Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is he really though?

He is defiantly up the top, but I don't know if he is number 1

For instance being undefeated in 29 fights is great, but probably 7 of them were against top opponents. Does that feat reign better than any/all of the following though?

Mighty Mouse - 11 UFC belt defenses
GSP - 12 times UFC champ in 2 divisions
Jon Jones - 26-1 (really that is undefeated though) 14 x UFC champ and his opponents is a murders row for years
Anderson Silva - won the UFC title like 13-14 times
Fedor even
Completely agree. Khabib is unique for his utter domination of each fight he was in... BUT... the level of elite competition he faced (over a prolonged period of time) leaves him way behind Jones and GSP in my opinion.

Khabib has beaten
Elite - Gaethje, Poirier, Conor, Dos Anjos
Good - Barboza, Michael Johnson, Iaquinta

Jones has beaten
Elite - Cormier (x2), Santos, Gustaffson, Belfort, Teixeira, Machida, Rashad Evans, Rampage, Shogun, Sonnen
Good - Smith, Reyes, OSP, Badar, Bonnar

Struggle

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Kind of shocked that 2 judges had round one for Justin. It was pretty much even on the feet then Khabib got a takedown and nearly finished him with ease

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Yeah I think whether or not you like Jones you can't argue with his resume, especially seeing as he was beating legends in his early 20s
he literally walked through a murders row.

Took time off/got suspended, the division started to stack up again

Then he came back and walked right through the new guys

he might not be as dominate in fights as Khabib, but he fought the absolute best of the best for almost 10 years and never lost (albeit very lucky in at least two of those fights)

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
he literally walked through a murders row.

Took time off/got suspended, the division started to stack up again

Then he came back and walked right through the new guys

he might not be as dominate in fights as Khabib, but he fought the absolute best of the best for almost 10 years and never lost (albeit very lucky in at least two of those fights)
Yeah and if you believe him he was hardly training either. Jones creativeness in his standup game was remarkable when he was younger and then he took down DC a couple times just to rub it in

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
UFC have made Khabib P4P no.1.

JJ is P4P no.1, imo, but I'm happy for Khabib to get his moment. I wonder when the UFC change it back.. They might wait to see what happens in Jon's next fight.
Jones vs Izzy plz!

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
UFC have made Khabib P4P no.1.

JJ is P4P no.1, imo, but I'm happy for Khabib to get his moment. I wonder when the UFC change it back.. They might wait to see what happens in Jon's next fight.
Jones vs Izzy plz!
Jones 1 Stylebender 2 when they change it back.

Just grows the legend that is that fight.

Remove this Banner Ad