MMA-UFC UFC 246 - McGregor Vs Cowboy

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
McGregor just dismissed Cowboy. Huge result for him. Has put the welterweights on notice.

Usman/colby/masvidal/Woodley, who's next?
Colby & Juiceman are too big and strong, they would just take him down and maul him khabib style, only they both have superior cardio than khabib too. I still think Masvidal out boxes him and probably sparks him out at some stage. Woodley is probably the best style for him.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldn’t be shocked to see next fight news pretty soon after Dana Lorenzo Conor meet Tuesday, although it could be months away.

When you think he can only ever fight on ppv they really won’t want him fighting till May (UFC250). I think they’ll want him to fight Gaethje.

Would be crazy if he said no I’m bouncing back quick and did 248 in Vegas and pushed Issy to co main event

No, not at all but I am against low level womens sport being touted as "world class". AFLW is flat out rubbish, the Matildas are an example of good women sport. Nunes another.

Fact is wmma is incredibly less watchable than the men. Maybe it is the smaller talent pool to blame but if so, isnt that reason to scale it back rather than trot out continuous trash in showcase positions of cards? Shevchenko before Jones is more bad booking btw, her and Chook are terrible to watch and you put them before your 2nd biggest draw? UFC are phoning it in worse than ever since ESPN guaranteed their $
Also do you think there are 10 good wmma fighters to watch? 8? 15?

The list of watchable fighters are Joanna, Andrade, Chinese chick, Rose maybe, & Nunes. Shev is boring AF but appreciate ill cop flack for that opinion. She seems popular

So you're defining woeful by whether they're boring or not, nothing to do with talent?

Lack of exciting fights isnt exclusive to women's MMA.

Again, not trying to have a go, just trying to understand your POV.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see next fight news pretty soon after Dana Lorenzo Conor meet Tuesday, although it could be months away.

When you think he can only ever fight on ppv they really won’t want him fighting till May (UFC250). I think they’ll want him to fight Gaethje.

Would be crazy if he said no I’m bouncing back quick and did 248 in Vegas and pushed Issy to co main event
Lorenzo isnt part of the UFC anymore though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you're defining woeful by whether they're boring or not, nothing to do with talent?

Lack of exciting fights isnt exclusive to women's MMA.

Again, not trying to have a go, just trying to understand your POV.
Its very low standard outside a handful of fighters. UFC have Tafa/Adams on a PPV coming up so youre right its not exclusive to wmma but at least that fight might have a fun finish...

I have up against the cage, trying to think who it was,but not in the middle like that. I reckon bring back the Marco Ruas stamp on the toes!

Jon Jones maybe?

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Nothing quite brings out the nuffs like a McGregor fight. Conor fought brilliantly against a fading former contender who is still dangerous. All the calls of Cerrone taking a dive or that his performance was a disgrace are ridiculous. It was a disappointing end to what was a highly anticipated fight, but sh*t happens in this sport. Cerrone got hit with a couple of strikes that he clearly wasn't expecting, was hurt and got finished soon after. All credit should be going to Conor for that performance rather than people tearing down Cowboy.

Not a lot to say about the rest of the card. Olienik vs Greene was entertaining, Kelleher got a nice sub, Roxy derailed a hype train and Dober's KO was brutal but that was about it.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Dana White seem to be rambling a bit too much about Khabib v McGregor re-match. It is like he just assumes Ferguson is no chance of winning v Khabib.
Weird!Anyway, sounds like McGregor wants to fight sooner anyway so he next fight is way up in air at this moment as to whom it is.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dana White seem to be rambling a bit too much about Khabib v McGregor re-match. It is like he just assumes Ferguson is no chance of winning v Khabib.
Weird!Anyway, sounds like McGregor wants to fight sooner anyway so he next fight is way up in air at this moment as to whom it is.
Pump the brakes, Dana.

That would be a very quick KO. Can't see Mayweather ever getting into an octogon.

Mayweather is 42 years old. He's not going to make his MMA debut, I will guarantee you that.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched at a pub in Thailand where I'm currently traveling. Crowd went off at the finish.

Why cheer that s**t?

Because people love McGregor. They love him. Not everybody, of course. But his fans do love the guy.

A money-making machine.

That advertisement for his whiskey in the immediate post-fight with Joe Rogan was embarrassing for all parties concerned.

With all of that said, will I make sure I'm near a computer screen or a pub for Connor's next fight? You had better believe it.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Watched at a pub in Thailand where I'm currently traveling. Crowd went off at the finish.

Why cheer that s**t?

Because people love McGregor. They love him. Not everybody, of course. But his fans do love the guy.

A money-making machine.

That advertisement for his whiskey in the immediate post-fight with Joe Rogan was embarrassing for all parties concerned.

With all of that said, will I make sure I'm near a computer screen or a pub for Connor's next fight? You had better believe it.
Why cheer a knockout by a UFC fighter?

I have absolutely no idea why someone would cheer that?

Personally i prefer a more muted nodding approach to my celebration, combined with a brief call of "good show", potentially accompanied by a solitary fist pump.

Back