MMA-UFC UFC 248: Adesanya vs Romero | 7 March 2020 | Sunday (Australia time)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's next for Yoel? Too many contenders in the division for a rematch (Costa, Till, Whittaker, Gastellum, etc.). Back to gatekeeping?

He'll gatekeep, but the fact he got a title shot off a loss shows the UFC will always have him in mind if the contenders aren't available. Won't ever fight Israel again though.

What's next for Yoel? Too many contenders in the division for a rematch (Costa, Till, Whittaker, Gastellum, etc.). Back to gatekeeping?
He had another loss today. Two more losses and he gets another title shot.

Unbelievable fight between Joanna and Weili

I had it 3-2 for Joanna but can see how it would be judged to Weili 3-2.

One of the best fights I've seen and the best women's fight i've seen for sure.

Joanna looked so good but her lack of head movement really cost her this fight. Easily the more skilled striker but just leaves her head there for Weili to counterpunch.

Izzy really doesn't look comfortable fighting on the front foot. Like we saw in his Silva fight too.

Which is why it's still so head scratching to me why Whittaker was recklessly rushing in behind so many overhand rights against him... Even though that strat worked for Gastelum, Whittaker is a counter puncher just like Izzy.

Izzy really doesn't look comfortable fighting on the front foot. Like we saw in his Silva fight too.

Which is why it's still so head scratching to me why Whittaker was recklessly rushing in behind so many overhand rights against him... Even though that strat worked for Gastelum, Whittaker is a counter puncher just like Izzy.

I think he’s getting out scored on the outside 9/10. I liked his rushing, he just didn’t get out quick enough on the occasion were he got rocked, probably got too comfortable because of how well he was going and ring rust.

I think he’s getting out scored on the outside 9/10. I liked his rushing, he just didn’t get out quick enough on the occasion were he got rocked, probably got too comfortable because of how well he was going and ring rust.

That's what I would have thought before today too, but after watching Izzy look completely lost having to come forward I'm not so sure anymore.

Whittaker was the champ too, so he could have made Izzy bring the fight to him. Since the onus is on the challenger to take the belt from you.

Genuine lulz in the Romero post fight press conference right now.

Romero spends at least five minutes saying that Israel ran away from the fight, 'you can't fight a ghost', etc etc.

Romero then says something in Spanish. Translator sits there in silence.

Romero shouts in English: 'Tell him! Tell him!' (as in, tell them what I said)

Translator sighs, then says,

'He says that you have to remember that Israel's ancestors come from Africa where they are good at running'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* off Yoel. You take at least half the blame for that fizzer of a main event. You set the tone early covering up for the first 3 minutes and waiting for Adesanya to lose his head.

Izzy did what he had to do and not a cent more. Might have been dull but he leaves with the belt and that's all that matters really.

The worst thing about all of that was Paulo Costa leaving the arena as soon as the main event finished.

what the fu** are you doing? You’ve flown half way across the world to call out the guy,he’s about to cut a promo on you and you’re out of there!

His spotters on the door gave him a heads up that WADA reps had just turned up.

Not straight away, but id like to see a fully rested Rob have another crack at Israel in the future. Think the fight goes a lot longer if Rob plays his natural game and is healthy.

fu** off Yoel. You take at least half the blame for that fizzer of a main event. You set the tone early covering up for the first 3 minutes and waiting for Adesanya to lose his head.

Izzy did what he had to do and not a cent more. Might have been dull but he leaves with the belt and that's all that matters really.

His spotters on the door gave him a heads up that WADA reps had just turned up.

Izzy called Yoel out (even going as far as bringing 9/11 into it like a nonce) and absolutely bitched it after getting rocked.

He never will be Silva.

'I'm not gonna rush in and risk a mistake and risk millions of dollars just to entertain some drunken buffoons in the crowd who've been drinking since 4pm'

I'm warming to Adesanya.

Costa has got some roid rage lol. That being said him & Izzy makes for a really intriguing fight. You know they genuinely don’t like each other so the trash talk/ press conference will be entertaining too

I get the whole "chess match" analogy when you've got counter puncher vs counter puncher

But neither fighter was even willing to move their pawns tonight. Hard to call it a chess match.
In round one, Israel moved a pawn and lost a rook. Ate a massive punch to the face.

From that point forward he played it smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back