MMA-UFC UFC 249

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Sensational from JG.

Thanks Uncle Dana, terrific card.

Those beautiful one-two combos won't be much use on the ground pressed up against the cage with his legs tied up.

Yeah that’s the worry but if Justin can crack him. Who knows. Could tony have attempted a couple of takedowns in this fight. ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Sensational from JG.

Thanks Uncle Dana, terrific card.

Those beautiful one-two combos won't be much use on the ground pressed up against the cage with his legs tied up.
We know what Khabib wants to do I guess it's a question if Gaethjes style allows him to stand for long periods where he has a chance to land those heavy punches and leg kicks. The leg kicks really affected Tony where he usually walks straight through them. It's not just the punches or the leg kicks or the wrestling it's everything; does Gaethjes style pose a serious threat to Khabib? Maybe. Khabib would be a deserved favourite but Gaethje will be a different challenge.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Highlights of the night for me:
-Kattar looking like a serious challenger @ Featherweight
-Gaethje impeccable performance over Tony
-Mitchell amazing grappling

Thought Ngannou's striking could and should be cleaner, nontheless he's got crazy power and if he can clean up his hands (like he's shown he's capable of) is looking very scary for the rest of the HWs for the next 3-5 years

Cejudo winning a questionable stoppage then retiring was a bit weird. Fair play to him by deciding now and not holding the division up for the next year though. You've got to wonder if Cruz follows suit, didn't look like scoring much damage ever in that fight and I fear other challengers would also beat him.

Luque was good vs price although he is a bit like T.Ferg - solid striker who likes to get hit and doesn't use good head movement.

Werdum started slow but was really on top in the latter rounds. Think he goes again and is still capable of finishing fights on the ground.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Highlights of the night for me:
-Kattar looking like a serious challenger @ Featherweight
-Gaethje impeccable performance over Tony
-Mitchell amazing grappling

Thought Ngannou's striking could and should be cleaner, nontheless he's got crazy power and if he can clean up his hands (like he's shown he's capable of) is looking very scary for the rest of the HWs for the next 3-5 years

Cejudo winning a questionable stoppage then retiring was a bit weird. Fair play to him by deciding now and not holding the division up for the next year though. You've got to wonder if Cruz follows suit, didn't look like scoring much damage ever in that fight and I fear other challengers would also beat him.

Luque was good vs price although he is a bit like T.Ferg - solid striker who likes to get hit and doesn't use good head movement.

Werdum started slow but was really on top in the latter rounds. Think he goes again and is still capable of finishing fights on the ground.

Cruz looked average. I suspect the injuries and the time might have finally caught him.

Hope im wrong but a career in the chair calling fights as one of the truly brilliant mma brains beckons.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
brilliant main event

Cruz all class as well, even in defeat. Unaffected by many years out of the cage and still being able to bring his A-Game shows what a true champion he truly is. Poor stoppage and the round was set to end anyway. Great to have some fights back and sport back on.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ferguson another to fall under the consequences of the ufc business model, very sad. Although overall I support their ways.

Unquestionably the most deserving title contender in the history of the sport. Don’t tell me if he can’t beat Gaethje he’s not good enough, if you continue to put him in against top guys he will eventually fall, the two previous fights were unnecessary really. Love to Tony, forever unknown if he could beat Khabib, you cannot base it off a fight in which there was no grappling.

The UFC would rather the Tony fight over Justin but ultimately they’re still after the biggest prize, the McGregor rematch, which would be the biggest selling event in the history of the business.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Man I feel bad for tony. Not that I’m not happy for Gaethje that guys an animal and one of the most exciting fighters in the ufc but the amount of adversity Ferguson has had to endure over the years it’s a bit sad to see it all come to a halt. I’m sure he will bounce back but in such a stacked division it’s hard to say when he will be back in the number 1 contender spot.

Cruz definitely performed well given the long lay off. Hopefully can keep his body healthy and stay active. Could definitely see him taking out some of the top guys and having another crack for the title over the next year or two.

Ngannou just continues to be one of the most terrifying fighters in the world. I don’t care how skilled a fighter you are the thought of having to face that guy would make you s**t yourself. Mike Tyson level of fear going against that guy. Should have been an interm title fight.

Ferguson another to fall under the consequences of the ufc business model, very sad. Although overall I support their ways.

Unquestionably the most deserving title contender in the history of the sport. Don’t tell me if he can’t beat Gaethje he’s not good enough, if you continue to put him in against top guys he will eventually fall, the two previous fights were unnecessary really. Love to Tony, forever unknown if he could beat Khabib, you cannot base it off a fight in which there was no grappling.

The UFC would rather the Tony fight over Justin but ultimately they’re still after the biggest prize, the McGregor rematch, which would be the biggest selling event in the history of the business.
Ferguson v McGregor for the number 1 contender

The UFC won't be mad with that match up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ferguson v McGregor for the number 1 contender

The UFC won't be mad with that match up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
It’s the fight to make when you think of it really, if Tony where to get just one win against a top guy he should get a shot.

I don’t see them making it though, I know where hearing stuff but I don’t know Conor will fight in corona time

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Connor hasn't actually put up his hand for a serious fight that wasn't for a title in years. Can't see him fighting Ferg.

Back