MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'd say Tuivasa is a lock. Jimmy Crute just got booked for a UFC Vancouver in September so he's out. A bit bizarre as he's a great Aussie up-and-comer who the crowd genuinely loves. We can expect all the NZ crew to be there as well - Dan Hooker, Kai Kara-France, Shane Young.

Definitely needs another title fight though. I just can't see where it's going to come from. Maybe Cejudo? Maybe one of the women?
WMMA title fight (or adding more WMMA to a card in general) doesn't and won't generate more ticket sales. If anything less people will come from interstate to see that...

WMMA title fight (or adding more WMMA to a card in general) doesn't and won't generate more ticket sales. If anything less people will come from interstate to see that...
Yeah I would agree. It certainly doesn't excite me.

The only WMMA that a real mainstream draw are Rose and Cyborg. Neither of which I can see making the trip down.

Nice I'll be going to this.

Nick Krygios is on stand by as replacement for Whitaker if he pulls out again.

Clown A vs Clown B

Still would love to go. And I'll actually be going for Adesanya.

Love the flashy arrogant prick

Still would love to go. And I'll actually be going for Adesanya.

Love the flashy arrogant prick
hope he gets his head caved in. Fingers cross it is more brutal than Askrens ko

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

It's a crime how little major media outlets support Whittaker. We have a world fighting champion, and no one knows who he is.

Hopefully he gets up again, such a likeable guy and good for the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The UFC have talked about this being a huge stadium fight.
Without a huge co-main & solid main card in general they can forget even selling 3/4 of Marvel.

Rob/Izzy
Usman/Masvidal
Add Tai & 2 more top 15 match ups that aren't WMMA and maybe they have a chance of a sell out...

Sadly they won't give us this much

Without a huge co-main & solid main card in general they can forget even selling 3/4 of Marvel.

Rob/Izzy
Usman/Masvidal
Add Tai & 2 more top 15 match ups that aren't WMMA and maybe they have a chance of a sell out...

Sadly they won't give us this much
maybe.

The sold out Rod Laver in an hour or so and that was 15k.

I don't see any reason why they can't get 50k+ at Marvel especially with one of the most hyped fights of the year

maybe.

The sold out Rod Laver in an hour or so and that was 15k.

I don't see any reason why they can't get 50k+ at Marvel especially with one of the most hyped fights of the year
50k is a big ask but yeah maybe. I went to the Rod Laver but unless it's an historic card I'm not flying over again. Seen enough of our regional guys like Matthews, Crute, Tai, Pedro etc. Stack it properly and i'm there

50k is a big ask but yeah maybe. I went to the Rod Laver but unless it's an historic card I'm not flying over again. Seen enough of our regional guys like Matthews, Crute, Tai, Pedro etc. Stack it properly and i'm there
don't foget Whittaker v Adesanya could entice NZers to fly across too

They did a ppv there already this year.

If they can’t justify marvel stadium and just do a 15-20k arena they will do another city most likely Sydney if not Brisbane.
Pretty sure i read somewhere melbourne is confirmed if its in australia. Happy with that as sydney sucks and brisbane was never in discussion for it i dont think

Pretty sure i read somewhere melbourne is confirmed if its in australia. Happy with that as sydney sucks and brisbane was never in discussion for it i dont think
Melbourne seems to be rumoured but I reckon they want Marvel.

Who knows maybe the rugby grand final will really stop it from Sydney.

Along with Rob's history, they must be waiting on existing fights to play out to see how much the card is stacked before determining whether it's a stadium show or arena show.

I reckon if the card is so/so they'll just have it in Vegas. Even though Aussies still turned out for Israel/Silva, don't think UFC would want to deal with BS from another stuffed card in Aus.

Wonder how much of a factor Holloway/Edgar is in terms of the card.

Any other potential title fights that can occur in October?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back