MMA-UFC UFC 237

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont normally agree with extreme rule changes but id tend to agree sub attempt or not that could of turned out alot worse if not fatal, would near on kill the sport

Agreed.

I’m shocked there isn’t more discussion over this issue coming out of 237 to be honest.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Jon Jones fought Smith 66 days after Gustafsson so proved you wrong already
didnt Prove anything I said max wouldnt fight after 2 months off. Jones had just had a massive ban he was fighting smith. Personally Max has already shown signs of brain damage it would take a heap of dollars to make it happen. just dont see it happening

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
didnt Prove anything I said max wouldnt fight after 2 months off. Jones had just had a massive ban he was fighting smith. Personally Max has already shown signs of brain damage it would take a heap of dollars to make it happen. just dont see it happening
Did you miss my original post? If max finishes him early there's a chance it happens. If it's a 5 round war then no.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Im saying even if max clips him early it wont happen. these days 3 months is really good turn around at best, now dont go quoting some bs short notice fights it does happen but when your at the top you dont need to. if it was cowboy i wouldnt bat an eye but max I seriously doubt it

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Im saying even if max clips him early it wont happen. these days 3 months is really good turn around at best, now dont go quoting some bs short notice fights it does happen but when your at the top you dont need to. if it was cowboy i wouldnt bat an eye but max I seriously doubt it

You seriously doubt it, so it's possible.
Funnier things have happened.

Don't qoute short notice fights, because that proves people take short notice fights

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
max ave distance between fights has be around 6 months jun/ dec typically but if you go all the way back to 2015 he had a feb to april turn around but wasnt even on the championship picture thats taking fights to put food on the table. https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Max-Holloway-38671

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
You seriously doubt it, so it's possible.
Funnier things have happened.

Don't qoute short notice fights, because that proves people take short notice fights
omg its possible of course its actually possible he can take 6 fights a year but will it happen.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not unless he takes a step back or Connor magically drops and comes out of retirement
When you're finally no.1 contender you don't want a step back and risk it. The ufc will probably offer him that though, knowing that he'd love to fight in Aus. But you'd imagine he'd just kick back and wait for rhe title fight, where ever and whenever that is.

It's 10 weeks between 240 and 243... We'll see what happens.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
When you're finally no.1 contender you don't want a step back and risk it. The ufc will probably offer him that though, knowing that he'd love to fight in Aus. But you'd imagine he'd just kick back and wait for rhe title fight, where ever and whenever that is.

It's 10 weeks between 240 and 243... We'll see what happens.

No but Volk isn't anywhere near a big enough name to turn down fights at this point. Probably tongue in cheek but both Aldo and Holloway said they didn't know who he was recently so that's not a great sign for getting them to say yes.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
No but Volk isn't anywhere near a big enough name to turn down fights at this point. Probably tongue in cheek but both Aldo and Holloway said they didn't know who he was recently so that's not a great sign for getting them to say yes.

Aldo probably still doesn’t know who he is. Couldn’t get a single read looking at him for fifteen minutes.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Aldo probably still doesn’t know who he is. Couldn’t get a single read looking at him for fifteen minutes.

Volk didn't get enough credit for that fight, an absoloute hands down legend looked completely lost against his movement. Its like Volk doesn't even know what he's gonna do next. He is so pro active as a fighter he gives you no time to settle.

So Volk probably won't be on the Aus card?

Max vs Edgar and Ortega vs Zabit are both on ufc 240.
Ridiculous that he is the number 1 contender but has no one to fight atm.

He is going to be looking at a long time before he will get a title shot with Max v Edgar booked.

Although he does have blood poisoning so that put him out for a while

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Ridiculous that he is the number 1 contender but has no one to fight atm.

He is going to be looking at a long time before he will get a title shot with Max v Edgar booked.

Although he does have blood poisoning so that put him out for a while
id say he takes another fight before he get a crack might be a mickey mouse intrim belt but thats how I see it. may even fight Sydney after all

id say he takes another fight before he get a crack might be a mickey mouse intrim belt but thats how I see it. may even fight Sydney after all
Against who though?

Ortega is fighting Zabit. He just beat Aldo who just beat Moicano. Stephens is coming off back to back loses. Edgar is fighting Max.

There is absolutely no fight that makes sense for him in the short to medium term

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Against who though?

Ortega is fighting Zabit. He just beat Aldo who just beat Moicano. Stephens is coming off back to back loses. Edgar is fighting Max.

There is absolutely no fight that makes sense for him in the short to medium term

Unless they do something crazy like run back the Aldo fight but that was such a domination it wouldn't make sense

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Absolute disgrace to see UFC making Max V number 5 contender Frankie, instead of Max V number 1 contender Volk.

Doesn’t even make business sense....Volk V Max on card with Rob V Israel will sell its absolute bollocks off.

I guess Frankie is just one of the UFCs and Dana’s good ol’ boys. Sad.

Absolute disgrace to see UFC making Max V number 5 contender Frankie, instead of Max V number 1 contender Volk.

Doesn’t even make business sense....Volk V Max on card with Rob V Israel will sell its absolute bollocks off.

I guess Frankie is just one of the UFCs and Dana’s good ol’ boys. Sad.
more like they needed a headliner for 240.

They already have a headliner for the Oz card

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Against who though?

since when did the UFC ever do anything that makes sense, as for Volk I dont think he is on crazy money and more than likley will fight who they say he has to fight or just sits on the fence being the short notice guys waiting for an injury or pull out.

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
since when did the UFC ever do anything that makes sense, as for Volk I dont think he is on crazy money and more than likley will fight who they say he has to fight or just sits on the fence being the short notice guys waiting for an injury or pull out.

He is the number 1 contender.

* being the ‘short notice in case anyone pulls out guy’.

Back