MMA-UFC UFC 237

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the Volk fight, the main reason why I got the card. Knew it was a risk purchasing it and watching so late. As soon as it appeared on Main event I saw him and it was apparent he won. The fight had already finished and he was just breathing, the camera not on him cos he lost. Good on him anyway, I'll watch it later.

Loved the other two fights after it though. Silva just got caught hard in the right place. It happens. His legs have been softened before anyway with Weidemen. Main event was a ripper, I thought the champ looked great and was flogging her. Her hands were low at times but she destroyed her with the jab. Felt for her with that audacious slam as after seeing her in the build up she's a nice person. Glad she beat that other mole twice over before. Good on the Brazilian girl too, that raw emotion at the end was beautiful. You could see how much it meant to her.

Good stuff.

You sound like a much more forgiving person than I am haha.

Other than the Volk win and the thought s**t yeah possibly two Aussies holding UFC straps by end of year, I came away from that card with a bad taste in my mouth I’m afraid.

Seeing Andrade being cut apart with precise and technical striking and movement from moments into the fight, but then seeing her maintain the raw power to pick up Rose like a rag doll on at least three occasions, the final time ending up with her being slammed onto her neck which was sickening on replay....i know it won’t happen, but if Andrade pops I hope she is banned for life.

Namajunas could of ended up a quad out there.

So why is everyone assuming she was juiced? Is it her appearance or the fact she could do what she did? And how many get caught for juicing in Brazil anyway?

Come on dude

Off

EE5FC4E8-033A-4944-A9D9-C1FBB9F91B1E.jpeg

On

F8A81423-242A-4DF6-8023-65D40186620D.jpeg

4D804CAF-AF3F-4D6B-A659-C5D67771F096.jpeg

Even after hitting weights, women aren’t naturally built like Cyborg and Andrade. They just arent.

Ok, ok, she hasn’t popped yet. But come on. She is shoving it in all of our faces.

If the world can get behind Mark Hunt’s rage at having his health put at risk by being thrown in to face roided up beasts, I don’t get the silence around the same being done to Rose.

Who just got power slammed onto her neck by this women.

And how many get caught juicing in Brazil? Dude, it’s Brazil. How many do you think?

Last edited:
Come on dude

Off

View attachment 672525

On

View attachment 672527

View attachment 672528

Even after hitting weights, women aren’t naturally built like Cyborg and Andrade. They just arent.

Ok, ok, she hasn’t popped yet. But come on. She is shoving it in all of our faces.

If the world can get behind Mark Hunt’s rage at having his health put at risk by being thrown in to face roided up beasts, I don’t get the silence around the same being done to Rose.

Who just got power slammed onto her neck by this women.

And how many get caught juicing in Brazil? Dude, it’s Brazil. How many do you think?

I'm not saying you're wrong, and looking at those photos it sure looks like she's been up to no good. Plus being able to slam Rose like that would seem to think she had some superhuman strength. But yeah I've read this theory all over the internet, and I hadn't really done the comparison photo thing either.

But yeah, maybe a silly question but has anyone got done for drugs from a Brazil UFC event? I don't recall either way.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're wrong, and looking at those photos it sure looks like she's been up to no good. Plus being able to slam Rose like that would seem to think she had some superhuman strength. But yeah I've read this theory all over the internet, and I hadn't really done the comparison photo thing either.

But yeah, maybe a silly question but has anyone got done for drugs from a Brazil UFC event? I don't recall either way.

The event they pop at is largely irrelevant as they aren’t juicing at that point, but it’s common knowledge that out of competition testing in Brazil is a joke. Hence the number of there fighters that pop.

I don't think there is enough recognition of how good the Volks performance was. He won all 3 rounds against a walk up hall of famer who had only lost to 2 people in his professional career which is 10-15 years old.

He dominated aswell, Aldo looked completely lost an unable to figure out any form of attack outside the odd counter.

Surprised Aldo didn't attempt a take down an test out his ground game as Volk had too much pace for him on the feet. He fakes so much it's impossible to read what he's doing.

I don't think there is enough recognition of how good the Volks performance was. He won all 3 rounds against a walk up hall of famer who had only lost to 2 people in his professional career which is 10-15 years old.

He dominated aswell, Aldo looked completely lost an unable to figure out any form of attack outside the odd counter.

Surprised Aldo didn't attempt a take down an test out his ground game as Volk had too much pace for him on the feet. He fakes so much it's impossible to read what he's doing.

Yeah he does seem to use feints very well, his work rate is very high, hard to deal with as a 40 something fighter i'd imagine. I wonder how this stacks up against Holloway who is known for his workmate, I wonder if Volk has the power to put him in his place like what Poirier did?

Either way I think everyone agrees Volk is next in line for a shot, that is unless Conor moves back to FW as I heard a rumour he might and *s it all up.

Yeah he does seem to use feints very well, his work rate is very high, hard to deal with as a 40 something fighter i'd imagine. I wonder how this stacks up against Holloway who is known for his workmate, I wonder if Volk has the power to put him in his place like what Poirier did?

Either way I think everyone agrees Volk is next in line for a shot, that is unless Conor moves back to FW as I heard a rumour he might and ****s it all up.

Yeah Holloway is next level in this division, he's the most similar fighter to Volk going round so it should be a crazy entertaining match. Don't think he has that power bevause Poirier was a big 155er. Looked closer to 170 and Holloway looked like he easily made 155.

If Conor was to move down that would prove he knows he can't beat Khabib

Yeah Holloway is next level in this division, he's the most similar fighter to Volk going round so it should be a crazy entertaining match. Don't think he has that power bevause Poirier was a big 155er. Looked closer to 170 and Holloway looked like he easily made 155.

If Conor was to move down that would prove he knows he can't beat Khabib

Yeah I can’t see Conor dropping too 145 again.

Ever. Trying to bait Max to move up to 155 is my only read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the Rose lift slam ko . I thought it was so dangerous!? I mean you can’t 12 6 from the floor so how can you indiscriminately slam someone down not knowing neck position etc. just my opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn’t agree more.

Could of left Rose breathing through a machine for the rest of her life.

Roided up Brazilian beast.

a bit of bummer Rose really struggles with it all, cause dam she looked amazing they re run that 10 times rose walks away 9/10, think she has get even better than the JJ fights

She is only 26 or something isn’t she?

She had that fight until the moment Cyborgs kid sister power slammed into the mat.

No reason not to continue, if she wants it.

She is only 26 or something isn’t she?

She had that fight until the moment Cyborgs kid sister power slammed into the mat.

No reason not to continue, if she wants it.
more to do with her Mental state than anything, Rose struggles with all the media and promoting. when it comes down to the actual fight it when she seems the most calm at peace with her self.

Thnx stinger appreciate it . I did see the post press con. With you echoes. Whenever anyone gets lifted in my few years of following this beautiful brutal sport I always think of this .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon it should be an illegal move personally.

But if someone is going for a submission I can see hey it is allowed

I reckon it should be an illegal move personally.

But if someone is going for a submission I can see hey it is allowed
I dont normally agree with extreme rule changes but id tend to agree sub attempt or not that could of turned out alot worse if not fatal, would near on kill the sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back