MMA-UFC UFC 247 - Jones v Reyes

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Jones'ability has diminished at all. Look at what he did to Gustafsson for evidence.

I think it is more of a case of the new generation coming through being so talented and hungry

Yeah normally a fighters chin might diminish as they grow older but Joneses seems to be as strong as ever. I think Jones just seems to be happy to take the decision these days. Also can't forget it was only 2 fights ago when he completely dismantled Smith for 5 rounds.

Yeah normally a fighters chin might diminish as they grow older but Joneses seems to be as strong as ever. I think Jones just seems to be happy to take the decision these days. Also can't forget it was only 2 fights ago when he completely dismantled Smith for 5 rounds.
and Gustafsson the fight before.

Not sure if it was judges having a poor night or just poor judges for this one.
Hard to say until you have a clear set of rules to work off. What's the difference in scoring between a punch and a take down. What about a jab compared to a judo trip. A McGregor hook compared to a Romero take down superman style. Counter shots vs denying a take down. I think the 10-9 and even 10-8 needs to go.

For instance I think 10-9 is a super close round, Jones Rd 5 vs Reyes should be a 10-8 and then like Izzy vs Gastelum Round 5 should be a 10-7 or 6.

I had it 4-1 Jones and I was cheering for Reyes.

If it had have been judged 3-2 Reyes I would not have argued, though.
giphy (18).gif

And this rubbish about you have to beat the champ by ko or tko or a massive decision diff.....err no
If u win you win.

And this Championship rounds crap (4 &5)
Every rounds a championship round
If a challenger wins the first 3 and 4 and 5 are given to the champ and all rounds are pretty much scored the same then its 3-2 ffs

Them throwing barbs is more likely in building up to a possible rematch in the future, Jon looks less likely to go to HW, and not much else for Dom other than taking on another top 5 fighter. Just stoking the fires.

Promoting combat sports 101.

I agreed with the scorecards watching it live. No desire to see a rematch.

Reyes was lucky to be there after being on the right side of a very lucky split decision against Oezdemir.

Go to the back of the line. It's Corey Anderson's turn next. Then Israel.

Reyes was lucky to be there after being on the right side of a very lucky split decision against Oezdemir.

Well Corey has to win this weekend, and still the likelihood is you’ll get a rematch with the reaction post fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, nope.

It looks to be Jan's time now, then if Jon gets past him one of Santos/Reyes rematch probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back