MMA-UFC UFC 244 : Diaz v Masvidal

Remove this Banner Ad

Unreal event being there live.
Madison Square Garden is such a great stadium for fights.
Crowd was rabid after the doctor's stoppage. I saw a couple of fights break out and lots of drinks being thrown.
I'd love to see it run back, but doesn't sound like Dana is interested in the rematch.

It's true but the frustrating things for me are:
  • Nate has an excuse now:fire:
Excuse. Lol. He was being smashed. His eye was cut and bleeding because he'd been belted in it all fight. It was a reasonable stoppage.

He's gutsy and tough but if they have another fight he will be out classed and smashed again. He isn't beating Mas.

Excuse. Lol. He was being smashed. His eye was cut and bleeding because he'd been belted in it all fight. It was a reasonable stoppage.

He's gutsy and tough but if they have another fight he will be out classed and smashed again. He isn't beating Mas.
Masvidals striking is crisp on point and straight at the target where Nate lookes sloppy and throws
Alot of hay makers, Diaz ground work is first class
But his stand up is questionable, mcgreggor and Masvidal have exposed his lack of stand up skill.

Unreal event being there live.
Madison Square Garden is such a great stadium for fights.
Crowd was rabid after the doctor's stoppage. I saw a couple of fights break out and lots of drinks being thrown.
I'd love to see it run back, but doesn't sound like Dana is interested in the rematch.
what was the crowd like in general before the stoppage?

Fight had to be stopped as soon as there's bleeding above the eye, standard across the industry and it's enforced for the simple fact that you can't have blood running into your eye during a fight. Had the cut been anywhere else it would have been allowed to continue. Looking forward to a rematch.

Fight had to be stopped as soon as there's bleeding above the eye, standard across the industry and it's enforced for the simple fact that you can't have blood running into your eye during a fight. Had the cut been anywhere else it would have been allowed to continue. Looking forward to a rematch.
Should've been called after round 1 then.
Negligent by the doctor

Should've been called after round 1 then.
Negligent by the doctor

The cut obviously opened up further after round 1, but yeah he would have been well within his rights to stop it earlier. Definitely not a case of if it should have been stopped but when.

Michael Chandler posted that this was the same doctor that told him his leg was broken against Primus and stopped the fight a while back. It looked bad, but was similar to Cejudo's leg in the second Mighty Mouse fight. The cut didn't seem to be worrying Nate too much as the blood appeared to be running down his cheek rather than in to his eye.

Loving the back flip on Till everyone seems to be doing. Prior to the Gastelum fight I was about the only one who gave him a chance, but now he's knocking out Whitaker apparently. He's a high level striker, has shown very strong defensive grappling and still looks like he will have a size advantage over a good portion of the fighters at 185. I think he'll be in the top 5 before long.

Was super impressed by the Lee KO. That was one of the nastiest headkicks I've seen in a long time and should be up there for KO of the year along with the Shevchenko one against Eye. I fully expected Gillespie to win that fight, but it was apparent early on that Lee was well prepared and that his striking was on a higher level. Gregor still fought well and landed a good number of shots, Lee just found the finishing blow first. Lee under Firas will be one to watch. If he has his weight cut down to 155 under control, he's a handful for most people at that class. Apparently him and Makhachev have agreed to fight which would be a great match up.

Great performance from Anderson too against Walker. He's long been a threat to the top guys at 205 but seemed to stumble when matched against either a heavy hitter or one of the elite guys, so taking out the Walker hype train is big for him. I can see that potentially getting him next crack at Jones due to the lack of other notables at 205 that Jones hasn't already beaten.

Come on...it's a diaz...

Nick thought he beat GSP.

Nate says he doesn't like to make excuses but after every loss he blames an injury in training. After Masvidal, after Dos Anjos, after Conor 2, after henderson he blamed an injury and then his eye.

Come on...it's a diaz...

Nick thought he beat GSP.

Nate says he doesn't like to make excuses but after every loss he blames an injury in training. After Masvidal, after Dos Anjos, after Conor 2, after henderson he blamed an injury and then his eye.
Nick also though GSP had his poisoned

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^^
Nick is a lot more $$$ for Jorge. Ild say unless he gets knocked out by Nick who hasnt fought in 4 years, or does the Nate fight again he's got plenty of time. to wait to face off either Colby or Usman

However if Colby wins against Usman imagine the Crowd at the Masvidal V Colby fight.

Loving the back flip on Till everyone seems to be doing. Prior to the Gastelum fight I was about the only one who gave him a chance, but now he's knocking out Whitaker apparently. He's a high level striker, has shown very strong defensive grappling and still looks like he will have a size advantage over a good portion of the fighters at 185. I think he'll be in the top 5 before long.
I think it was both a case of Gastelum not delivering after a great performance against Adesanya as well as Till seeming to be a better fighter at middleweight.

Kelvin's preparation looks shady in retrospect considering the weigh in towel incident.

I think it was both a case of Gastelum not delivering after a great performance against Adesanya as well as Till seeming to be a better fighter at middleweight.

Kelvin's preparation looks shady in retrospect considering the weigh in towel incident.

I agree, but all of that was evident prior to the fight which is why I was surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back