MMA-UFC UFC 246 - McGregor Vs Cowboy

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate lol. It's funny cause I reckon he might lose some fans for not being the full blown wild man but now I respect him even more. That was such a respectful McGregor
I think he needs to play it pretty straight with Cowboy as he is one of the most popular fighters around. Also, it hard to have a go at cowboy as he is a fighters fighter. Would probably lose a lot of support if he played up as normal.

acting this was will have a net positive effect.

Come on man, this is all PR 101 stuff, people turned on McGregor for the old man punch on top of the chair thrown at the bus and whatever else.

This is all redemption story arc style humility in the face of adversity, respect your opponents, right out of the playback.

Kudos to Dana and whoever he is paying to script all of this. It is working a treat.

And then as soon Connor beats the Cowboy he can sing the Cowboy's praises and then immediately go back to angry cocky Connor.

'Neow I'm fookn back and that little jockstrap sniffer knoos I'm fookn coming fer me belt! Yer can run but yer can't fookn hide, Khabib!'

And the gravy train will be back to full speed.

Come on man, this is all PR 101 stuff, people turned on McGregor for the old man punch on top of the chair thrown at the bus and whatever else.

This is all redemption story arc style humility in the face of adversity, respect your opponents, right out of the playback.

Kudos to Dana and whoever he is paying to script all of this. It is working a treat.

And then as soon Connor beats the Cowboy he can sing the Cowboy's praises and then immediately go back to angry cocky Connor.

'Neow I'm fookn back and that little jockstrap sniffer knoos I'm fookn coming fer me belt! Yer can run but yer can't fookn hide, Khabib!'

And the gravy train will be back to full speed.
I think it would stand out a bit more if it was gimmicky.

I think he’s being genuine.....and if he wasn’t I think we’d be able to see through it.

Watching the presser, he was saying he was humbled by the mistakes he's made without saying actually saying it.

Admitted to being off the grog and being fully focussed.

Proof is in the pudding, but it's good to see him showing a bit of contrition. He's still charismatic and more entertaining than 90% of the roster even when he's not over the top.

I just hope he's learned he's that he's got of talent but he's primary focus needs to be career and not his ventures before retires.

He just sounds like any young bloke who tried to gain respect through force and now he looks humbled enough to want to earn it through fighting.

Rather than telling everyone how good he is he's just gonna show it
Lets see if it lasts after the cowboy fight, doubt he'll be this humble if he wins and wants to fight
Khabib again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see if it lasts after the cowboy fight, doubt he'll be this humble if he wins and wants to fight
Khabib again.

I always found him pretty humble post fight. Granted, he has the immediate post fight emotion, but in the pressers he was normally very respectful and humble. he would compliment the fighter and leave the rest of the act in the past.

An interview from a few years ago (maybe 2015) i remember him saying he "didnt like to rewatch his old fights" when asked to watch and comment on the mendes and siver fight because everyone is basically the same, a fighter trying their best to win and you shouldnt gloat about colleague getting beat up. or something to that effect anyway

I always found him pretty humble post fight. Granted, he has the immediate post fight emotion, but in the pressers he was normally very respectful and humble. he would compliment the fighter and leave the rest of the act in the past.

An interview from a few years ago (maybe 2015) i remember him saying he "didnt like to rewatch his old fights" when asked to watch and comment on the mendes and siver fight because everyone is basically the same, a fighter trying their best to win and you shouldnt gloat about colleague getting beat up. or something to that effect anyway

Fair enough.
Having said that....I don't think his changed as much as people think. The hostilities from his last fight before & after compared to 246's lead up are polar opposites. I think that's led to people thinking he's changed or humbled (his haters favourite word on social media).

If you watch embedded or the other media stuff his done recently......Conor still has his witty sense of humour.

My thoughts on the fight haven't changed......his got 2-3 minutes to get it done before getting head kicked.

I will profess that I have never really like McGregor.

But as much as I dislike it,I understand how a kid (in theor 20s) goes crazy with money and success (as much as I dislike it I think of myself at the same age and undestand how you can go that way)

To me he seems like a guy who has a family and now is a 30+ year old man and realizes that his profession keeps him on the striaght an arrow and I appreciate that. No doubt his managers have faced him off against Cowboy to be complimentary too....

Having said that I hope Cowboy kicks his head off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back