MMA-UFC UFC 236

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
3+5 question marks for me. Round 1 could be a 10-8 to Poirier.

Feels like Dustin won that based purely on damage and it feels like he landed more too...

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Max won 3+4 for sure. ******* crazy
I would lean towards Max winning 3 but it felt like mid way through that rd was the turning point. A rd of two halves.

Have to go back and rewatch it though..

Had it 47-48 with damage and work on cage at the end of the 5th getting him over the line. Not sure where the 49 came from.

Real happy for Dustin, would have been happy for either guy though. Both all total class.

Dana: "we were originally going to do Izzy vs Whittaker in US now it's definitely in Australia"

And stadium, not arena...surely means only Etihad?

I would have given max the last 3 but Poirier had to win the first round 10-8

Which means i had it 47-47 but my gut tells me Poirier won.
I thought thought Holloway or Poirier might have got the win in a split decision.

But that scorecard from all judges was bullshit

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
And stadium, not arena...surely means only Etihad?
could be optus Stadium. start of the art though id dare say they would rather the saftey of the closed roof. I just didnt think they would go that way considering they had rousey last time and struggled to sell. plus stadium not the best for ufc

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
certainly a great two title fights, but shocked me but remember when everyone laughed at barrao when he won the bantomweight intrim and was hugging it and all that. Well now we got belts flying around all over the the place we dont know who holds what lol. then you can win it and and they just dont unify them. its getting crazy I would love to see some order.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watched it. What the * those last two fights were crazy, Sick fights, great emotion too.

Adesanya over hyped? haha yeah what do you say now.

Poirier spoke like a legend. Holloway too much to handle that weight and should go back down. As good as Poirier fought I think Khabib would maul him though.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would they really do a card here in September? Surely early October makes a little more sense with how packed September is with sport.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the Whittaker Adesanya fight has to be Marvel if its stadium.

Logistics are too much with an outdoor arena, I know you can cover and stuff but still.

Guess its kinda tough cause they were just in Melbourne but still.

I just assumed it would be Sydney's turn for this but I guess we'll see.

And what a great pair of title fights, Israel showed his ability to overcome adversity, good tough hit out for him. I still think Rob will show his class when they finally meet, gonna be huge.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Also I think yesterday showed that Max's striking defence isn't great. I guess he's been able to get away with it against less powerful opponents and his superior workrate helps him overcome anything, he does tend to stay in range and doesn't move the head a lot. Hard to be critical of a bloke with the balls to move up in weight though, showed a lot of courage in doing so.

Would they really do a card here in September? Surely early October makes a little more sense with how packed September is with sport.
After the first week of finals there are no footy games on a Sunday in Melbourne so it should be fine

Also I think yesterday showed that Max's striking defence isn't great. I guess he's been able to get away with it against less powerful opponents and his superior workrate helps him overcome anything, he does tend to stay in range and doesn't move the head a lot. Hard to be critical of a bloke with the balls to move up in weight though, showed a lot of courage in doing so.
The problem is at 145 nobody can keep up with his volume and counter.

I don't think he necessarily has to move down as he was far from outclassed. That fight really should have been 3-2 rounds at worst

Back