MMA-UFC UFC 247 - Jones v Reyes

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm one of the biggest critics of the judges but 4-1 doesn't seem crazy to me.

I had it 3-1 heading into the fifth, and the last round was clearly Jones'.

If it had been given 3-2 that would have been fine. Even 3-2 to Reyes would have been acceptable, given how close it was.

They're judges, guys. They are not robots. Judging is based on objective criteria but performed subjectively.

I say this as somebody who a) wanted Reyes to win, and b) think much of pro sports is either rigged or close to it.

I'm one of the biggest critics of the judges but 4-1 doesn't seem crazy to me.

I had it 3-1 heading into the fifth, and the last round was clearly Jones'.

If it had been given 3-2 that would have been fine. Even 3-2 to Reyes would have been acceptable, given how close it was.

They're judges, guys. They are not robots. Judging is based on objective criteria but performed subjectively.

I say this as somebody who a) wanted Reyes to win, and b) think much of pro sports is either rigged or close to it.

sup luke Thomas

Theres a reason Jones wont go to HW, hes fading and doesnt have power to keep people off him

Even with his reach he cant jab well and his wrestling has definitely faded. Even despite this he continues to win. That cant be argued

Corey Anderson has nothing for Jones but Walker or a move to HW may see him ended.

Theres a reason Jones wont go to HW, hes fading and doesnt have power to keep people off him

Even with his reach he cant jab well and his wrestling has definitely faded. Even despite this he continues to win. That cant be argued

Corey Anderson has nothing for Jones but Walker or a move to HW may see him ended.
He ain't fading. The comp is catching up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the fights today but from what I hear I think you’re right. I’d like to see how Johnny walker bounces back before I write him off as a legit contender. The most intriguing Jones fight for me though is either a stipe or Francis fight at heavyweight.

I missed the fights today but from what I hear I think you’re right. I’d like to see how Johnny walker bounces back before I write him off as a legit contender. The most intriguing Jones fight for me though is either a stipe or Francis fight at heavyweight.
The last 2 Jones fights have convinced me Stipe pressures Jones, uses his strength and straight strikes to land and may even get a stoppage. HWs can walk through Jones' hands and they are MUCH stronger

Frankie Murder decapitates him

HW's can't and won't walk through Jones when Jones is a HW himself.
He doesnt have power at 205 let alone blowing himself up to fight naturally bigger men. Theres a reason we have weight classes, and Jones wont be able to handle the upper echelon of HW.

I doubt he could trouble Overeems chin which has already been cracked 15x

He doesnt have power at 205 let alone blowing himself up to fight naturally bigger men. Theres a reason we have weight classes, and Jones wont be able to handle the upper echelon of HW.

I doubt he could trouble Overeems chin which has already been cracked 15x
Dude. Once adjusted to HW Jones will own that div as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back