Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Quacksmack

Draftee
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whittaker looks pretty good at this point, given that Gastelum gave Adesanya some fits until the final round. Tuivasa should wipe the floor with Willis, but you never know with HWs.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Early reports saying a date has been set.

https://www.lowkickmma.com/report-robert-whittaker-vs-israel-adesanya-planned-for-ufc-243/

Can Rob keep himself healthy? Surely lightning doesn't strike a 3rd time.
Can Volkanosvki set himself up for a co-headline spot with a win over Aldo next week?
Will Tuivasa be able to hand Justin Willis the beating off his life in front of a rabid Western Sydney home crowd?

That's pretty much your main card right there, maybe add Jim Crute v OSP or something? Key obviously Alex beating Aldo, though even with a loss he's on the card somewhere you'd reckon.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
When was the last time they did an outdoor show?

I really think they’ll avoid it. It may just got to a arena with 15-20k seats.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Screenshot_20190501-074653_Google.jpg

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I went to Melbourne last event and been to 4 events here. I will not be flying to Sydney unless they absolutely stack this card (they won't). By stacked I don't mean all the Aussie names. I've seen Crute in Hex, that isn't a draw to me just because it's in the UFC. Matthews, Tai etc aren't draws to me, I've seen them enough. Stack the damn card

Rob x Izzy
Volkanovski x Moicano (Max won't be co-main. He's a main eventer now so he isn't coming here to co-headline. Would happily be wrong)
Weidman x Costa x Hermanson x Yoel (match up between 2 of them as back-up in case Rob gets hurt again)
Ponz x Elizeu Dos Santos
Tai x Overeem

Is an example of what I'd travel for. I really don't think this is asking too much for a PPV card but UFC gonna UFC

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
im really interested to see how far we have come since Rousy v Holm, was a stadium show couldn't fill it with Rousey which at the time was one of the biggest draws, dont think the connor machine was at full speed then. People I know that went said it was the worst viewing wise that the ufc had put on in Australia. each to there own it would be good but they dont do these stadium shows o/s for that reason. UFC have got a good deal with Espn and seem to be less stressed about numbers these days, rummor has it backed down for Brock and Connor as of late refusing to pay there asking prices.

im really interested to see how far we have come since Rousy v Holm, was a stadium show couldn't fill it with Rousey which at the time was one of the biggest draws, dont think the connor machine was at full speed then. People I know that went said it was the worst viewing wise that the ufc had put on in Australia. each to there own it would be good but they dont do these stadium shows o/s for that reason. UFC have got a good deal with Espn and seem to be less stressed about numbers these days, rummor has it backed down for Brock and Connor as of late refusing to pay there asking prices.
Rumor has it that with the new way that PPV buys are done in the US, the PPV sales are down. Therefore Conor and Brock asked for bigger upfront guaranteed money rather than a bigger slice of the PPV like they used to go off.

Which to be fair probably agrees with your comment.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Rumor has it that with the new way that PPV buys are done in the US, the PPV sales are down. Therefore Conor and Brock asked for bigger upfront guaranteed money rather than a bigger slice of the PPV like they used to go off.

Gastelum Adesanya and Holloway Poirier got 70k buys.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

It seemed that could happen.

They’ve made it doable via internet only, but people using the internet are more likely to stream anyway. Feel they could lose that older customer.

Gastelum Adesanya and Holloway Poirier got 70k buys.
I knew they were bad but I didn't know they wwre that bad.

Apparently there needs to be 100k buys before the fighters even see a cut of the money

Back