In case that tweet doesn't embed properly, according to Ariel Helwani:

This is the main card for UFC 251, per Dana White on First take:

Usman vs. Burns

Volkanovski vs. Holloway

Yan vs. Aldo

Namajunas vs. Andrade 2

VanZant vs. Ribas

Thoughts?

Who else fell for the fight island meme?

As in, believed it would be an actual island, like a small tourist island with some hotels rented out just for the UFC, and a purpose-built arena, or something like that?

I will freely admit that I fell for it. Feel like a bit of a fool right now to be honest.

As for the fights, seems to me like Usman should dispose of Burns,
will be interesting to see if Holloway can make the necessary adjustments against Volkanovski (if he can't, he's toast),
and after the bantamweight fest of 250, the timing of Yan vs Aldo seems perfect.

This is the kind of card I'd be more than happy to pay $60 for (if I wasn't traveling overseas).

Who else fell for the fight island meme?

As in, believed it would be an actual island, like a small tourist island with some hotels rented out just for the UFC, and a purpose-built arena, or something like that?

I will freely admit that I fell for it. Feel like a bit of a fool right now to be honest.

As for the fights, seems to me like Usman should dispose of Burns,
will be interesting to see if Holloway can make the necessary adjustments against Volkanovski (if he can't, he's toast),
and after the bantamweight fest of 250, the timing of Yan vs Aldo seems perfect.

This is the kind of card I'd be more than happy to pay $60 for (if I wasn't traveling overseas).
Yeah, that's how I pictured it in my head and was massively disappointed when I heard the rumours about it being only in Abu Dhabi lol

Absolutely stacked card.

I give it a 50% chance all those fighters actually walk into the ring.

Between injuries, covid and visas, I foresee some pullouts.

Absolutely stacked card.

I give it a 50% chance all those fighters actually walk into the ring.

Between injuries, covid and visas, I foresee some pullouts.

Agree, solid card but don't see it holding together by then.

Usman vs Burns ... Who gives a fu**?
Masvidal, Colby hell even Edwards more interest. Still hopefully Usman loses because Burns will atleast be willing to defend all the time
Apparently Edwards knocked it back, don’t know exactly why. He might not be able to get out of the UK, real disappointing if he just thought he wouldn’t be ready, he may never get another championship opportunity.

What are you talking about?
It's the co main and the heavier weight class always gets the nod.
Co main is not the same as main & having top billing on a card. So why does the heavier weight always get the nod apart from a select few? Especially in some cases like this one, when the lighter weight class is clearly the bigger fight.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Co main is not the same as main & having top billing on a card. So why does the heavier weight always get the nod apart from a select few? Especially in some cases like this one, when the lighter weight class is clearly the bigger fight.

Who am I Dana bloody white and Shaun Shelby? They put the names at the top of the card they think will sell the most PPVs. Simple

Both fights are big and will grow into massive fights. Imo the order of fights is fine as stands. Could be in either order and be fine.

Not sure why they're chucking 3 titles on 1 card when they need to fill other cards but looks like a belter for fans

Burns/Usman I like. Masvidal is a journeyman with a couple of flash KO's and beating Diaz, a career LW journeyman. I think Burns is the better fighter, higher ceiling and more compelling fight IMO...

Max, really not sure what he can do differently. He was outclassed mostly. Hope Volk gets the finish and propels him into stardom

Yan should be stopping Aldo late. Aldo has good hands though, very underrated boxing. Good fight even if Sterling/Yan would be better

Can't say I care about the rematch or PVZ but you can sit through that for the 3 fights after!

I also thought Dana had an island booked in the Caribean or something haha

Well props to Rose for taking the rematch after Andrade nearly killed her
good card

Maybe it's not clearly a bigger fight, I dunno. Obviously if Conor was on the card that would be main but otherwise, dunno.

Get this.. Apparently the main card starts at 6am local time (as in Abu Dhabi time). All to suit the US I guess.
Prelims 4am? 🤔

That's not unusual for that part of the world. A number of big boxing and MMA cards in England have done the same to suit US TV.

Yeah I realize that the ufc have start times to accommodate the US, but 6am for a main card to start..I can't recall that happening.
Not quite the same but there was the Bisping fight in England. I agree though this is kinda nuts.

UFC 204: Bisping Henderson 2:
‘In order for the event to be broadcast live during prime time hours on the east coast of North America, the main card was expected to begin at 3:00 am (October 9) local time in Manchester GMT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back