MMA-UFC UFC 247 - Jones v Reyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn't see a thread for this, like 246 I'm very excited for the main event but not so the rest of the card.

Jones should get it done, i see that he might want to win on his feet again which is not his best strategy but should be able to do enough. Good to see Junior Tafa get another go, great opportunity, hope it goes better than his last fight.

Latifi v Lewis is an interesting one too, i think this is Latifi's first fight at HW, seems pretty short, will be interesting what he weighs in at, Lewis should have a lot of pounds on him.

Light HeavyweightJon Jones (c)vs.Dominick Reyes
Women's FlyweightValentina Shevchenko (c)vs.Katlyn Chookagian
HeavyweightJuan Adamsvs.Justin Tafa
FeatherweightMirsad Bektićvs.Dan Ige
HeavyweightDerrick Lewisvs.Ilir Latifi
MiddleweightTrevin Gilesvs.Antonio Arroyo
WelterweightAlex Moronovs.Kalinn Williams
Women's FlyweightLauren Murphyvs.Andrea Lee
BantamweightMiles Johnsvs.Mario Bautista
BantamweightJourney Newsonvs.Domingo Pilarte
BantamweightAndre Ewellvs.Jonathan Martinez

Comical that Tafa/Adams is on PPV
Jones Dec
Shev Dec
Adams TKO
Bektic Dec (tough fight to call)
Lewis pushes Latifi's s**t in. Latifi wrestling a guy with 40 pounds on him will gas even quicker than normal. Once gas he gets ended

I couldn't care less about the title fights. Probably stream Lewis and Bektic then go out

I reckon Bones is gonna win this one pretty easily. Too good for anyone in the division hope he moves up to heavyweight soon
Reyes is really the only challenge left in LHW... and I do agree btw I think he'll finish him inside 3 rounds.
Ngannou vs Jones intrigues the * out of me.

This was cool, always great to be reminded about all of Jones’ victories, was watching thinking how amazing his run is, then they showed the Gus fights and Cormier, he’s the GOAT.
Some knob head was calling McGregor the goat in the other thread a little while ago but c'mon. Jones is undefeated in title fights for 9 years lol.
The list of fighters he has beaten has multiple HoF members or future members
Rashad
Machida
Jackson
Cormier
Sonnen
Etc.

He's an absoloute living legend and he's only 32. Theoretically he could fight for close to another decade as a heavyweight if he wants to.

Reyes is really the only challenge left in LHW... and I do agree btw I think he'll finish him inside 3 rounds.
Johnny Walker is a challenger but his last fight pushed him back a little.

Reyes won't get finished inside 3 rounds

Some knob head was calling McGregor the goat in the other thread a little while ago but c'mon. Jones is undefeated in title fights for 9 years lol.
The list of fighters he has beaten has multiple HoF members or future members
Rashad
Machida
Jackson
Cormier
Sonnen
Etc.

He's an absoloute living legend and he's only 32. Theoretically he could fight for close to another decade as a heavyweight if he wants to.
only two close in the discussion to the GOAT are GSP & Mighty Mouse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only two close in the discussion to the GOAT are GSP & Mighty Mouse
DC despite losing to Jones could be in the discussion, especially if he beats Stipe again.
2 weight champ
Strikeforce GP winner
Wins over Stipe, Rumble, Gus, Bigfoot shortly after he beat Feder, Hendo, Anderson. It's a good resume but Jones prevents him ever being discussed (rightfully so? He's just Stuey MacGill to SK Warne there. Every chance of GOAT status if not for being born in the wrong era)

I don't hold MM in the same league as Anderson or GSP though. Wins over Elliott, Cariaso, Reis, Borg just doesn't cut it IMO. An argument could be made Holloway has a better resume than MM

Jones
GSP
Khabib
DC
Mouse/Anderson

DC despite losing to Jones could be in the discussion, especially if he beats Stipe again.
2 weight champ
Strikeforce GP winner
Wins over Stipe, Rumble, Gus, Bigfoot shortly after he beat Feder, Hendo, Anderson. It's a good resume but Jones prevents him ever being discussed (rightfully so? He's just Stuey MacGill to SK Warne there. Every chance of GOAT status if not for being born in the wrong era)

I don't hold MM in the same league as Anderson or GSP though. Wins over Elliott, Cariaso, Reis, Borg just doesn't cut it IMO. An argument could be made Holloway has a better resume than MM

Jones
GSP
Khabib
DC
Mouse/Anderson

I believe that Cain cost him being considered HW GOAT over Fedor personally, he might not have ever lost at HW, I guess we'll never know.

Johnny Walker is a challenger but his last fight pushed him back a little.

Reyes won't get finished inside 3 rounds

johnny walker is just hype..
when you are getting knocked out by Corey Anderson on the feet you have no chance of beating Jon Jones. He's too wild and reckless he has about a 5% chance against the GOAT.
we'll see man, I feel like Jones will want to finish this as quick as possible, but hey anything can happen

johnny walker is just hype..
when you are getting knocked out by Corey Anderson on the feet you have no chance of beating Jon Jones. He's too wild and reckless he has about a 5% chance against the GOAT.
we'll see man, I feel like Jones will want to finish this as quick as possible, but hey anything can happen
Nah Walker is more than Hype, they threw him in a little deep a little early maybe but he finished his first few fights inside a couple minutes. He's got huge potential.

I’d love to see Reyes do to Picogram what Weidman did to Silva. It’s a long a shot but the guy is undefeated and hungry, the LHW division would be so much better if Dom gets it done.

I’d love to see Reyes do to Picogram what Weidman did to Silva. It’s a long a shot but the guy is undefeated and hungry, the LHW division would be so much better if Dom gets it done.
Reyes is a chance, imo. But whatever the outcome, there isn't really anything left for Jones at LHW. I think Jones will move up to HW whether he gets the W or not after this fight (it's sounding like that anyway).

Ngannou vs Jones intrigues the fu** out of me.

I reckon Bones is gonna win this one pretty easily. Too good for anyone in the division hope he moves up to heavyweight soon

People forget Jones last win was a split decision against Santos who had a injured ACL & PCL.

Lewis V Latifi

Lewis, a class above. Think Lewis wins easily

Ige V bektic,

Havent watched enough

Adams V Tafa

Again, Who?

Valentina V Chook

Valentina Flatlines Chook. No doubt

Reyes V Jones

Reyes so I can Brag i picked him

Think Reyes is a great young fighter, Not in Jones' class. Case of "Who's left" then "Whos ready?"

People forget Jones last win was a split decision against Santos who had a injured ACL & PCL.
I really want another Santos V Jones Fight. I cant believe the damage Santos did to his knee throwing that kick. Something must of been off during training camp to do that much damage and to be moving awkwardly. I

I really want another Santos V Jones Fight. I cant believe the damage Santos did to his knee throwing that kick. Something must of been off during training camp to do that much damage and to be moving awkwardly. I
Wasn't it just a really good check from Jones?
I think you're falling into the trap of wanting him to lose. He didn't take Santos down once, he stood with him just cause he's Jon Jones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back