MMA-UFC UFC 245 Discussion - 3 Belts on the line

Remove this Banner Ad

The two judges that gave Holloway two rounds are ******s. Not even one in question.
you could've arguably given Max round 4 or something, but even then it wasn't a clear round win.

so Dana just said Volk v Holloway rematch in Australia. He said Australia is a massive market for the UFC and that makes sense

Would be massive

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Max is deserving and Volkan gets to defend his belt in front of the home town. Sounds like a great rematch.

Very much underestimated Alex. I thought Max would win a fairly comfortable decision after turning up the pace after a round or 2. Alex fought a good fight and got a deserved win, great performance.

Don't even think they need a rematch, it was a clear decision. Not sure who'd be the next contender though

If they do a rematch down under, I really recommend going if you've never been to a fight card. The best atmosphere of any sport IMO. Provided it's at an entertainment center and not Marvel you'll get a good view with silver seats ($120ish) and it's an incredible day really. I'm a boxing fan but a UFC event shits on live boxing. Footy doesn't hold a candle to it either IMO

Usman v Masvidal
Nunes has cleared out her divisions. No idea what's next
Alex v Max rematch
Marlon v Yan #1 contender fight if Cejudo fights at flyweight next. He's said Benavidez is next
Neal v Edwards or Woodley

Covington v Diaz would be an interesting fight for s**t talk. Doesn't make sense but it'd be a fun build up. Otherwise Cov v Neal/Edwards/Woodley
Aldo v Font? Sterling perhaps
Perry needs cannon fodder to get a win
GDR will retire

What's the fights to make in everyone's opinion

I might be remembering wrong but it was a snoozer of a fight wasn't it? I have zero interest in ever watching Shevchenko but appreciate she's the toughest match up for Nunes

I appreciated the technical aspect. Shev is probably the most technical fighter on the planet imo. If she had a little more power she’d be unstoppable

Usman v Masvidal
Nunes has cleared out her divisions. No idea what's next
Alex v Max rematch
Marlon v Yan #1 contender fight if Cejudo fights at flyweight next. He's said Benavidez is next
Neal v Edwards or Woodley

Covington v Diaz would be an interesting fight for s**t talk. Doesn't make sense but it'd be a fun build up. Otherwise Cov v Neal/Edwards/Woodley
Aldo v Font? Sterling perhaps
Perry needs cannon fodder to get a win
GDR will retire

What's the fights to make in everyone's opinion

Usman vs Masvidal will sell through the roof. Edwards' streak probably merits a title shot more than Jorge's, but the UFC will see dollar signs and go with Jorge.

It sounds like Nunes will fight at 145 next. The name I saw mentioned was Spencer who is coming off a loss to Cyborg. That goes to show just how shallow that division is! If her next fight is at 135, Aldana made a pretty compelling case for a shot yesterda.

Sounds like Volkanovski and Max will go again. Max is one of my favourite fighters, but I don't see what he does differently to get the win. He seems to have the Diaz problem when it comes to checking leg kicks and doesn't have the power to keep Volkanovski off him. I think the rematch would go similarly.

135 is interesting with Marlon, Aljamain and Yan all looking to get title shots. If Cejudo fights at 125 next, I agree that pairing Marlon and Yan for the #1 contender spot makes sense.

Neal is a terrific prospect. Him vs either Edwards or Woodley is a huge step up for him, but I doubt either of those guys take the risk to be honest as his ranking will still be fairly low. I think Ponzinibbio would make a fair bit of sense. He was supposed to fight Lawler yesterday but had to pull out due to a staph infection, so hopefully he shouldn't be out of action for too long.

Covington vs Diaz makes a lot of sense. Both guys are volume strikers that are very good on the ground and are both coming off losses to top ranked opposition. I think Colby would maul him personally, but could definitely see it being made.

Aldo's a hard one to match up. He was a hair away from having a win over the #1 guy at the weight class, but now is coming off a loss in a new weight class. Font is a good shout as someone who is building momentum and could use a win over a guy with Aldo's legacy.

Watched this one on delay. Good card, nice way to finish the 2010s for the UFC.

Felt like Aldo was stooged but tbh I was drinking, would have to go back and watch it sober to be sure. Which I won't.

Could the Volk sell out Colonial Stadium? Does he have the same pull power as Bobby Whittaker? I don't know.

Was hoping Covington would win because I love his Trump shtick. Credit to Fake Newsman though, good fight.

In a few weeks we see the return of McGregor. Good time to be a fan of the entertainment factory that is UFC.

Sounds like Volkanovski and Max will go again. Max is one of my favourite fighters, but I don't see what he does differently to get the win. He seems to have the Diaz problem when it comes to checking leg kicks and doesn't have the power to keep Volkanovski off him. I think the rematch would go similarly.

Covington vs Diaz makes a lot of sense. Both guys are volume strikers that are very good on the ground and are both coming off losses to top ranked opposition. I think Colby would maul him personally, but could definitely see it being made.
On the rematch - I think if they do end up rematching that Max will have a very solid leg check on him. Yeah he's been kicked his whole career, but nothing like that. Most fighters use the leg kick 3-10 times and then stop, but Volkanovski was sound in continuing to fight to his plan and ended up with 50+ leg kicks probably. If max can start checking them, I reckon the rematch plays out differently.

Yep agree colby smashes nate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great card

Faber is over it. Just didnt look convincing and Petr looked miles better

Aldo V Morales. I honestly would have given it to Aldo. I think he controlled the fight and looked like the bigger thread.

Nunes V Germaine was a great fight, Nunes won it but Germaine make her look beatable. If she had better ground work maybe she gets a lock of that freak triangle, She definately rocked Nunes at points.

Alex V Max, great strat by Alex. Holloway unfortunately finally got hunted down. No answer for Alex untill the 5th round when Alex started to Gas. Great plan, Great leg strikes.

Colby V Usman, Honestly would have had it Usman, whoever scored it 3v1 for Colby is ridiculus. Seeing Colby sook about ""Faking eye pokes" is bullshit. the cup kick didnt seem to be anywhere near.

Usman is a scary guy. He's just Marched through 3 absolutely dangerous fighters and has Edwards and Masvidal before he can legitamately say there is nothing left in this division to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back