MMA-UFC UFC 247 - Jones v Reyes

The last 2 Jones fights have convinced me Stipe pressures Jones, uses his strength and straight strikes to land and may even get a stoppage. HWs can walk through Jones' hands and they are MUCH stronger

Frankie Murder decapitates him
By my eye , Reyes best scoring punch was the straight left.
Jon kept walking through it but i can't see him doing that to Stipe.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
what don't you agree with?
Reyes WAS clearly stronger than Jon imo. He stuffed most of the TD attempts & even when Jon secured the TD he couldn't hold him down for long at all...
Even match-up, imo. Both guys are at the top of the food chain.
Reyes was awesome. He may have spent too much of his fuel early on though, while Jones absorbed the pressure and came home a bit stronger in the champ rounds.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Even match-up, imo. Both guys are at the top of the food chain.
Reyes was awesome. He may have spent too much of his fuel early on though, while Jones absorbed the pressure and came home a bit stronger in the champ rounds.
yes.. I agree. close fight and could have gone either way. My argument though was that Jon has lost strength in recent times and that Reyes was physically stronger than him, which played a role in the fight panning out the way it did.
the Jon that fought DC the first time would have taken Reyes down with ease & held him there with powerful top control

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
yes.. I agree. close fight and could have gone either way. My argument though was that Jon has lost strength in recent times and that Reyes was physically stronger than him, which played a role in the fight panning out the way it did.
the Jon that fought DC the first time would have taken Reyes down with ease & held him there with powerful top control
I don't think that Jones has lost strength, and he and Reyes were pretty even imo. Probs gained a bit since his last fight.
Can't compare Reyes to DC. Too different.

Jones did enough to get that decision.....very close fight.

Jones showing why he's the goat. Gets dominated early but continues to show composure and pressures Reyes.

Shevchenko fights like your favourite Tekken character. UFC should do a 3rd fight between her and Nunes.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Having Lewis win 30-27 by every judge was s**t. That was a close fight. Horrible decision to have Lewis win every round on every scorecard. Wrong

Giving the first round to Giles was madness as well. Absolute ******* madness, Do you win rounds by escaping chokeholds now?

Ewell V Martinez was a horrible botch judgement as well.30-27? Piss off.

Jones V Reyes

4-1 is a disgrace. Absolute disgrace. Along with other judging decisions it needs.to be overhauled for the good of the sport

Secondly, Having 2 judges having Jones winning the second is disgusting. Texas doesnt deserve to host a UFC again

Yes right man won in the end, Judging is ****ed. Get rid of the s**t if people don't understand how MMA works. We've had Mighty mouse. BJ Penn absolutely screwed out of decisions and it's going to happen again.

This isnt a matter of Opinion. If you had Jones winning 4 rounds to Reyes 1 I dont think you understand the sport

I thought Reyes won the first 2 rounds easily. Third as well but honestly was tight. 5 Jones easily, 4th was close as well. 4-1 is a disgrace to the sport.

May as well have Zempelis and Cameron Ling score fights.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Sometimes I think that in a 5 rounder especially, when someone dominates the last 2 rounds the judges will find a way to work back and give them a round to get the win. I kinda agree and I'm not sure why other than it feels weird for someone to lose a fight who dominates the last 2 rounds even if it's the wrong way to do it.

I had Santos 3-2 in the last fight but Jon winning the last 2 easily and it would have felt wrong for them to read Santos. I dunno.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sometimes I think that in a 5 rounder especially, when someone dominates the last 2 rounds the judges will find a way to work back and give them a round to get the win. I kinda agree and I'm not sure why other than it feels weird for someone to lose a fight who dominates the last 2 rounds even if it's the wrong way to do it.

I had Santos 3-2 in the last fight but Jon winning the last 2 easily and it would have felt wrong for them to read Santos. I dunno.

Great post. I just watched the bones fight. He won it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't know what Santos recovery is looking like but him vs Reyes next would be awesome.

Only an idiot wouldn't give Reyes at least two rounds. The UFC likes having judges that are idiots.
except the UFC dont pick the judges

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Did anyone see this? Posted by Jonathan Snowden too, he's fairly respected.

EQUkz2QXUAE9r1z

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also I don't know if this counts as a conspiracy theory but it's a theory anyway. Jones camp did research on the judges and knew that take downs scored heavily in Houston.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apparently Paul Gallen wants to fight Mark Hunt in a boxing match. How ******* dumb is that campaigner?
Hunt for some of the all time great in K1 and Pride and it's not like his kickboxing game was based around his kicking. Gallens head might come clean off.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm going to watch it for sure though ha ha
I'd also watch it. If Gallen couldn't get through Hall who while looking actually really good was in his first ever pro fight then how the * is going to beat one of the scariest heavyweight ko fighters of all time

Back