MMA-UFC UFC 235

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Jones leg kicking are warfare, he varies them up so much.
Indeed. Goes low, mid range, high and spinning back kick. Even his low kicks are good. He'll use the thigh kick, but also straight on to the knee, shin to get their attention as well as offset them.

A lot of tricks in his arsenal. Good elbows too.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Indeed. Goes low, mid range, high and spinning back kick. Even his low kicks are good. He'll use the thigh kick, but also straight on to the knee, shin to get their attention as well as offset them.

I remember his elbows against Rashad, he was so good at clinching then letting go and landing an elbow, clinch and elbow, rinse and repeat. He just has so many more skills now, he really is becoming a complete fighter.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Never seen anyone use his kicks to keep distance so well. That downward thigh kick would hurt so much an keeps you on the back foot then he rips a spinning back kick to the body.

Jones is so methodical, he looks like you are playing on a PlayStation such is the control he has in the octagon.

Even the way he keeps his hand flat an reaches for distance an steps in with the elbow.. so quick.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
During/after that Jones fight I was just thinking about DC/Francis/Stipe.

Guys who can actually give this guy a run.

He’s going to run through those 205 contenders so easily.

During/after that Jones fight I was just thinking about DC/Francis/Stipe.

Guys who can actually give this guy a run.

He’s going to run through those 205 contenders so easily.
i dont know if i want to see Jones v Cormier 3.
I mean ffs Jones has beat him both times, the last time brutaly.

And what happens if DC wins? he retires saying 'I told you I could beat Jones' even though he lost to him twice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

And what happens if DC wins? he retires saying 'I told you I could beat Jones' even though he lost to him twice

Only wanna see that fight if it's at heavyweight

DC's natural weight has always been heavyweight, he can turn around and say he hardly fought at heavyweight for his UFC career. If Jones doesn't want to fight DC at heavyweight question mark goes on him a bit. (FWIW Jones probably still gets it done at HW but just)

As for Jones, he uses his elbows so well, due to his reach he can almost throw them like a regular punch. Amazing to watch.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Yea I doubt he can beat him anyway, that reach difference and Jones wrestling makes it so hard.

He does seem very keen on it still though, just from a personal competitor point of view. DC that is.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I cbf seeing Jones-Cormier a third time. FFS he's lost twice already, a third fight is just boring and not needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If people dont want to see Jones fight Cormier again then who else is going to actually challenge him?

Santos is going to get his ass kicked and he has cleaned out the rest of the division.

Said it before the fight and I'm still convinced that Johnnie Walker will be fighting for the title within 2 years. Problem is he's wiped the rest of the decision so easily so far I haven't seen him be tested.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Said it before the fight and I'm still convinced that Johnnie Walker will be fighting for the title within 2 years. Problem is he's wiped the rest of the decision so easily so far I haven't seen him be tested.
I think he is capable of fighting for a title but my concern is they will throw him to the wolves too soon since there is no one else instead of giving him the experience needed to beat Jones.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think he is capable of fighting for a title but my concern is they will throw him to the wolves too soon since there is no one else instead of giving him the experience needed to beat Jones.

Give him someone in top 5 range and if he smokes them he might get his shot. Maybe the loser of Till an Masvidal. Could be one step to quick so maybe a former top 5er like Latifi

Edit yeah yeah I've inserted him into the 170 division I'm a dumb campaigner

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Give him someone in top 5 range and if he smokes them he might get his shot. Maybe the loser of Till an Masvidal. Could be one step to quick so maybe a former top 5er like Latifi

Not sure fighting a welterweight will prove much about Walker's claims at the 205 belt. 😉

I suggested Cory Anderson earlier who is a good pressure wrestler and hanging around the top 5. My only concern with that fight is he's shown to be a bit chinny, so if Walker was to land earlier I think it would be another short night for him.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not sure fighting a welterweight will prove much about Walker's claims at the 205 belt. 😉

I suggested Cory Anderson earlier who is a good pressure wrestler and hanging around the top 5. My only concern with that fight is he's shown to be a bit chinny, so if Walker was to land earlier I think it would be another short night for him.

Jesus.. been watching so much UFC stuff I mixed that up badly lol. That's who i think Askren should fight next

Walker needs someone who can get him to the canvas an test or who can atleast walk him backwards. He's incredibly exciting though. Gonna be a superstar of the UFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back