MMA-UFC UFC 246 - McGregor Vs Cowboy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dana White seem to be rambling a bit too much about Khabib v McGregor re-match. It is like he just assumes Ferguson is no chance of winning v Khabib.
Weird!Anyway, sounds like McGregor wants to fight sooner anyway so he next fight is way up in air at this moment as to whom it is.
I keep telling people that the UFC wants to avoid Ferguson vs McGregor. People don’t believe me but it’s true...
Tony is a real G, when he says certain things as truth. I believe it 100%.

I'd be keen on Conor vs Paulie in the boxing ring, or maybe even Floyd/Conor again, but do that late in the year or in the following years. Hopefully 2-3 (or more) mma bouts before that happens.

Paulie got found out by Artem without the big pillowcases on his hands.

Why cheer a knockout by a UFC fighter?

I have absolutely no idea why someone would cheer that?

Personally i prefer a more muted nodding approach to my celebration, combined with a brief call of "good show", potentially accompanied by a solitary fist pump.
Yet a 3 round match with an strategy clearly getting the better of someone else in a female match is evidence that female MMA fighters are boring and s**t.

Also do you think there are 10 good wmma fighters to watch? 8? 15?

The list of watchable fighters are Joanna, Andrade, Chinese chick, Rose maybe, & Nunes. Shev is boring AF but appreciate ill cop flack for that opinion. She seems popular
There is, and what do you mean by watch? Good to watch? Talented? If we're going good to watch we may as well scrap the heavyweight division because either give me Francis/Rozenstruik/Miocic OR a derrick Lewis win it's pretty dead in the water,
Nunes, Cyborg, Zheng, Joanna, De Randemere, Shev, Gladelha, Andrade, Hamasaki, Budd

There's 10. It flows in general and while in a little lull, gladly watch anyone there, Considering I thought Holm would get beat and she grinded out a majority win, she probably belongs in it.

Colby & Juiceman are too big and strong, they would just take him down and maul him khabib style, only they both have superior cardio than khabib too. I still think Masvidal out boxes him and probably sparks him out at some stage. Woodley is probably the best style for him.
We always say this, Only guy whos ever done it is Khabib and I think between him and division rival Ferguson and Usman are the only guys who would have a chance to beat Conor down around that weight.

Ild love to say Masvidal, Usman would hurt McGregor, I absolutely wish I could say they would. Hate the dude. but i think give Mcgregor more time to adjust to the weight class he'll end up at the top

We always say this, Only guy whos ever done it is Khabib and I think between him and division rival Ferguson and Usman are the only guys who would have a chance to beat Conor down around that weight.

Ild love to say Masvidal, Usman would hurt McGregor, I absolutely wish I could say they would. Hate the dude. but i think give Mcgregor more time to adjust to the weight class he'll end up at the top

think you are under-rating Juiceman my guy.
he’s at the top of his game and reminds me of Killashaw during his reign (I definitely think he’s on EPO too)
Trust me when I say he would monster Conor. Bookies would have odds like $1.20 - $4.40

Yet a 3 round match with an strategy clearly getting the better of someone else in a female match is evidence that female MMA fighters are boring and s**t.
That's the most stupid s**t I've ever heard. Plenty of successful sporting teams/tactics rely on a tactic that may be considered to he "boring" by that sports fans. Just because a tactic is successful doesn't mean it has to be supported.

As an MMA fan I enjoy striking and submission attempts. While a legitimate tactic, wrestling for the sake of wrestling is not entertaining to me and I see no issue with it being criticised.

That Holm fight was boring as batshit.

think you are under-rating Juiceman my guy.
he’s at the top of his game and reminds me of Killashaw during his reign (I definitely think he’s on EPO too)
Trust me when I say he would monster Conor. Bookies would have odds like $1.20 - $4.40
I love Usman as well dude. He's lost what, officially 4 rounds since his streak? Guys a monster and I don't think anyone right now wants to fight him

I don’t think Mcgregor cares much about belts. Been there done that. He’s all about the money. Would not surprise me to see Diaz 3 or Massdival. Or they use someone else as wolfs bate such as Pettis. Personally I think Gaethji would be a great matchup.

This is the list of potential ufc opponents McGregor could fight in the next 2 years IMO. There is not really anyone that isn’t in this list that he could fight.

- Masvidal
- Usman
- Covington
- Diaz
- Edwards
- Khabib
- Ferguson
- Poirier
- Gaethje
- Holloway

Unless someone lower goes on a crazy run in the next 12 months like a Kevin Lee.

This is the list of potential ufc opponents McGregor could fight in the next 2 years IMO. There is not really anyone that isn’t in this list that he could fight.

- Masvidal
- Usman
- Covington
- Diaz
- Edwards
- Khabib
- Ferguson
- Poirier
- Gaethje
- Holloway

Unless someone lower goes on a crazy run in the next 12 months like a Kevin Lee.
Am I the only one that would be interest in seeing a Conor v Adesanya fight? It's not out of the realms of possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one that would be interest in seeing a Conor v Adesanya fight? It's not out of the realms of possibility.
tenor.gif

- Masvidal
- Usman
- Covington
- Diaz
- Edwards
- Khabib
- Ferguson
- Poirier
- Gaethje
- Holloway

Manny Pac should be in this list.

If its Masvidal and the odds of $1.60 hold for him to beat conor, bet everything you have. Take a mortgage out. He ruins Conor

* gamble responsibly

There is, and what do you mean by watch? Good to watch? Talented? If we're going good to watch we may as well scrap the heavyweight division because either give me Francis/Rozenstruik/Miocic OR a derrick Lewis win it's pretty dead in the water,
Nunes, Cyborg, Zheng, Joanna, De Randemere, Shev, Gladelha, Andrade, Hamasaki, Budd

There's 10. It flows in general and while in a little lull, gladly watch anyone there, Considering I thought Holm would get beat and she grinded out a majority win, she probably belongs in it.
Lewis has finishing power though so its edge of your seat (like v Volkov). HW has some hilariously bad fights but its infinitely more entertaining than 99% of wmma.

I don't particular take too much interest in WMMA either tbh, 2 unranked fighters generally makes for a bad view. That Holm fight was disgusting. I ******* love Shevchenko though, everything she does is so smooth, her technicality is flawless
and as far as im concerned shes beaten everyone shes ever faced in the octagon...

Journalists were a little cheeky with the McGregor Khabib fight in Moscow. They asked Dana why not Moscow, he said you tell me and then the journo said PPV, Dana said many reasons and then they ran the qoute to Connor that it was all PPV related.

I reckon it was more to do with not wanting the circus of those 2 fighting in bloody Moscow with the travelling Irish after last time

Journalists were a little cheeky with the McGregor Khabib fight in Moscow. They asked Dana why not Moscow, he said you tell me and then the journo said PPV, Dana said many reasons and then they ran the qoute to Connor that it was all PPV related.

I reckon it was more to do with not wanting the circus of those 2 fighting in bloody Moscow with the travelling Irish after last time

Any number of reasons
The traveling circus
Russian mafia killing someone
Also plenty of stories of boxers refusing to eat or drink things given to them in Russia, don't want to risk mcgregor beating him and then mysteriously pissing hot.

They sell ppv in Australia they would sell them in Russia.

- Masvidal
- Usman
- Covington
- Diaz
- Edwards
- Khabib
- Ferguson
- Poirier
- Gaethje
- Holloway

The Volk is coming for his red panty night too 😁

Any number of reasons
The traveling circus
Russian mafia killing someone
Also plenty of stories of boxers refusing to eat or drink things given to them in Russia, don't want to risk mcgregor beating him and then mysteriously pissing hot.

They sell ppv in Australia they would sell them in Russia.

Yeah my take was he was more worried about McGregor dying in Russia rather than PPV numbers.

Too many unknowns for him to want to risk it.
Plus he probably genuinely believes so much corruption in Russia it is not a market he is anywhere near ready to want to stage big events.
Maybe in a generation when Putin dies and Russia possibly becomes less corrupt it could be possible.

time difference would be a massive factor too.

In order to have the PPV beaming through to the US at a reasonable time the main card fights would have to kick of a 6am or 7am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back