MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

A disappointing performance from Whittaker. And begrudgingly a smart performance from Adessanya.

He sure does know how to carry on like a turkey after a fight, doesn't he?

It is smart business, people will pay to hopefully see him get beaten, but I don't know if he is doing it for that reason, or if he really is a tosser.

Anyway, where does Rob go from here?

Rob refused to throw anything but wild swinging hooks and Israel just let them slide off. Needed to punch straight to get through his guard.
Yep. He was fighting like a bloke who had already lost the first 4 rounds and needed a finish. Looked technically a level below Adesanya.

Reckon they'll run it back one day.

I’ll have to watch the replay but it looked like Rob was throwing a lot of reckless strikes hitting air.

He fought poorly and paid the price.

Some people telling me that the stoppage was a little early but Rob only really had himself to blame.

Big ups for Izzy....I’m a fan.

Last edited:
A disappointing performance from Whittaker. And begrudgingly a smart performance from Adessanya.

He sure does know how to carry on like a turkey after a fight, doesn't he?

It is smart business, people will pay to hopefully see him get beaten, but I don't know if he is doing it for that reason, or if he really is a tosser.

Anyway, where does Rob go from here?

Nah he's an arrogant yet insecure prick. The way he carries every single thing that's said to him is pretty pathetic but you can't deny the bloke can fight.

I’ll have to watch the replay but it looked like Rob was throwing a lot of reckless strikes hitting air.

He fought poorly and paid the the price.

Some people telling me that the stoppage was a little early but Rob only really had himself to blame.

Stoppage was fine. Rob was lucky the bell sounded at the time it did in the first or he was going to be stopped

Absolutely gutted.

Rob was always going to have to end it early IMO. If you give Izzy time on the feet he will eventually pick you apart. So I didn't mind the gameplan.

Rob was actually landing shots, albeit wild ones. But a lot of his entries looks uncharacteristically sloppy.

You can't help but feel the extended time out of the cage + injuries + the pressure of a home event (many months of interviews and hype) contributed to a sub par performance.

I'm pretty confident he can get another crack at the belt in a few fights. Put him against the winner of Till vs. Gastelum and then see what happens with Costa vs. Izzy. With any luck Borrichina will knock that smug prick out in a round and open the title back up again.

He fought poorly and paid the the price.

Don't think it was an early stoppage, it could have been over at the end of the first, got floored in both rounds, pretty light work for adesanya, whittaker was throwing wildly, adesanya just dodged everything, looked a class above

just watched the replay of the second knock down and I don't agree with the sentiment that was a good stoppage. I think Goddard could have given Rob a few seconds to scramble/defend himself. Rob wasn't out....as soon as the fight stopped he got back up.

Rob was always going to have to end it early IMO. If you give Izzy time on the feet he will eventually pick you apart. So I didn't mind the gameplan.

The gameplan was completely out of character, had him mostly swinging at air and open for counters from a well renowned sniper. I don't think he needed to turn in to Demien Maia or anything, but he had to mix in a takedown attempt or two to at least make Izzy think about having to defend a shot. That pretty much every strike on his blitz attacks were looping hooks was also crazy. He's done so well on his rise by hiding strikes (his right hand to right head kick against Jacare for example) and he seemed to completely abandon that looking for the home run shot.

Two of Rob's three losses in the UFC have come against lanky, elite level strikers that he seemed insistent on trading with. I get that he's a very good striker in his own right, but if you're getting GSP comparisons, you need to show a higher fight IQ than that.

anyways....I rocked up for the last 3 fights on the card.

BamBam did the best he could with the takedowns against him. Showed much better composure and awareness on the ground than he did against Dos Santos.

Hooker was awesome, fought to his strengths and had a easy victory against a high calibre fighter. This will put him in the top 6-7 in the Lightweight division now :thumbsu: Hope he gets that Poirier fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too good. People who deemed Adesanya overrated yeah whatever lol. What's up now. He's like the Mayweather of MMA. Multiple game plans, can adjust during the fight and has that beautiful grace, movement and evasiveness about him. Great counter puncher/hitter.

Post fight I loved how he called out those who claimed he had no power. But I didn't like his disrespectful nature towards Ricky Martin ( lol )

So now like many, I also hate the campaigner ( after loving him up until the dissing of Livin La Vida Loca )

lol

Taking nothing at all from Israel, he's legit, but Rob was far from his best and his coaches should be dirty with how the fight played out.

Israel's fight IQ and head movement was great today though and certainly no longer hype. Say that as Rob fanboi and not the biggest fan of Israel.

Taking nothing at all from Israel, he's legit, but Rob was far from his best and his coaches should be dirty with how the fight played out.

Israel's fight IQ and head movement was great today though and certainly no longer hype. Say that as Rob fanboi and not the biggest fan of Israel.
Israel was on and made Rob look poor. AFTER he was losing the first round. Dropped him at the end of it too.

You were taking it away from Israel. Your post was contradicting.

Izzie great figher but i cant stand the campaigner
McGregor to me was a campaigner but I don’t mind this bloke.

Rob today just couldn’t connect with any punches, Israel was too quick and evading them. Then ended up copping a few himself.

Israel was on and made Rob look poor. AFTER he was losing the first round. Dropped him at the end of it too.

You were taking it away from Israel. Your post was contradicting.

Israel can only beat who is in front of him, he took the fight seriously (despite the pre fight antics- it works for him) and was clearly prepared, but you're kidding yourself if you reckon that's the best Rob has put on.

Reach advantage proved telling.

I almost look at it like the Khabib situation being wrestling at such a level his whole life it’s impossible to compete, the kickboxing & reach from Issy is so hard to compete with at 185.

The Eraser has a very similar challenge to Bobby Knucks and is a fair underdog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back