MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

No new rumoured fights or announcements in the last week? Not a good sign...

Think it's widely accepted the card will be a full blown stinker. If your growing market are stupid enough to pay for weak cards like 234, why not rip them off in a grander scale in a stadium. People should have cancelled on mass after 234.

With that being said, ill still go but will be getting mid range tickets.

Think it's widely accepted the card will be a full blown stinker. If your growing market are stupid enough to pay for weak cards like 234, why not rip them off in a grander scale in a stadium. People should have cancelled on mass after 234.

With that being said, ill still go but will be getting mid range tickets.
Yeah I won't be going to this one. Got a feeling ticket sales will be quite poor; there's only so long you can make grand promises and under deliver yet expect us to show up. Surely not many come from interstate for a 1 fight card

Yeah I won't be going to this one. Got a feeling ticket sales will be quite poor; there's only so long you can make grand promises and under deliver yet expect us to show up. Surely not many come from interstate for a 1 fight card

I'm not even going to go from across the city.

LOL what a card this is shaping up to be! Won't even bother streaming the event at this rate

It better not sell out, they'll giving us absolute garbage if they know they can get away with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holly Holm v Pennington added to the card, is this meant to be the co main?

Nah but it would be a solid ppv opener.

1. Whittaker v Adesanya
4. Hooker v Iaqunita
5. Holm v Pennington

Just missing a co-main (Hopefully Holloway v Volkanovski) and another fight between ranked fighers (Overeem rumoured on this card).

Tuivasa and Megan Anderson should be on prelims.

1. Whittaker v Adesanya
4. Hooker v Iaqunita
5. Holm v Pennington

Just missing a co-main (Hopefully Holloway v Volkanovski) and another fight between ranked fighers (Overeem rumoured on this card).

Gee, you're hopeful! If Overeem comes out, it would be against Tuivasa I would think. I doubt we're getting two top heavyweights out here on relatively short notice and I can't see Max taking the quick turn around either. He'll likely look to get on a bigger card with more PPV buys later in the year. Hooker and Iaquinta I would imagine would be made co-main if it gets signed.

Holm vs Pennington is yuck. We've already seen it and I don't remember hoping to see them fight again some day after the first fight.

1. Whittaker v Adesanya
4. Hooker v Iaqunita
5. Holm v Pennington

I think your 4 and 5 will move up to two and three, Anderson is 4 and Tuivasa opens the main card.

Tuivasa already fighting Serghei Spivac apparently, he v Overeem would have been fun. Hope Overeem is coming and they make another fight out of that one.

The Holm v Pennington fight is a step in the right direction.
Hopefully they don't settle on that for the co-main, but I feel like they will.

We aren't getting any more big names added to this. It's 8-9 weeks away and MSG is soon after this

I'd be stunned if Max turned around so quickly but that is the only other big fight that would be made now. There isn't anything else left that makes sense

That's probably the main card

Whittaker Adesanya
Holm Pennington
Hooker Iaquinta
Tuivasa Spivak

Then either Kasseem or Anderson
Yeah that's likely it (Anderson main card) and a big F U from Dana to Australians. Awful card outside a fantastic main event and a fun Hooker/Al fight.

I still feel they may add another decent fight for the co-main. They usually announce a fight as the co-main when it’s announced which they haven’t done yet.

But I agree with the view that how ticket sales look when they start this week may impact it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back