MMA-UFC UFC 241

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Where to now for Romero? Get a couple of wins back at MW or move up? Despite his age too much in the tank to retire yet.

Hard to say. Apart from him slipping around in round one, he looked pretty much the same as he always had so I agree he's got plenty left in the tank. 205 is a wasteland other than Jones, so he may fancy his chances there. Still, if Adesanya wins the belt it likely only takes him one win to get back in to contention at 185.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Where to now for Romero? Get a couple of wins back at MW or move up? Despite his age too much in the tank to retire yet.
He was adament in an interview that LHW is too big for him. Plus he doesn't want to fight Jones either who he regards a close friend apparently. He still matches up so well at MW and a threat to everyone.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
He was adament in an interview that LHW is too big for him. Plus he doesn't want to fight Jones either who he regards a close friend apparently. He still matches up so well at MW and a threat to everyone.

That's hardly surprising.... Costa looked massive next to him tonight!

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Diaz did a great job. I thought his boxing looked a bit sloppy at times, but when he was in clinch range he owned Pettis. His takedowns looked better tonight too which is a nice wrinkle to add to his game.

Am looking forward to hearing how bad Pettis' ankle is. The swelling looked pretty nasty and it certainly looked unstable at times. I along with most was expecting kicks (leg kicks in particular) to be a big part of his game and he was limited from early in the fight.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Stipe needs to keep DC at the end of his punches. Not in the clinch.

Back