who knows whether it's an ego thing or not, but if it isn't he really needs to work on keeping his emotions in check.

Zabit did a great job against Stephen's. Jeremy's a great litmus test for guys wanting to crack the top 5/10 at featherweight and he passed the test without too many hairy moments. With the title potentially being vacated with Max's move up to 155, I think Ortega, Aldo, Volk and Zabit in a four man tournament for the gold is a cracking idea.

Walker just keeps on impressing. I haven't been this impressed with an MMA prospect since Jon Jones and a meeting between the two could be in the cards in the near future. Walker still hasn't shown any grappling in the octagon yet, so I'd like to see him against a guy like Cory Anderson next who really pushes the pace and can test his wrestling.

watchinG cody now lucky I switched channels

ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Robbie went out too, so I can't be too critical of Herb's decision. I definitely think he could have handled that better though. Him asking Robbie if he was OK while both his ears were covered was strange and when he grabbed Robbie's arm only to see it pulled away from his grip that should have been enough to suggest he was OK. Hopefully they can re-book this fight so we can get a definitive answer on who the better man is. Hats off to both guys though. Lawler looked great after a long time out and handled the stoppage with incredible class, while Askren showed amazing toughness to ride out that horrific start and managed to turn the tide.

I never bought Smith as being a legit challenger to Jones, but felt like he would make a fight of it and leave it all in the cage. To see him backed against the cage with Jones' palm on his forehead doing nothing or being curled in a ball showing no will to get up was very surprising. I feel like Jon could have ended the fight multiple times in those last three rounds with a bit of effort, but never really went for it.

I had a feeling going in that Usman could beat Woodley, but didn't expect such a one-sided fight. Usman had looked completely untroubled in the UFC prior to last night, but I thought Woodley's wrestling and counter punching would cause him problems. Instead, he's still never really been troubled. Woodley's performance was a lot like his one against Rory from a few years back which I thought he'd outgrown. He froze up badly and seemed content to just back up to the cage and let Usman do whatever he liked. Normally I would be supportive of a long term champ getting a re-match, but that performance doesn't warrant it I don't think.

Garbrandt and Munoz was a super fun fight. Cody looked good up until getting buzzed by that headbutt, but when he started throwing hell for leather I said to a mate of mine he was going to walk in to something and he did. I guess he's the only one who knows whether it's an ego thing or not, but if it isn't he really needs to work on keeping his emotions in check.

Zabit did a great job against Stephen's. Jeremy's a great litmus test for guys wanting to crack the top 5/10 at featherweight and he passed the test without too many hairy moments. With the title potentially being vacated with Max's move up to 155, I think Ortega, Aldo, Volk and Zabit in a four man tournament for the gold is a cracking idea.

Walker just keeps on impressing. I haven't been this impressed with an MMA prospect since Jon Jones and a meeting between the two could be in the cards in the near future. Walker still hasn't shown any grappling in the octagon yet, so I'd like to see him against a guy like Cory Anderson next who really pushes the pace and can test his wrestling.
Agree with Jones. Could have finished him off if he wanted to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back