MMA-UFC UFC 236

1554196844501.png

Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya
Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
Alan Jouban vs. Dwight GrantLight
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov

Two interim belts on the line.

Unless something changes over the next week and a half I reckon Holloway & Kelvin win

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
yeah ill pop down to my local for this, bit pissed they got Holloway on an intrim there is enough 155 ers to go around. middleweight #1 contender fight should be good. are we at the point were we should just piss off all belts maybe they should just give a medal for all Main events lol

yeah ill pop down to my local for this, bit pissed they got Holloway on an intrim there is enough 155 ers to go around. middleweight #1 contender fight should be good. are we at the point were we should just piss off all belts maybe they should just give a medal for all Main events lol
In order to get Holloway to move up they had to offer him a title bout.

Otherwise he would be losing dollars if he moved up and didn't have a title belt. Plus when you have won 13 in a row and put on some truly dominating performances in the weight class below you deserve a shot at the title straight up.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Many of the experts seem to think Adensanya will win convincingly. As well as the bookies. He will have a massive reach advantage.

Many of the experts seem to think Adensanya will win convincingly. As well as the bookies. He will have a massive reach advantage.
everyone has a reach advantage of Kelvin at this weight class

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Kelvin is going to try and get Israel moving backwards from the word go IMO. That 2nd rd of the Anderson fight showed Israel looked a bit exposed when Anderson backed him up and put pressure on him against the fence. Kelvin's hand speed will have Israel in trouble IMO. Kelvin may also eat some shots but he's got a granite chin.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
In order to get Holloway to move up they had to offer him a title bout.

Otherwise he would be losing dollars if he moved up and didn't have a title belt. Plus when you have won 13 in a row and put on some truly dominating performances in the weight class below you deserve a shot at the title straight up.
its not a title shot just one of the ones you buy from the Merch stand.

they seem to give them away every other event.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland

Really? Max is arguably one of the top 3 fighters in the world right now and is also one of the most entertaining to watch. Who else that is available at 155 should get the shot over him? Ferg has his issues right now, McGregor's busy pretending to retire and getting in slanging matches on twitter, Lee's moving up, Al and Cerrone are already booked, Barboza and Gaethje just fought.

Interested to see a lot of guys predicting Kelvin to beat Israel. He's got a punchers chance for sure, but I see this as a bad match up for him. Kelvin will have a lot of ground to cover to get close enough to land his bombs and I think Israel picks him apart for a decision win. Thinking it will look a lot like the Brunson/Adesanya fight just with Kelvin not getting finished or as out of control as what Derek did.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Really? Max is arguably one of the top 3 fighters in the world right now and is also one of the most entertaining to watch. Who else that is available at 155 should get the shot over him? Ferg has his issues right now, McGregor's busy pretending to retire and getting in slanging matches on twitter, Lee's moving up, Al and Cerrone are already booked, Barboza and Gaethje just fought.

Interested to see a lot of guys predicting Kelvin to beat Israel. He's got a punchers chance for sure, but I see this as a bad match up for him. Kelvin will have a lot of ground to cover to get close enough to land his bombs and I think Israel picks him apart for a decision win. Thinking it will look a lot like the Brunson/Adesanya fight just with Kelvin not getting finished or as out of control as what Derek did.
yeah max is think im just done with all the intrims

Very intrigued as to what Holloway can do at Lightweight. Recent examples of high calibre fighters moving up weight and doing well bodes well for him.

I love watching Adesanya's fights but I think Gastelum knocks him out.
I hope Gastelum knocks him out.

There is alot of Darren Till about Adesanya

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very intrigued as to what Holloway can do at Lightweight. Recent examples of high calibre fighters moving up weight and doing well bodes well for him.

I love watching Adesanya's fights but I think Gastelum knocks him out.

I agree on both counts. Gastelum is a tough fight for anyone, i feel he may just frustrate the hell out of Israel and win by late TKO.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I love Max as much as the next person, but I've got to say that I'd love for Poirier to have that one amazing moment and hold a belt up.
I would love that too but also regalards of who wins i feel we will have three guys running around thinking they are champs. maybe Dana should employ a wwe method and have an intercontinental title, a US title.

Parker400

Senior List
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Might seem harsh but I don't rate gastelum.that old saying you can only beat who is in front of you is true and he has beaten up the nursing home of old warriors ades is to nimble imo..

The card is so dull outside of max v dustin..

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Might seem harsh but I don't rate gastelum.that old saying you can only beat who is in front of you is true and he has beaten up the nursing home of old warriors ades is to nimble imo..

The card is so dull outside of max v dustin..
If Gastelum hasnt beaten anyone then Adesanya certainly hasnt beaten anyone.

Back