MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

burge13

Team Captain
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Along with Rob's history, they must be waiting on existing fights to play out to see how much the card is stacked before determining whether it's a stadium show or arena show.

I reckon if the card is so/so they'll just have it in Vegas. Even though Aussies still turned out for Israel/Silva, don't think UFC would want to deal with BS from another stuffed card in Aus.

Wonder how much of a factor Holloway/Edgar is in terms of the card.

Any other potential title fights that can occur in October?
Mas/Usman if Usman is ready by then? They'll use that as a headliner elsewhere though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
They won't do Sydney on a count of the NRL GF or whatever is going on there. Melb or Vegas.

A doubt it's a case of what fighters are available dictating venues either, that's not really how they roll.

Venue first then begin to put the card together. Aus cards, like other non-US cards are generally pretty thin and this won't be any exception you'd think.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Along with Rob's history, they must be waiting on existing fights to play out to see how much the card is stacked before determining whether it's a stadium show or arena show.

I reckon if the card is so/so they'll just have it in Vegas. Even though Aussies still turned out for Israel/Silva, don't think UFC would want to deal with BS from another stuffed card in Aus.

Wonder how much of a factor Holloway/Edgar is in terms of the card.

Any other potential title fights that can occur in October?
Good theory, I hadn't thought of that.

Shevchenko, Nunes & Andrade are the only ones I could think of.

Ryz

Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
They won't do Sydney on a count of the NRL GF or whatever is going on there. Melb or Vegas.

A doubt it's a case of what fighters are available dictating venues either, that's not really how they roll.

Venue first then begin to put the card together. Aus cards, like other non-US cards are generally pretty thin and this won't be any exception you'd think.
If we weren't talking about stadium shows id agree. 193 had two title fights, one which was originally going to be Condit/Lawler.

They aren't going to bother with Rod Laver again.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dana made a few comments about them not actually being able to secure a location.

So just having a look at Rod Laver Arena, Tim McGraw is playing on October 6 (UFC 243 set date). So that completely rules that out.

I don’t think filling the card even with another decent title fight makes that much of a difference in ticket sales which seems to be their priority on international cards not ppv numbers for the most part.

Top Bottom