MMA-UFC UFC 239

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
That I can agree on.

Anyone else's picture cut out at the start of that fight? Pic went out for about 8 seconds and Askren was unconscious. 😡
Yep! And I *en could still tell even though you couldn't see or hardly hear it, that there was a K.O

******* campaigners!

That's ******* insane lol

No way Askren was expecting that

But that's what you get for shooting for a takedown like that as soon as the fight starts
Yeah, it was a really dumb way to start. Completely predictable and telegraphed.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wonder if Masvidal will let him run it back then seeing as he was so dirty on Askren for not doing it to Lawler

* that's annoying I wanted to watch that

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow

D-15VTAUwAEqtaE.gif

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
See anyone with kickboxing skills would have front kicked him when he saw him sprinting at him

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Yeah, it was a really dumb way to start. Completely predictable and telegraphed.

He didn't have much choice and that's the risk you run when you're so one dimensional.

So happy for Masvidal! He's been a great fighter for such a long time and to get a win like that against an undefeated guy that most people thought would win the belt is amazing.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He didn't have much choice and that's the risk you run when you're so one dimensional.

So happy for Masvidal! He's been a great fighter for such a long time and to get a win like that against an undefeated guy that most people thought would win the belt is amazing.

Thing about Askren is if not for a different ref he could have been smashed inside 60s in both his fights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Askren thought he was going to box and wanted to level change IMO.
You could tell straight away he was going for a flying knee. The problem was Ben was so fixated on the takedown he didn't bother reading that Masvidal sprinting toward him telegraphed a flying knee so he dropped his head, looked away and just went for the takedown. Had Ben shown a little more patience - literally 1 second, he likely gets the TD and Masvidal's knee would have looked stupid.

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow, that was an absolutely brutal finish.
Masvidal tried to do the exact same thing against Till in the opening seconds of their fight. I'm surprised Askren didn't see it coming.
Pretty tough to see him go down like that. Hope he comes back OK.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Thing about Askren is if not for a different ref he could have been smashed inside 60s in both his fights

Yep, I thought he went out for a split second against Lawler and a stoppage could have easily been justified. Wonder what Dana does with him now.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You could tell straight away he was going for a flying knee. The problem was Ben was so fixated on the takedown he didn't bother reading that Masvidal sprinting toward him telegraphed a flying knee so he dropped his head, looked away and just went for the takedown. Had Ben shown a little more patience - literally 1 second, he likely gets the TD and Masvidal's knee would have looked stupid.
He could have leaned back and kicked him straight in the chest it was so easy to read

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
You could tell straight away he was going for a flying knee. The problem was Ben was so fixated on the takedown he didn't bother reading that Masvidal sprinting toward him telegraphed a flying knee so he dropped his head, looked away and just went for the takedown. Had Ben shown a little
Agree except assuming Ben gets the TD immediately after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back