MMA-UFC UFC 236

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RU_

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Aug 6, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Poirer is such a company man, always provides entertaining fights and has reborn himself at this weight. Hope he grabs that belt.

Gastelum always has to deal with poor reach regardless of who he’s fighting. Pretty confident he will get it done.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kelvin is a ripper, very humble top guy.

You feel Dustin will struggle to get another title shot if he loses though.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Be interesting to see if Adesanya copies the Jon Jones technique and down kicks the thighs of Gastelum. He could get away with alot of them while keeping his head back out of range and really take away his front leg power.

Roo182

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How does everyone feel about the while interim thing? It feels a little bit hollow(ay) to me. But seriously - i normally wouldn't buy a PPV that is for stoogaps, but I was too intrigued to see Holloway at lightweight, plus Adesanya has something to prove and Gastelum is a beast.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How does everyone feel about the while interim thing? It feels a little bit hollow(ay) to me. But seriously - i normally wouldn't buy a PPV that is for stoogaps, but I was too intrigued to see Holloway at lightweight, plus Adesanya has something to prove and Gastelum is a beast.
They are just fancy number 1 contender fights but you can probably market them a bit more when there is a 'belt' on the line.

Khabib and Whittaker are still the champs

Roo182

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are just fancy number 1 contender fights but you can probably market them a bit more when there is a 'belt' on the line.

Khabib and Whittaker are still the champs
Yeah, and nothing wrong with the #1 contenders, these are premium fights obviously. But I just can't get around giving them a belt.

But if Holloway gets it, that gives Khabib someone else to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah, and nothing wrong with the #1 contenders, these are premium fights obviously. But I just can't get around giving them a belt.

But if Holloway gets it, that gives Khabib someone else to worry about.
Nah they are still ******* sick fights anyway can't wait.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Plus if Holloway wins, he might have to Vacate his 145 because he surely then fights Khabib at 155. If he does vacate that could mean that Volkonavski fights for the belt against Aldo at 237

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Plus if Holloway wins, he might have to Vacate his 145 because he surely then fights Khabib at 155. If he does vacate that could mean that Volkonavski fights for the belt against Aldo at 237
Holloway was saying that the UFC wanted him to move up to 155 as there is no standout contender in the 145 division atm. I reckon if Volkanovski beats Aldo he is a good chance of getting a crack at Holloway. Otherwise I reckon it is Zabit if he wins his next fight (not sure who he is scheduled to fight next though)

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Holloway was saying that the UFC wanted him to move up to 155 as there is no standout contender in the 145 division atm. I reckon if Volkanovski beats Aldo he is a good chance of getting a crack at Holloway. Otherwise I reckon it is Zabit if he wins his next fight (not sure who he is scheduled to fight next though)
Yeah but the point is if Holloway wins he's gonna keep fighting at 155, unless he plans to win at 155 and then drop straight back down again but if he wins against Porier, then he can't fight Khabib until his suspension is done so like October... Would mean no fight with Volk till next year. Can't leave the division with no fights that long.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Look at Rountree go! Fighting very Thai style right now and it's working wonders

Surely has to be two 10-8 rounds

Last edited:

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
I'm surprised more fighters haven't adopted this thai style of striking with respect to stance and timing

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Those thai leg kicks! Sets up his boxing when Anders is so worried about that lead leg.

Impressive!

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Anders is tough as fu**. He took a ******* beating and a half then. I'd hate to see what it would take to KO him.

Hate

scumbagg
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Fighting Furies
What a performance by Rountree. Put it on Anders with those 11 (?) brutal leg kicks to open the fight up then it was just smooth sailing for him on the feet. Looked world class out there. Props to Anders, he got dropped multiple times and still kept going.

Adzam

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Good win for rountree. I think the Muay Thai camp was the perfect approach against Anders style. It will be interesting to see if he uses it in his next fight and how effective it will be.

Anders is one tough son of a bitch but I kind of get the feeling from listening to him in interviews he would rather be playing in the NFL. Obviously has the power and toughness to put a lot of guys out but that’s only going to carry you so far in the ufc

Top Bottom