MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Along with Rob's history, they must be waiting on existing fights to play out to see how much the card is stacked before determining whether it's a stadium show or arena show.

I reckon if the card is so/so they'll just have it in Vegas. Even though Aussies still turned out for Israel/Silva, don't think UFC would want to deal with BS from another stuffed card in Aus.

Wonder how much of a factor Holloway/Edgar is in terms of the card.

Any other potential title fights that can occur in October?
Mas/Usman if Usman is ready by then? They'll use that as a headliner elsewhere though

Mas/Usman if Usman is ready by then? They'll use that as a headliner elsewhere though

Yeah elsewhere for sure, much bigger than Israel/Rob, as much as im looking forward to it.

They won't do Sydney on a count of the NRL GF or whatever is going on there. Melb or Vegas.

A doubt it's a case of what fighters are available dictating venues either, that's not really how they roll.

Venue first then begin to put the card together. Aus cards, like other non-US cards are generally pretty thin and this won't be any exception you'd think.

Along with Rob's history, they must be waiting on existing fights to play out to see how much the card is stacked before determining whether it's a stadium show or arena show.

I reckon if the card is so/so they'll just have it in Vegas. Even though Aussies still turned out for Israel/Silva, don't think UFC would want to deal with BS from another stuffed card in Aus.

Wonder how much of a factor Holloway/Edgar is in terms of the card.

Any other potential title fights that can occur in October?
Good theory, I hadn't thought of that.

Shevchenko, Nunes & Andrade are the only ones I could think of.

They won't do Sydney on a count of the NRL GF or whatever is going on there. Melb or Vegas.

A doubt it's a case of what fighters are available dictating venues either, that's not really how they roll.

Venue first then begin to put the card together. Aus cards, like other non-US cards are generally pretty thin and this won't be any exception you'd think.

If we weren't talking about stadium shows id agree. 193 had two title fights, one which was originally going to be Condit/Lawler.

They aren't going to bother with Rod Laver again.

Dana made a few comments about them not actually being able to secure a location.

So just having a look at Rod Laver Arena, Tim McGraw is playing on October 6 (UFC 243 set date). So that completely rules that out.

I don’t think filling the card even with another decent title fight makes that much of a difference in ticket sales which seems to be their priority on international cards not ppv numbers for the most part.

I can't find where, but I read that it could be the AFL & the Combine in October that is what could be preventing them from closing on Marvel Stadium for Oct 6.

The AFL also posted this article about possibly moving the Combine venue due to 'potential scheduling' issues earlier in the month:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fantastic, wow. Anyone have an estimate on ticket prices?
I would assume around the sameish of the holly/Ronda fight.
I remember paying $350 for floor seats, it was a bit annoying due to the lay out. If I could afford it cage side would be sick, but you’ll end up forking out over 1k.
The cheep seats were like $100

I would assume around the sameish of the holly/Ronda fight.
I remember paying $350 for floor seats, it was a bit annoying due to the lay out. If I could afford it cage side would be sick, but you’ll end up forking out over 1k.
The cheep seats were like $100

I really rate Marvel as a stadium for viewing footy, but the s**t seats there are seriously s**t when they're blocked by pillars and stuff. I reckon it might be worth shelling out for floor seats.

I really rate Marvel as a stadium for viewing footy, but the s**t seats there are seriously s**t when they're blocked by pillars and stuff. I reckon it might be worth shelling out for floor seats.
Yeah, you just need to be careful because remember the cage is off the ground, and you have the cameraman moving around constantly, so if your too far back even on the ground your view can be obstructed at times.

They need a huge co-main to truly sell it out but I'm sure it gets a big crowd regardless. People are pretty pumped
Tuivasa been given a lay-up here. Add Hooker/Iaquinta and possibly Volkanovski/Holloway (unlikely given the turnaround but still hopeful) & it's a great card

Please though UFC/Dana. I'm begging you. Keep the wmma to a minimum

Edit: Nadia Kassem fight announced for the card. Ticket prices to soar now as demand goes through the roof /s.

So excited for a big card but in the end we'll get all the guys/girls we've seen 100x before. MSG is a week or 2 later, they're stacking that card more than this. Frustrating

Last edited:
Yeah, you just need to be careful because remember the cage is off the ground, and you have the cameraman moving around constantly, so if your too far back even on the ground your view can be obstructed at times.

Yeah the Mrs and I paid around 500 bucks a pop for floor seats, but considering how big the surface is, they were at least 20-25 rows back, vision was horrible. Our seats were at least right by the walk out, but if I had my time again, would rather sit a few rows back in Level 1 or Level 2. Unless you can get about 5 rows from the front I wouldn't bother.

Hmmm. There are no pillars at Marvel so i'm not sure what you are on about. The only sight issues i have ever had is the sun but that shouldnt be a problem with roof closed.

Had floor seats about 20 rows back, had a pretty sore neck from looking up from the screen.

Fork the extra money to get closer or pay for level 1 or 2 imo.

Will be waiting to see who else is on the card. Most likely local talent and Izzy gonna have to promote the s**t out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back