Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
lol how do 2 judges have it 30-27 by to opposite fighters?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I could see 30-27 for Till (even then the last round was Kelvin's imo) but 30-27 to KG is a joke.
Literally the only thing I can think is that they thought there was so little action in the first 2 rounds they were awarded them to KG for forcing the pace.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Whittaker has some serious question marks around him, maybe it was ring rust but he looked seriously outclassed against Izzy. Whittaker was always prone to taking shots and Izzy exposed his technique a little. His chin held up against Romero but i just don't know if you can maintain that damage. I think Tills size is a problem for him
I think izzy was always going to expose fighters with his striking. Whittakers' gameplan was ridiculous. Rushing and winging punches was brain dead.

I definitely think the 2 Yoel fights have shortened his career dramatically.

Too much technique and highlighted the levels that exist between legit strikers vs. MMA strikers - No different to when Conor came into the UFC. I don't think Till has the same technique to trouble Whittaker and if a shot lands on Till he's out.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think izzy was always going to expose fighters with his striking. Whittakers' gameplan was ridiculous. Rushing and winging punches was brain dead.

I definitely think the 2 Yoel fights have shortened his career dramatically.

Too much technique and highlighted the levels that exist between legit strikers vs. MMA strikers - No different to when Conor came into the UFC. I don't think Till has the same technique to trouble Whittaker and if a shot lands on Till he's out.
It was def a horrible game plan. Should have tried to take him into deep waters and mix it up. Make Izzy force the pace. Oh well.
Whittaker's strength was his variety mixed with his pace. I just think he's always open to a huge counter

Back