MMA-UFC UFC 247 - Jones v Reyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Paul Gallen wants to fight Mark Hunt in a boxing match. How ******* dumb is that campaigner?
Hunt for some of the all time great in K1 and Pride and it's not like his kickboxing game was based around his kicking. Gallens head might come clean off.
He'd get a decent payday for that but it wouldn't end well for someone who fights like a pub brawler. Hunt left hook within 3 minutes

Fair set of cods on him for wanting to take him on that's for sure.
Imagine if they did it in MMA gloves 😂
He'd get a decent payday for that but it wouldn't end well for someone who fights like a pub brawler. Hunt left hook within 3 minutes

He'd want a good pay day, might be the last time he walks if Hunt really connects

Was hilarious hearing rogan call out the judges during his commentary, he wants 5+ there judging

Anything is better than what they have at the moment. The fact that the rules aren't universal in the states let alone the world is a disgrace.

Needs a massive overhaul.

When does this discraceful judging with boxing and mma end?
The fury decision was a Discrace
The reyes decision a discrace
Its like the cash cows wider and jones
Are pretected at all costs , as a fan of both sports
Ive had a gutful of this s**t.

The Reyes decision wasn't a disgrace. A shitload of people had Jones winning 3 rounds.

It was a very close fight, hard to call it a disgrace (maybe 49-46 was but that’s why there are three judges).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps need a scoring system that allows more draws to take place.
I've seen quite a few awesome battles that really should just be draws.
It’s a tough one in very close fights, but draws are usually a s**t way to finish a fight, really anti climatic, you go to war and you don’t even get a winner.

the decision to give jones the win isnt a disgrace

The judges all through the PPV made some horrific scoring decisions, Having 2 judges give Jones the second and having one judge score it 4-1 was proof that He does not understand the sport and shouldnt judge any MMA contest again

The Reyes decision wasn't a disgrace. A shitload of people had Jones winning 3 rounds.
I had it 4-1 Jones and I was cheering for Reyes.

If it had have been judged 3-2 Reyes I would not have argued, though.

3-2 Reyes would have been a fair assessment, especially if you prioritise pure striking over take-downs, ring control, and aggression.

This is what happens in close fights, guys. The judging is meant to be 'objective' but it is obviously subjective, no way to change that fact.

I have been so surprised by the outrage on r/mma that I have begun to reconsider some of the fights I thought were fixed in the past.

Maybe I was caught up in the emotion of it all, the way people are with this one.

Last edited:
No matter how many judges you have or whatever scoring system you implement......humans beings will always make mistakes under pressure. We see it with refs and fighters too be it pressure on themselves or and from the other fighters.

Judging a fight as your average fan when there's zero pressure on you is easy. The suggestion of having 'retired fighters' as judges won't fix the ratio of mistakes made. You'd also have the potential problem of fighters judging with bias for or against certain fighters.

I think people should just accept that from time to time mistakes will be made.

In Reyes case.....he can feel hard done by but he should take solace in his performance against Jones. He didn't lose any stock within the UFC and from now on more people will wanna tune in to watch his fights.

just watched the main event. Had rounds 1 and 3 for Reyes. Round 2 was so close i couldnt call it, so i guess the champ gets it for octagon control. Rounds 4 and 5 for Jones. But that judge that had it 4-1 for Jones needs to be fired for gross incompetence.

Shame for Reyes cos Jones didnt seem to do much in the fight other than walk forward... He never really landed a shot that made you go ooohhhhh. Reyes on the other hand was throwing some heavy strikes

No matter how many judges you have or whatever scoring system you implement......humans beings will always make mistakes under pressure. We see it with refs and fighters too be it pressure on themselves or and from the other fighters.
Wasn't just the Reyes V Jones Fight

The Ewell V Martinez fight was a disgrace, Mruphy V Lee average and Having Krause lose a round to Giles is stupid unless surviing having a dude on your back for over 4 minutes trying to lock you in a chokehold counts as winning a round and displaying your a better fighter.

From there, Lewis v Llir was not 30-27, Llir won the second. Sure he didnt dominate but no idea how you can give that round to Lewis, Hell Lewis finished with Going all out because he believed it was going to be close.

Only correct scored decision was Mirsad V Dan Ige as a split contest.

They made mistakes all night like they dont understand what they were doing

Wasn't just the Reyes V Jones Fight

The Ewell V Martinez fight was a disgrace, Mruphy V Lee average and Having Krause lose a round to Giles is stupid unless surviing having a dude on your back for over 4 minutes trying to lock you in a chokehold counts as winning a round and displaying your a better fighter.

From there, Lewis v Llir was not 30-27, Llir won the second. Sure he didnt dominate but no idea how you can give that round to Lewis, Hell Lewis finished with Going all out because he believed it was going to be close.

Only correct scored decision was Mirsad V Dan Ige as a split contest.

They made mistakes all night like they dont understand what they were doing
Yep and you get some events in which there's no criticism for judges.

They had a bad night.

I think it's always gonna be a bit hit and miss in the UFC.

They don’t usually do the immediate rematch in these circumstances but there seems to potentially be the demand from the fans for no2.

There wasn’t really any and none after time went by/Thiago injured after the Santos fight remembering he technically got closer, the guy lost by split decision and was absolutely crippled.

What to really take from those fights is Bones is really not invincible, luck and timing is just everything in sport as a whole. Jones could of lost three fights by decision

They don’t usually do the immediate rematch in these circumstances but there seems to potentially be the demand from the fans for no2.

There wasn’t really any and none after time went by/Thiago injured after the Santos fight remembering he technically got closer, the guy lost by split decision and was absolutely crippled.

What to really take from those fights is Bones is really not invincible, luck and timing is just everything in sport as a whole. Jones could of lost three fights by decision
I don't think Jones'ability has diminished at all. Look at what he did to Gustafsson for evidence.

I think it is more of a case of the new generation coming through being so talented and hungry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back